ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Orange Bowl…

Well then that’s unfortunate..

I know it’s a different sport, but our fan base was up in arms last year when we missed the NCAA tourney.

I guarantee it would be 1000x worse if our undefeated football team…a doormat for decades, missed out. Silly to think otherwise
Can't really compare the two situations. With FSU, the committee was following the guidelines about an injured player. The NCAA Tournament Committee did not have that in their criteria, yet they cited it as a reason for leaving Rutgers out. You have to follow the rules that are in place when selecting teams. That's why we feel that we got screwed.

of course he would, he's just being a complete ass
in addition, not a single one of our players is projected to be drafted higher than any of the fsu guys that opted out. He's utterly clueless once again

you are spot on

As I said, I’d almost guarantee he would (not signaling him out..our fan base as a whole would do exactly what FSU did)

Again, we disagree. So be it…

And upon thinking about next year..same issues are gonna persist. The auto qualifiers…then the 7 at large teams.

These at large teams aren’t gonna be the 7 best, or the 7 most deserving. They’re gonna be the 7 that are best for business for espn (or whoever wins the rights).

An 8 team playoff with 6 auto bids, and then the 2 highest ranked via computer (aka bcs era)..was the way to go

That’s being a bit more mature too
A lost virtue on "social" media. One thing you said about FSUs ranking--- the ranking system based on the coaches poll and the writers is flawed. Seems every year the early season top 10 teams are much lower in rankings or not in the top 25.

A better ranking system would take into account strength of schedule.

Can't really compare the two situations. With FSU, the committee was following the guidelines about an injured player. The NCAA Tournament Committee did not have that in their criteria, yet they cited it as a reason for leaving Rutgers out. You have to follow the rules that are in place when selecting teams. That's why we feel that we got screwed.

Why did the committee keep FSU in the top 4 the 2 weeks after they lost their qb..if the reason they weren’t in the final 4 is cause they lost their qb?

Would be a lot more believable and easier on fsu if ok..they lost their qb, so the next week they were out:..but it didn’t work that way

FSU PUBLICLY dumped on their own conference mates, their future conference mates, released an entire report saying why they deserve the world and not SMU, Rutgers, and Maryland, … now they get what they had coming. No one wants you. Enjoy rotting in the ACC. Embarrassment headcase school that’s not worth the trouble
See you in the B1G by 2025/2026
You're welcome for the additional revenue

If we went 13-0 with a bunch of ranked wins..I guarantee you’d feel differently
Of course he would Mike
But you're talking to the resident board grouch
Now that he's mad at JDS, he'll forever loathe the Noles
Even when we're conference brethren in a few years

100% and most with any common sense knew this which is why all the bluster regarding FSU is utterly ridiculous

won't matter, they'll be in the BIG soon enough
Rough one last night 95
But I heard the same re. the B1G
Looking forward to some fun tailgating in Pway

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Quick summation before boarding the flight back home

No excuses.. Opt outs or not, the game is played on the field
UGA is by far the best team in the nation, and was highly motivated

23 guys weren't available
Trav, Tate, Wilson, Coleman, Verse, Benson, Toafilli, Fiske, Lundy, Bell

UGA is winning that game regardless though
Stacked head to toe, built through recruiting

Kirby has built a monster in Athens
Depth and talent for days

Here's what I'll say

Outcomes matter
That's why we play the games

Full strength, it's a 2 score game

Not going to go into the semantics of if so and so played, it'd be different
They didn't play, UGA's guys did, and they handled business

Re. not playing, it's disappointing but I get it
I flew down expecting to see a compeitive showing

When people are in the kids ears saying don't play b/c $$, and you see what happened to Trav, like it or not, it's the right move

I'd like to say if I had a son i'd want him to play, but $$ talks and they're not risking it for what is largely considered an inconsequential bowl game

I don't think it's inconsequential. I wanted to win. Wanted to see the boys play. Wanted to line up vs. UGA, man for man and see how we stacked up against the biggest bully on the block

It wasn't meant to be though
Unfortunately that's the new wave of college FB

Hoping it can get fixed b/c if not, you'll have terrible attendance and ratings

Reactions: RURollShot
The argument for a more expanded playoffs is Georgia, not FSU.
I said this from the get-go. Georgia is the one that got screwed. What they lose like one game out of their last 34 or something like that ? FSU plays in a terrible conference and that fact got exposed last night. Georgia had 18 opt-outs so whine more FSU.

I said this from the get-go. Georgia is the one that got screwed. What they lose like one game out of their last 34 or something like that ? FSU plays in a terrible conference and that fact got exposed last night. Georgia had 18 opt-outs so whine more FSU.

Georgias own coach acknowledged after the game that it truly wasn’t a real game with all the fsu opt outs.

Quick summation before boarding the flight back home

No excuses.. Opt outs or not, the game is played on the field
UGA is by far the best team in the nation, and was highly motivated

23 guys weren't available
Trav, Tate, Wilson, Coleman, Verse, Benson, Toafilli, Fiske, Lundy, Bell

UGA is winning that game regardless though
Stacked head to toe, built through recruiting

Kirby has built a monster in Athens
Depth and talent for days

Here's what I'll say

Outcomes matter
That's why we play the games

Full strength, it's a 2 score game

Not going to go into the semantics of if so and so played, it'd be different
They didn't play, UGA's guys did, and they handled business

Re. not playing, it's disappointing but I get it
I flew down expecting to see a compeitive showing

When people are in the kids ears saying don't play b/c $$, and you see what happened to Trav, like it or not, it's the right move

I'd like to say if I had a son i'd want him to play, but $$ talks and they're not risking it for what is largely considered an inconsequential bowl game

I don't think it's inconsequential. I wanted to win. Wanted to see the boys play. Wanted to line up vs. UGA, man for man and see how we stacked up against the biggest bully on the block

It wasn't meant to be though
Unfortunately that's the new wave of college FB

Hoping it can get fixed b/c if not, you'll have terrible attendance and ratings
I don't accept the premise UGA is by far the best team in the country. They lost to Bama 1 game ago and Bama was the better team that day. I'm expecting Bama to lose to Michigan which would really put a wrinkle in any "UGA is #1" argument.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Huge chunk FSU’s roster isn’t playin

Anyone making an argument FSU didn’t deserve a playoff bid because of this game is just being silly

Can't say I totally agree with you on this point.

FSU talks about how great their recruiting is and how they get many Rival 5/4 star players.

So when one Rival 5/4 star player opts out, you replace them with another Rival 5/4 star player.

Players opting of Bowl Games is common. Kenny Pickett (NFL 1st Round draft) opted out of Pitt's Bowl game and we had to go with our back up QB.

Georgia players decided to play in the Bowl Game and FSU players decided to opt out.

They made their choice.

Georgia 63 and FSU 3 does not say a lot about their back up Rival 5/4 star players.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
I said this from the get-go. Georgia is the one that got screwed. What they lose like one game out of their last 34 or something like that ? FSU plays in a terrible conference and that fact got exposed last night. Georgia had 18 opt-outs so whine more FSU
What does previous years have to do with anything?? They got beat in their conference championship game. The 4 playoff teams won their conference games.

Can't say I totally agree with you on this point.

FSU talks about how great their recruiting is and how they get many Rival 5/4 star players.

So when one Rival 5/4 star player opts out, you replace them with another Rival 5/4 star player.

Players opting of Bowl Games is common. Kenny Pickett (NFL 1st Round draft) opted out of Pitt's Bowl game and we had to go with our back up QB.

Georgia players decided to play in the Bowl Game and FSU players decided to opt out.

They made their choice.

Georgia 63 and FSU 3 does not say a lot about their back up Rival 5/4 star players.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I mean even Kirby smart says their opt outs obviously effected their game.

Agree…all teams have opt outs. But the opt outs FSU had were extreme

I’m glad FSU had all the opt outs. Why should ESPN be given a quality game to show after what they did to FSU to keep them out of the playoff.

Anyone who thinks FSU players were somehow obligated to play in this game after going 13-0 and then being told all you accomplished means nothing because the SEC has to get in needs to get their head examined.

Read that Georgia had easiest SEC schedule and OOC was not good. Bama played Texas.

I mean even Kirby smart says their opt outs obviously effected their game.

Agree…all teams have opt outs. But the opt outs FSU had were extreme

Again it was FSU players choice not to play.

If the NC selection committee (4 teams)would have remained in effect, how should they decide the 4 teams who should be included.

Should the NCAA deciding committee send a census around around asking each team how many opt out players there are going to be so they can decide which teams have the most players committing to play before extending an invite.

Luckily, the 12 team NC rule will eliminate the above mentioned issues.

Have no sympathy for FSU or crying about the outcome of the game.

FSU (Rival 5/4 star back up players) had a month to prepare for the game.

Georgia 63 and FSU 3 is a humiliation they brought on themselves with their performance (FSU will go down in history as having lost the Orange Bowl Game by the most lop sided score).

No excuses.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

More like FSU clowned themselves

You know you’ve sucessfully mind ****ed someone when there’s 3 page thread on FSU with one guy part making a majority of the posts, yet is too chicken shit to respond back as his previous posts were called out for their inaccuracy and overall lunacy.

I’ll take “Rent Free” for $100, Alex

Again it FSU players choice not to play.

If the NC selection committee (4 teams)would have remained in effect, how should they decide the 4 teams who should be included.

Should the NCAA deciding committee send a census around around asking each team how many opt out players there are going to be so they can decide which teams have the most players committing to play before extending an invite.

Georgia 63 and FSU 3 is a humiliation they brought on themselves with their performance (FSU will go down in history as having lost the Orange Bowl Game by the most lop sided score).

No excuses.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

There should never have been a committee. Use a formula. Have auto bids. It’s not hard.

Again it FSU players choice not to play.

No excuses.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
You know Pitts not going to the SEC or B1G right?

What was the last last time they even played in the major bowl game?

How much rent do you guys pay the Steelers?

Pitt is a has been program that will never be revalent again in our lifetimes

There should never have been a committee. Use a formula. Have auto bids. It’s not hard.

A 12 team playoff with the committee still deciding half of the teams isn’t gonna solve the above issues, btw.
will still chose the teams “best for business”…ala an “invitational”..

You know Pitts not going to the SEC or B1G right?

What was the last last time they even played in the major bowl game?

How much rent do you guys pay the Steelers?

Pitt is a has been program that will never be revalent again in our lifetimes

Pitt has a great football history.

At this time Pitt has participated in 37 Bowl Games.

Pitt even played Georgia in 2 different Sugar Bowl Games with Pitt winning both (Pitt 27 Georgia 3 and Pitt 24 Georgia 20).

Since the AP Poll was established Pitt has won 2 National Championships and has had a Heisman Award Winning Player.

Actually, last year Pitt beat UCLA in the Sun Bowl with our Back up QB.

Pitt has 10 former Pitt Panthers admitted into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame with Darrelle Revis admitted in 2023.

Actually, this is a big accomplishment compared to other schools that have NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame former players. (Notre Dame 14, USC 14, Michigan 11, Pitt 10, Ohio State 10, Miami 9, Alabama 8, Penn State 6, Florida State 5).

The ACC will remain as a P4 Conference whether FSU or a few others go.

Pitt has a very favorable financial agreement with the Pittsburgh Stadium Authority who has the Steelers and Pitt as tenants. By the way, I really like my club seats.

What I don't understand is when a person from another board comes over to participate in a topic discussion and is not condescending, another board member wants to attack the visiting board members team.

Although, you are free to do it.

All I will say is that I hope Rutgers in the future will be able to achieve all the accomplishments that Pitt has already achieved.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemarc1

Pitt even played Georgia in 2 different Sugar Bowl Games with Pitt winning both (Pitt 27 Georgia 3 and Pitt 24 Georgia 20).

Since the AP Poll was established Pitt has won 2 National Championships and has had a Heisman Award Winning Player.

Pitt has 10 former Pitt Panthers admitted into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame with Darrelle Revis admitted in 2023.

Actually, this is a big accomplishment compared to other schools that have NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame former players. (Notre Dame 14, USC 14, Michigan 11, Pitt 10, Ohio State 10, Miami 9, Alabama 8, Penn State 6, Florida State 5).

Pitt has a very favorable financial agreement with the Pittsburgh Stadium Authority who has the Steelers and Pitt as tenants. By the way, I really like my club seats.

What I don't understand is when a person from another board comes over to participate in a topic discussion and is not condescending, another board member wants to attack the visiting board members team.

All I will say is that I hope Rutgers in the future will be able to achieve all the accomplishments that Pitt has already achieved.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
You’re free to come over the board, but you initially talked smack on the Noles

I have no problem w Pitt, but the fact remains they’ll land in the b12 and never be revalent again in our lifetimes

Great history, hall of famets etc all true
Army, Minnesota, cal etc all say hello

Like Pitt, none are relavent college fb wise anymore (Army is special though in that they’re a military academy and cadets go and fight to protect us - those kids r true hero’s)

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I'd take a fictional all-time Pitt team against almost any other school. Marino to Larry Fitz. Aaron Donald with the pressure and Revis with the pick.

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
Norvell won’t be there in 3 years. Prepare Seminoles it’s PRIMETIME!
Nah Mike isn’t going anywhere

Recruiting is starting to roll, NIL is solid and Wel be out of the ACC in 2-3 years

No shot Deion comes in either
Like literally, zero chance

I'd take a fictional all-time Pitt team against almost any other school. Marino to Larry Fitz. Aaron Donald with the pressure and Revis with the pick.

Your mentioning of Pitt WR Larry Fitzgerald was timely.

On January 8, Larry was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

His induction now gives Pitt 25 former players who are members of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Believe in the future he will also be selected into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Your mentioning of Pitt WR Larry Fitzgerald was timely.

On January 8, Larry was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

His induction now gives Pitt 25 former players who are members of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Believe in the future he will also be selected into the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
definitely had a some great players and teams

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT