ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

Giants are going to rue the day they didn't exercise Jones' 5th year option. They're 1 Bellinger fumble away from being tied or ahead.
I don't think signing him will be an issue. I definitely want him back, but can't be giving him $40 mil either.

Same goes for Bark's. Have to get team friendly deals out of those two.

I don't think signing him will be an issue. I definitely want him back, but can't be giving him $40 mil either.

Same goes for Bark's. Have to get team friendly deals out of those two.

It will be at least 30. And they could have paid him 22 in '23 if they had exercised his option.

It will be at least 30. And they could have paid him 22 in '23 if they had exercised his option.

$8m for 1 year isn’t exactly “rue the day”.

Also the $22m would have been fully guaranteed for 2024 at the time the option was picked up.
Considering his injury history, not exactly a risk worth taking at the time.

And even if they did pick it up - always a possibility he holds out instead of playing next year as a lame-duck QB for only $22m after getting the team to the playoffs (or at worst in the playoff race until the final weeks of the season).

5th year option or franchise tag - contract extension (if any) was likely to get done this off-season.

$8 million would cover at least the 1st 2 years of an FA interior OL contract. Lord knows the team could use one.

But say we sign him for $30 and he has a big year next year that $30 might be a bargain in years 2-4 compared to the contract he may have signed if we picked up that option.

They actually played great football today in the 1st half. One more half to go. Playoffs with a win!

Reactions: koleszar
I always liked Collins and he's a good fit for Winks' shuffle around defense
Some wanted him as LB but I always wonder what kind of RB he would make
His London Pick 6 was one of best Giants' plays I ever saw

Colts are the worst team I've seen in NFL this year

Dexter even bulled over Nelson like he was a rookie

Last edited:
What a difference a year makes. Jones playing lights out today. His running does make me nervous though. Let’s Goooooo

They switched to pats dolphins
F that
I live in state where team plays
💩💩💩🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Dabol is like a Viking
I could see him in fur with a viking hat while drinking mead from a skull and eating hakarl

Giants are locked into the 6 seed no matter what.

Aside from the Vikings, the Cowboys can still overtake the Eagles for overall #1 seed.

Eagles win the tie breaker over the Vikings so only the Cowboys or Eagles can get the number one seed.

That's fvcking awesome. Cowboys fans have to root for the Giants to win. I'd love to see the look on their faces when Daboll pulls Jones and Barkley at halftime. Now that would be priceless.

Reactions: Kbee3 and mdh2003
That's fvcking awesome. Cowboys fans have to root for the Giants to win. I'd love to see the look on their faces when Daboll pulls Jones and Barkley at halftime. Now that would be priceless.
That and Cowboy fans are not human.

Honestly would rather pay back the Eagles for pulling Hurts in 2020 allowing Washington to squeak by. Nate Sudfeld needs reps, F them. Hope we stick it to them

Nice win and an unexpected season. It looks like Giants will now have to make sure Jones stays. Are most confident in him now? Do you franchise or do you offer a big contract?
What do we now do with Barkley next year?
The two of them have been huge!

Need to also get Jones a big time WR.

Feels good to be in the playoffs again…

Nice win and an unexpected season. It looks like Giants will now have to make sure Jones stays. Are most confident in him now? Do you franchise or do you offer a big contract?
What do we now do with Barkley next year?
The two of them have been huge!

Need to also get Jones a big time WR.

Feels good to be in the playoffs again…

Lot of cap space opening up so pay them both despite the injury risk. With Neal hopefully stepping up with a years experience you have bookends OTs for the next 3 years and look to add interior line help sometime in Rds 2-4. If Michael Mayer is available in the 1st you take him and have an All Pro TE who can block. Otherwise go WR unless there's not one who merits the pick at that point

Reactions: koleszar
Lot of cap space opening up so pay them both despite the injury risk. With Neal hopefully stepping up with a years experience you have bookends OTs for the next 3 years and look to add interior line help sometime in Rds 2-4. If Michael Mayer is available in the 1st you take him and have an All Pro TE who can block. Otherwise go WR unless there's not one who merits the pick at that point
Need a playmaking WR. A solid TE is essential but likely not the big-play guy. #RememberSchockey

I'd say pay them both as well. Not break the bank but an upper mid-tier salary, I don't think they'd command much more than that on the open market. Maybe Barkley, but RB's have a short shelf life so I wouldn't break the bank for him. Jones seems to work very well with Kafka and vice versa. No weapons and porous line and somehow they made it work for Jones best year.

If I had to pick one to resign it would be Jones. The RB shelf life is just not to high. Both concern me health wise though. One would think Jones would run less with more competent receivers. The main question this week will be do they play the starters vs philthadelphia? You cant coach scared but have to be smart about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT