ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Little Help Please

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I've mentioned more then once I am extremely technology challenged. Copy machines still amaze me.
In the old days I'd click COPY on a picture and then PASTE on the thread. Now that doesn't work. How do I post a picture now?
Sorry for the ignorance

I've mentioned more then once I am extremely technology challenged. Copy machines still amaze me.
In the old days I'd click COPY on a picture and then PASTE on the thread. Now that doesn't work. How do I post a picture now?
Sorry for the ignorance
@Jm0513

Reactions: Jm0513
I’ve noticed at work we have updated to Microsoft Edge and now I can just copy and paste stuff now.

But I have also noticed on my iPhone I can’t use the tool bar thingy...like to make something bold or imbed an image or video.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I don't know what is going on..I can't @ someone, backspace, change the font, post my usually 13 emojis or anything else without hitting that little bolt looking symbol.(which is a keyboard icon..I think??)
@RutHut who posts your beer pix??
Anyway, @colbert17
are you using a phone or laptop? On my phone I use IMGUR. Which is an app that I upload my images to. Then I copy the URL over here to the little picture icon above.
It's frustrating.
Edit-Gear**(not bolt) emblem and I think it's for settings. Still not sure.

Last edited:
I havent posted a picture in years since the change. If I have a photo on my camera that I want to put into a post but not put in a public "album" I cant do it.

I don't know what is going on..I can't @ someone, backspace, change the font, post my usually 13 emojis or anything else without hitting that little bolt looking symbol.(which is a keyboard icon..I think??)
Anyway, @colbert17
are you using a phone or laptop? On my phone I use IMGUR. Which is an app that I upload my images to. Then I copy the URL over here to the little picture icon above.
It's frustrating.

Using a laptop.

Test

And I think it looks more like a gear or sprocket than a bolt.

Try clicking the gear/sprocket, @colbert17 and see if you can then use the photo icon thing.

Sorry for the ignorance

Anyway, @colbert17
It's frustrating.
Edit-Gear**(not bolt) emblem and I think it's for settings. Still not sure.

@colbert17 - here's a suggestion. Place your laptop on a copy machine, press COPY. Then Scan the copy into the copy machine. Send it to @Jm0513 in any e-mail, and she will post the photo for you. [roll]

Did you try "copy image address" or "copy image location" and post that into the "insert image" window when you click on the mountain picture.

If you are using Firefox, you may need to install updates and restart your browser.

To be excruciatingly specific, click right on the picture you want to "copy," but as KS says, select "copy image address" (which puts the image address in temporary memory), then click the stupid mountain sunset icon for insert image and when the dialog box pops up, just paste what's in temporary memory on your clipboard into the box (Ctrl-V, my most used keyboard shortcut, lol). How requiring three steps to paste an image into a post, when it used to take one step, is "progress" is beyond me.

pc.jpg

None of my Sons are willing to help me with "issues" of how to use either a cell phone or a computer.

I have the ability to turn it on and it turns itself off after I leave so that is good.

Why would you want to use the phone to take a picture when you have a camera ?

Sorry for the ignorance

I'm also technology challenged. Try this. It may not work, but it feels so good when you get frustrated.

giphy.gif

I'm also technology challenged. Try this. It may not work, but it feels so good when you get frustrated.

giphy.gif
I made up a few new curse words earlier while on the laptop. BTW- are there any places that have horseback riding by you? My dad said he'd check but never did. I've seen the horses down the road from my parents but not sure they offer riding.

Reactions: koleszar
I made up a few new curse words earlier while on the laptop. BTW- are there any places that have horseback riding by you? My dad said he'd check but never did. I've seen the horses down the road from my parents but not sure they offer riding.
My wife is actually just getting back into riding after an 8 yr. absence . She went to New Egypt for lessons it's called Handy Acres. She liked the women who retrained her. It's just a family owned farm so no Show Jumping Princesses prancing around and laid back. I believe they do trail riding as well..

Laptop, phone, gaming system, or anything remotely tech involved and I'm lost. If it wasn't for one of my kid's tutorials It'd all be sitting somewhere collecting dust.

It's a never ending source of amusement for them.

I'm being trained how to sign up for the virtual learning up here West of West Point.

My 7 yr old Grandson is the one teaching me so I'm able to sign on my 5 yr old Grandson.

Never mind, my 5 yr old knows how to do it and told me to "relax Pops, I've got it."

Reactions: knightfan7
Did you try "copy image address" or "copy image location" and post that into the "insert image" window when you click on the mountain picture.
It worked!!!!!
Thanks Shifty!!!!
I know not everyone from here visits but there was a pretty good tutorial on tMB on the new changes and how to use them.

And agree with @RU848789 that adding extra steps doesn’t seem like progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT