ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

Jones is supposed to be James I'm guessing? Maybe I'm jaded by the early season drops, (think he fumbled a punt or two as well) but #3 sounds quite generous.

Slayton has some ability but leads the league in drop %.

Our leading pass catcher is our RB.

Bellinger is probably our most reliable pass catcher, but he's a 4th round rookie TE who missed a bunch of games. He had a sweet drop as well vs Washington.

Our best guy over the past 3-4 games is Hodgins, and he was nabbed off Buff's practice squad.

Now Barkley as a pass catching RB is great but should not be the #1 option. I do like Bellinger, and I do like Hodgins, but they should be complimentary pieces. It's just not a good looking picture in terms of passing options for Jones this season.

Drafting a WR in the 1st round seems like a no brainer. Hopefully Robinson can come back healthy and ready to go. Maybe add a solid vet(I wouldn't target a big money guy in FA)?

Yes, James. My mistake. And barring a FA signing WR should be high on the draft priorities. Not sure about 1st round. Wandale is coming back, and you can usually get some solid receivers on the 2nd day. There is also a crying need for interior OL. And though it's unlikely due to the Giant's improved record, I'd draft ND TE Michael Mayer in an instant if he were available in the 1st. But that being said the first 2 days should be best WR/IOL available.

Yes, James. My mistake. And barring a FA signing WR should be high on the draft priorities. Not sure about 1st round. Wandale is coming back, and you can usually get some solid receivers on the 2nd day. There is also a crying need for interior OL. And though it's unlikely due to the Giant's improved record, I'd draft ND TE Michael Mayer in an instant if he were available in the 1st. But that being said the first 2 days should be best WR/IOL available.
TE's in the 1st rnd? Isn't that typically seen as a mistake? Plus I like Bellinger.

I think #1WR is our biggest need, thus that would be my target with out first rounder. Obviously the draft board will play a big factor in that decision.

As per FA, I feel you can find interior linemen at a more reasonable cap hit, then a high end WR.

Biggest needs currently in no order. WR/IOL/LB/CB. We might try to tackle CB/WR in draft and IOL and LB in FA where might be cheaper. As always will all depend on draft board and how FA plays out.

TE's in the 1st rnd? Isn't that typically seen as a mistake? Plus I like Bellinger.

Right now it looks like the bottom half of the 1st rd., not Top 10. And Mayer is not only an excellent receiver but a beast of a blocker. I'm gritting my teeth as I say this about a ND player but he's the real deal.

Reactions: RU-05
Biggest needs currently in no order. WR/IOL/LB/CB. We might try to tackle CB/WR in draft and IOL and LB in FA where might be cheaper. As always will all depend on draft board and how FA plays out.
Anyone else cool with Collins as an ILB? I thought he played well against a good running team. Not sure how much tread he has left on the tires, but tackling has always been his thing, he should have good quicks for the lb spot, and for one game at least it looked like he could still play. In that role at least.

Anyone else cool with Collins as an ILB? I thought he played well against a good running team. Not sure how much tread he has left on the tires, but tackling has always been his thing, he should have good quicks for the lb spot, and for one game at least it looked like he could still play. In that role at least.
Thought he played a really nice game Sunday. I want to see some more of him the last 3 reg season games but it might be a possibility.

Reactions: RU-05

IIRC he played mostly on 3rd down and more than 3. Was a nice fit.

IIRC he played mostly on 3rd down and more than 3. Was a nice fit.
Maybe I'm overestimating his run stopping ability, especially vs a natural linebacker, especially on runs between the tackels. Conversely I'd expect him to have more range sideline to sideline. Not to mention better cover abilities(was a weakness at safety but much better as an ILB).

I dunno, i feel it's been such a weakness for the Giants since Pierce, I'd give it a go.

Giants are going to rue the day they didn't exercise Jones' 5th year option. They're 1 Bellinger fumble away from being tied or ahead.

Hanging in there and now taking the lead 13-10. However, Minnesota is the king of winning one score games. We'd be the heir apparent in that category.

Minnesota is the king of bend but don’t break defense, holding opponents to FGs. Gonna need some Wink magic to finish this one out.

Fvck you Dean Blandino go eat a fvcking cannoli. Cousins is the luckiest mother fvcker there is.

Giants secondary has stone hands for most part
I've though that other weeks as well
They rarely find the handles

Damn, another dropped pass, I hope the Giants
know their highest priorities in the off season By the way, my son drove up there with his friend, in that storm so far so good.

I will never understand why punt returners always think they can run sideline to sideline looking for lanes. Never happens and more often than not a penalty will be called on the returning team.

Fantastic. I guess Minnesota just has the football gods looking down on them this year.

Fantastic. I guess Minnesota just has the football gods looking down on them this year.

Minn is pretty good - 6 pro bowlers
I was actually surprised Giants were hanging with them considering their glaring needs

Minn is pretty good - 6 pro bowlers
I was actually surprised Giants were hanging with them considering their glaring needs
They’re definitely solid but they’re no where near top tier (Giants aren’t either obviously). They’ve squeaked through most games this year and won more than their share of one possession games.

Damn, another dropped pass, I hope the Giants
know their highest priorities in the off season By the way, my son drove up there with his friend, in that storm so far so good.

You mean interior OL? I know where I want the first 2 picks to be, in n particular order, unless Mayer from ND is available at TE.

Really fortunate that touchdown was with 2:01 on the clock too.

A 3 and out here would be incredible.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Reactions: koleszar and mdk01
ADVERTISEMENT