ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NY Giants Season & Post Season Game Thread

WHAT THE FVCK IS THAT CALL? That's a fvcking horrible roughing the passer call. This crew needs a talking to after the game.
How about the no call for false start on Andrew Thomas on the td pass.
Do we only count the bad calls against the Giants?
I'm a true blue Gints fan for over 60 years but I try to stay objective.

Thomas was close but I think they missed it…the roughing the passer is a different types of penalty. It was a judgement call and could have also been overruled.

Don't listen to Olsen. Mike Perira commented and shut Olsen down, he said, nah that's way too close to call. Olsen said, O, OK and Burkhardt said, well than I guess we got our answer.

The roughing was an egregiously bad call and the announcers agreed as they searched for an explanation on the review and found nothing.

People keep saying give Jones something team friendly like 22 - 25 million a year. He's gonna get paid and I hope its the Giants that pay him

The option for this year was 30 and they passed. That's going to be an expensive mistake. I'll bet if they had offered 6 years for 180 they could had him.

It was a false start.
Watching it mult times- he did jump but easy to see how it was missed. He want really that far in front of the snap and it just progressed super smooth.
There are a couple of time at real speed, where even looking for it, it almost just blended in.
But, these are the type of calls that get missed and are not judgement calls that refs can confer and change. I believe the RTP, they could have gotten together and picked up the flag.

Jones has played himself into a massive paycheck.

skol-vikings.gif

Gettleman said it was Shurmer who wanted Jones
Dexter was drafted in same first round
Love and Slayton from same draft

Gettleman said it was Shurmer who wanted Jones
Even if JONES turns out to be a HOF, how the eff does any GM leave that decision up to a life long position coach who went 14-34 in his first 3 years as a HC? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Glad that moron is gone.

Francesa loves Isaiah Hodgins - calls him a "keeper"
He says Jomes main asset is his legs (17 carries)

I like that Jones can run but I wish he wasn't so much of a runner
Jones has been getting nickname of "Vanilla Vic"
Look at Ravens - they lost in playoffs with injured Lamar Jackson on sidelines - and he's only 26.
The QBs who run a lot just dont last

Reactions: RU-05

Look at Ravens - they lost in playoffs with injured Lamar Jackson on sidelines - and he's only 26.

He runs when you need him to. All year he moves and “runs” to try to pass downfield. It’s playoffs. He can run 20 times if needed. This isn’t week three v. Carolina.

Ya i thought he was running a bit too much. Especially in the first half.

Hopefully when we get more competent receivers he won’t need to run as much.

I do think Francesca underrates his throwing ability.

Might be the slowest WR I've seen. But still not bad for a guy coming off the street back in November.
He’s not a burner but not especially slow imo. Our best receiver by far since he came aboard.

MF is about the worst person to listen to. And Jones has proven he can throw- imagine if She did drop that pass- those type of playoff numbers are not by luck.
He’s not a burner but not especially slow imo. Our best receiver by far since he came aboard.
Some really good to great NFL WR's were not the fastest and sort of came out of nowhere- just look at all the great NE years. They lived off of guys like that.

Although they have improved, a better pass blocking OL would reduce the need as well.

Reactions: Purple-Ed and RU-05
Some really good to great NFL WR's were not the fastest and sort of came out of nowhere- just look at all the great NE years. They lived off of guys like that.

Quickness (not pure straight line speed), cutting ability and finding the holes in the coverage.

Reactions: NickRU714

Jones took a hard forearm shot to the chin/head that was borderline dirty
Giants will need a good #2 because sooner or later a QB that runs a lot pays the piper
Jones' slides haven't always been things of beauty

Although they have improved, a better pass blocking OL would reduce the need as well.
If Neal takes a big step next year that would help for sure.

Maybe add an interior guy or two but progress from the highly touted rookie tackle is expected(to some extent) and doesn’t require a move.

Jones took a hard forearm shot to the chin/head that was borderline dirty
Giants will need a good #2 because sooner or later a QB that runs a lot pays the piper
Jones' slides haven't always been things of beauty
Ya forearm to the throat. Definitely some intent there.

Jones is tough but hopefully his smarts kick in a bit more. This year he, and the team, were in prove it mode, where him showing toughness was important. I think his maturation and the team improving around him will mean he will need not have to expose himself quite as much.

Reactions: koleszar

Jones is tough but hopefully his smarts kick in a bit more. This year he, and the team, were in prove it mode, where him showing toughness was important. I think his maturation and the team improving around him will mean he will need not have to expose himself quite as much.
I like this.👍

Smart comes after the 40mil per year..,plays like that one come when still trying to earn it…
Btw- Q sneak is the right call there so, that play happens regardless.

Interesting analysis of the Giants by Jason Gay in today's WSJ:

"The Giants are sometimes referred to as the New York Football Giants, a classy nod to a time when New York had itself a baseball club on the Polo Grounds, In recent years, it was also a helpful reminder for what sport the Giants are supposed to be playing, because they were bad, bad, bad - not NFL bad, but Jets bad."

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Any Giants fans confident tonight? The O line worries me like crazy. They have to play a perfect game to have a shot IMO

Huge part of game will be Lane Johnson and Hurts health.
They will get pressure , can Jones escape and get a few first downs with he feet

Interesting analysis of the Giants by Jason Gay in today's WSJ:

"The Giants are sometimes referred to as the New York Football Giants, a classy nod to a time when New York had itself a baseball club on the Polo Grounds, In recent years, it was also a helpful reminder for what sport the Giants are supposed to be playing, because they were bad, bad, bad - not NFL bad, but Jets bad."
When the NFL began in 1920, many teams would take the nickname of their MLB team in town. Besides the Giants, the Washington Commanders started their NFL life as the Boston Braves (who were in Boston at the time); the Pittsburgh Steelers were originally the Pittsburgh Pirates; George Halas took the name Chicago Bears inspired by the Chicago Cubs and the Detroit Lions were inspired by the Detroit Tigers. Defunct NFL teams include the Brooklyn Dodgers and Cincinnati Reds. But the NFL Cardinals were not named for the St. Louis baseball team. They were known as the Cardinals when they were in Chicago before moving to St. Louis and eventually Arizona.

Go Giants (the New York Football Giants that is) !

ADVERTISEMENT