ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Orange Bowl…

bowls are meaningless exhibitions…

Maybe play them in the beginning of the season so they mean something?

bowls are meaningless exhibitions…

Maybe play them in the beginning of the season so they mean something?
Better programs do but they aren’t called bowls. 4 team playoff makes every game an elimination game. Just ask Ohio State and Georgia.

Better programs do but they aren’t called bowls. 4 team playoff makes every game an elimination game. Just ask Ohio State and Georgia.

Why wasn’t Alabama’s loss to Texas an elimination game?

This “every game counts” BS is just that….BS

Reactions: RUTGERS95

The teams that don’t make the playoff should open up next season with their bowl opponent. You’d have very few if any opt outs

Why wasn’t Alabama’s loss to Texas an elimination game?

This “every game counts” BS is just that….BS
If Alabama lost to any other team but Texas, Florida State gets in ahead of Texas. It was terrible luck for FSU for Texas to play Alabama and win.

The SEC champ gets in by beating 12-0 UGA, therefore only Texas had to get in also.

If Alabama lost to any other team but Texas, Florida State gets in ahead of Texas. It was terrible luck for FSU for Texas to play Alabama and win.

The SEC champ gets in by beating 12-0 UGA, therefore only Texas had to get in also.

So you were incorrect saying “every game is an elimination game”?

Well then that’s unfortunate..

I know it’s a different sport, but our fan base was up in arms last year when we missed the NCAA tourney.

I guarantee it would be 1000x worse if our undefeated football team…a doormat for decades, missed out. Silly to think otherwise
Maybe I did not understand the point you were trying to make. I don't understand the mentality of all the FSU players who opted out. Seems their Coach fomented thisibe and approves their checking out.

Life lesson... Quitters dont win

Reactions: bac2therac
Maybe I did not understand the point you were trying to make. I don't understand the mentality of all the FSU players who opted out. Seems their Coach fomented thisibe and approves their checking out.

Life lesson... Quitters dont win

Cause the committee told them wins don’t matter without a starting QB.

That exactly the lesson the the committee told them..

Their last 3 wins, without their QB..were meaningless.

So why play an exhibition that’s meaningless in itself??

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Don’t think so. 2 losses and you’re out, even if SEC champ.

A 2 loss Sec champ gets in over a 1 loss champ of any other conference, almost guaranteed…

Luckily we won’t have to debate this anymore

Cause the committee told them wins don’t matter without a starting QB.

That exactly the lesson the the committee told them..

Their last 3 wins, without their QB..were meaningless.

So why play an exhibition that’s meaningless in itself??
Wouldn't the same logic applied if they were picked over Alabama? They had no chance of winning in the CFP. Alabama had a much more impressive resume of quality wins. Did the CFP rules state that an undefeated P5 team that won their championship was guaranteed a slot?

Wouldn't the same logic applied if they were picked over Alabama? They had no chance of winning in the CFP. Alabama had a much more impressive resume of quality wins. Did the CFP rules state that an undefeated P5 team that won their championship was guaranteed a slot?

Every game matters? No?

Alabama’s reasoning would be cause they lost to Texas. Pretty easy…

Unless every game doesn’t matter???????????

Reactions: mdk01
Every game matters? No?

Alabama’s reasoning would be cause they lost to Texas. Pretty easy…

Unless every game doesn’t matter???????????
I think we are talking past each other, and short of a live discussion, I don't think we will see eye to eye. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. There is some merit to what you are saying. The bigger problem for FSU in addition to the QB issue is their schedule was weak. We can scream that's not fair, but fair is in the eye of the beholder.

All games are not equal, especially for ACC teams. This is an interesting debate. For the record, my initial reaction when they named the 4 CFP teams was FSU got screwed, but on further reflection, I concluded that Alabama was more worthy.

As to how FSU, their HC and players handled it, they came off as whiny children.

I think we are talking past each other, and short of a live discussion, I don't think we will see eye to eye. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. There is some merit to what you are saying. The bigger problem for FSU in addition to the QB issue is their schedule was weak. We can scream that's not fair, but fair is in the eye of the beholder.

All games are not equal, especially for ACC teams. This is an interesting debate. For the record, my initial reaction when they named the 4 CFP teams was FSU got screwed, but on further reflection, I concluded that Alabama was more worthy.

As to how FSU, their HC and players handled it, they came off as whiny children.

If the argument is FSU had a weak schedule…they shouldn’t have been top 4 in the weeks leading up to the final rankings. If anything their schedule got tougher the last 2 weeks..yet they dropped. Makes zero sense.

We certainly aren’t gonna agree..and agreeing won’t change anything anyway.

I think the CFP was ALWAYS been about business and the 4 teams are chosen not by who’s best, but by who’s most deserving, but by who willl bring in the most cash. It’s 1000% an “invitational”

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well then that’s unfortunate..

I know it’s a different sport, but our fan base was up in arms last year when we missed the NCAA tourney.

I guarantee it would be 1000x worse if our undefeated football team…a doormat for decades, missed out. Silly to think otherwise
of course he would, he's just being a complete ass
in addition, not a single one of our players is projected to be drafted higher than any of the fsu guys that opted out. He's utterly clueless once again

you are spot on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT