ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 CFB TV ratings

rutgersguy1

Hall of Famer
Dec 17, 2008
Sportsmediawatch hasn't put out those easy to read green tables yet (don't know if they will this year) but the article mentions some of the ratings for BTN/FS1 etc... Didn't see the RU/Howard game mentioned. Good opening week for Disney.

Edit: they posted it later than usual but those tables are available again

Last edited:
Sportsmediawatch hasn't put out those easy to read green tables yet (don't know if they will this year) but the article mentions some of the ratings for BTN/FS1 etc... Didn't see the RU/Howard game mentioned. Good opening week for Disney.

Rutgers was up against Deion and Colorado which is probably all they cared about on Thursday.

After ABC/ESPN had ratings wins last week for each game of their triple header, I’m thinking they will be fortunate if they can pull out a win in just the nighttime window this week.

weeks01.png

Edit might not have it all season but anyhow while it’s here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagleton96
Reactions: Fat Koko
Does anyone else think Rutgers' and Maryland's viewing numbers kind of shoot a hole in the "we bring the NYC and DC markets?"

FFS, FIU/Indiana brought more viewers, Illinois State/Iowa doubled our numbers and FAU/Michigan State nearly tripled our numbers.

Not really. Look at what MD - UCONN was up against on Saturday at noon. And Rutgers was a Thursday night during baseball season. Besides, I doubt UCONN and Howard brought many eyeballs. Are there any college teams people in Connecticut care about other than UCONN hoops, men and women?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Does anyone else think Rutgers' and Maryland's viewing numbers kind of shoot a hole in the "we bring the NYC and DC markets?"

FFS, FIU/Indiana brought more viewers, Illinois State/Iowa doubled our numbers and FAU/Michigan State nearly tripled our numbers.
MSU game was on Friday. The other games were combined figure I think of two games that’s why listed as regional matchups.

The window you’re in, the channel you’re on and the competition in that same window makes a difference. Even PSU’s game lost viewers because of the long weather delay. Nebraska being pushed to FS2 temporarily probably affected that too. So a bunch of variables can affect it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'll update every once or twice before the end of the season for a final one... since people will be able to see week on week and compare. but figured i would show... hopefully better numbers this year.

It was a Thursday night and a MEAC team. Most people never heard of Howard.
The numbers were not bad at all considering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT