ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

Of course we’re going to do this. Washington just sliced through us like warm butter.

Female ref screwed Washington out of 2 points . Collinsworth soft played it

And Mike tirico couldn’t do math.

That dropped INT in the end zone will come back to be a killer.

Just like the unsportsmanlike penalty in the first game against Washington.

Bad officiating screwed Washington.
Gotta think the NFL wants no part of Washington getting hot and snyder winning a title

Reactions: TM94goRU
Giants run Saquon 3x in a row
Coms pass to sidelines 3x in a row
Not hard teams to scout

Thibodoux has to be the steal of the draft as a 5th rounder, wow!
I think he can be really good, but you can't call a fifth overall pick a steal. Unless, you're joking here about someone making a mistake talking about the pick.

I think he can be really good, but you can't call a fifth overall pick a steal. Unless, you're joking here about someone making a mistake talking about the pick.
Posted from my cell and it auto corrected. My bad, and I should have added Sauce Gardner also was a steal, but as you said, at those picks, # 4 & #5 they're not steals. That strip and score was very LT like.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Not to mention consensus 5 Star, some had him #1 in the nation, was a projected Heisman candidate at one point and #1 on multiple draft boards for a while.... not so much what one could call an under the radar type...

Had a higher ceiling but also a lower floor than Hutchinson. Looks like it will be the higher ceiling.

He had a good chance to be the #1 pick but played his last year like he didn’t have to prove himself on every single play.
They were worried, even when picked by the Jints, he may become too enamored in the big city lights as well.
It seems he may be, but in a positive way.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
He had a good chance to be the #1 pick but played his last year like he didn’t have to prove himself on every single play.
They were worried, even when picked by the Jints, he may become too enamored in the big city lights as well.
It seems he may be, but in a positive way.
Seems like some of the questions about his personality have already left a mark,lol. He's worth the risk but I hope his act doesn't rub the veterans the wrong way.https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/12/k...as-the-next-giants-defensive-star-politi.html

Thibodeaux likes to talk a lot

Dexter Lawrence said “When I saw who scored, I was like ‘This is going to be a long train ride home. We’re not going to hear the end of it.”

I just hope he's not always injured.
He hurt is ankle in the first game of his last season at Oregon (he was a Jr) and it held him back
Then he got injured (MCL) in first preseason game as a Giant
He was also wearing some sort of arm brace early in year.

He some a funny quotes about teams being "a family" 1:30 in:

I still can't believe what Daboll and his staff have been able to get out of this talent. We were literally supposed to suck as in 6 wins being a good season. To sit at 8-5-1 at this point in the season with this talent and all the injuries is a pretty remarkable job.

I still can't believe what Daboll and his staff have been able to get out of this talent. We were literally supposed to suck as in 6 wins being a good season. To sit at 8-5-1 at this point in the season with this talent and all the injuries is a pretty remarkable job.

First non-losing season since 2017. 2nd since 2013. Coach of the Year.

Agree the zebras missed the pi at the end, but that play never should've taken place if McCloud intercepts the pass in the end zone. Jones' first two passes in the game should've been caught, and I forget who dropped the ball in the fourth quarter which would've given the Giants a first down. Schoen and Daboll have done a great job, and some presumed not ready for prime time players, have gained experience and will compete for roster spots next season.

Not to mention consensus 5 Star, some had him #1 in the nation, was a projected Heisman candidate at one point and #1 on multiple draft boards for a while.... not so much what one could call an under the radar type...
You can thank the Houston Texans who took Derek Stingley, Jr. with the 3rd pick of the Draft and probably created the chance for the Giants to take Thibodeaux two picks later.

Stingley, by the way, injured his hamstring in the Texans-Giants game in November and hasn't played since. Two days ago he was placed on IR.

Reactions: RuSnp

A better OL and healthy Saquon did a lot - takes pressure off Jones
I can't believe Daboll even lasted in league so long without HC job.
I mean its a league where guys in their 30s are HCs and winning SBs.

Daboll has the passion and the football smarts (UR grad to boot) for HC job.
Schurmer always seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but in NY
You could tell he hated NYC media (cant blame him)
Judge and McAdoo felt like reaches.

What a job Daboll and company have done with Daniel Jones.
His yardage and TD totals are not there but understandable with the Oline and his WR's. He is on pace to rush for 700 yards believe as well. Neal hopefully makes the year two leap that Thomas made. The three interior Oline positions all need upgrading IMO. The WR's are practice level or #4 guys mostly.

vpriek4vky6a1.jpg

His yardage and TD totals are not there but understandable with the Oline and his WR's. He is on pace to rush for 700 yards believe as well. Neal hopefully makes the year two leap that Thomas made. The three interior Oline positions all need upgrading IMO. The WR's are practice level or #4 guys mostly.

vpriek4vky6a1.jpg

Jones would be a #3 for a lot of teams due to his returns role and Slayton as a #3 as well. But a #1 and #2 exist only on the payroll. And as you said there is still big problems with the interior OL. The pressure on Jones was only relieved by Barkley.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
I think Golladay has the yips
I see balls hit him in he hands and he drops them like they are hot
Yips happen in football and long snappers were usually the most prone

D Jones is ranked 16th in ESPN stats
He's right behind Russell Wilson (Kyler Murray is 22)
Jones took 41 sacks (Mahomes took 23 and Brady 19)
Jones only had 12 TDs with 4 INTs
But Wilson only has 11 TDs with 6 INTs (Wilson sacked 42 times - leading league with Jones and Justin Fields)

I remember when Sims was new he wasn't so great and got benched early in career - Parcells not thrilled with him.
But he got better and better and Jones should too.
Heck Giants won a SB with Hostetler
I don't worry about Jones anymore aside from health

Reactions: Purple-Ed
I think Golladay has the yips
I see balls hit him in he hands and he drops them like they are hot
Yips happen in football and long snappers were usually the most prone

D Jones is ranked 16th in ESPN stats
He's right behind Russell Wilson (Kyler Murray is 22)
Jones took 41 sacks (Mahomes took 23 and Brady 19)
Jones only had 12 TDs with 4 INTs
But Wilson only has 11 TDs with 6 INTs (Wilson sacked 42 times - leading league with Jones and Justin Fields)

I remember when Sims was new he wasn't so great and got benched early in career - Parcells not thrilled with him.
But he got better and better and Jones should too.
Heck Giants won a SB with Hostetler
I don't worry about Jones anymore aside from health

I remember when Manning was new - and he wasn't so great.

Reactions: ashokan
I remember when Manning was new - and he wasn't so great.

Indeed he was pretty touch and go
Truth is Eli is best as a medium to long ball passer
His early short passes could be spooky
He would make a screen pass to a receiver off to the side by himself and miss him by 6 feet.
The poor OL his last years really hurt him because he couldn't throw long balls (no time)
Short slants to OBJ were his bread and butter plays then
In his Super Bowls, Eli's most memorable passes were to Manningham, Plaxico and Tyree
The Tyree pass was a 32 yarder
The Mannigham 38 yd pass was a beaut that Eli is especially proud off
I remember Bradshaw sucked too in his first years

Jones would be a #3 for a lot of teams due to his returns role and Slayton as a #3 as well. But a #1 and #2 exist only on the payroll. And as you said there is still big problems with the interior OL. The pressure on Jones was only relieved by Barkley.
Jones is supposed to be James I'm guessing? Maybe I'm jaded by the early season drops, (think he fumbled a punt or two as well) but #3 sounds quite generous.

Slayton has some ability but leads the league in drop %.

Our leading pass catcher is our RB.

Bellinger is probably our most reliable pass catcher, but he's a 4th round rookie TE who missed a bunch of games. He had a sweet drop as well vs Washington.

Our best guy over the past 3-4 games is Hodgins, and he was nabbed off Buff's practice squad.

Now Barkley as a pass catching RB is great but should not be the #1 option. I do like Bellinger, and I do like Hodgins, but they should be complimentary pieces. It's just not a good looking picture in terms of passing options for Jones this season.

Drafting a WR in the 1st round seems like a no brainer. Hopefully Robinson can come back healthy and ready to go. Maybe add a solid vet(I wouldn't target a big money guy in FA)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT