ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Advice for RU Grad Headed To Columbia

Question for Mr .NYC is pretty safe. In whose world ? Are you a male or female ? This parent is concerned for his daughter’s safety nothing wrong with that. Danger is now a fact of life… anywhere in this country. Easy for someone who is void of parental concerns I imagine that may be you. To the dad posting . Can’t live in fear . Just tell your daughter to avoid being in vulnerable places and situations . Head on a swivel at all times . Rumor has it Alvin Bragg is doing a great job keeping career criminals safe from incarceration.
Keep your right wing bull shit to yourself.

Keep your right wing bull shit to yourself.
Right Wing BS? First you realize how far behind you are with clapping back at the post? Pretty dumb number one. Number 2 talk to most NYC police officers and detectives. I do since I know 3 or 4 serving in Bronx, Brooklyn. Oh BTW : Did I mention …you ‘re plain ignorant.

Right Wing BS? First you realize how far behind you are with clapping back at the post? Pretty dumb number one. Number 2 talk to most NYC police officers and detectives. I do since I know 3 or 4 serving in Bronx, Brooklyn. Oh BTW : Did I mention …you ‘re plain ignorant.

You didn’t bring in politics either.

To a mental midget like dad, if you want to improve public safety , they call you names

Can’t stand when people have their head up their arse about safety and make believe a place is safe when it’s not. These are the same people strolling into Mexico when the government advises against it. NYC is a place you have to be careful with on the streets and in the subway etc.
I am pretty sure you are the person that has his head up his Arese. My daughter has lived in the city for 8 years now. She lives in Battery Park City and works up in the upper East side, subway ride. She goes to many Rangers games , concerts , friends in Brooklyn and JC. ( all sisters from her RU Sorority )

She works out on the Battery Park greenway. Have you ever walked that ? Please do and tell me if you feel safe or not. Your outlook might change. Want to go to dinner , ton of them in SoHO and Financial District. Want to go to the mall , you have Brookfield Place. Want to picnic on the greenway and overlook the Marina?

Public High School? How about Stuyvesant HS, rated one of the best in the nation.

Admittedly, are there parts of NYC that are not as safe, of course. But that is true of any large city anywhere in the world. But your comment that NYC is a place you have to careful with should have a caveat of "certain parts ". I could point out other neighborhoods of NYC that are just as nice and of course certain areas you need to be careful

Funny : I guess he missed Bruce Beck of NBC getting robbed By those 2 thugs.
that can happen anywhere, most of the time goes unnoticed by the public.
Many whine about a city being a hot spot for crime.
Most are going by what they hear from those that really don't know and share their thoughts without finding out if true or not.
Political agendas sometimes has misinformation about people and places
spread and beloved by the uninformed .
Here's what I found doing a quick google:
Is New York City Safe to Visit in 2023? | Safety Tips
>If you look at a graph comparing New York to the rest of the United States, you’ll notice that crime in the United States is increasing while New York’s crime has predominantly been decreasing. <
https://travellersworldwide.com/is-new-york-city-safe/

I've had some nice times in Columbia.. Plan a visit to Medellin. Beautiful place, good food, and meet you a few of them gorgeous Venezuelan women 😉

• Haha
Reactions: njxchange
Most are going by what they hear from those that really don't know and share their thoughts without finding out if true or not.
>If you look at a graph comparing New York to the rest of the United States, you’ll notice that crime in the United States is increasing while New York’s crime has predominantly been decreasing. <
Of course it could and some of us get it. But when a poster calls me a “Right Winger “ he shows how F’ing stupid and biased he is. As I said …. if you speak to those cops who actually work in the boro’s of NYC ( all ethnicities) he would realize his stupidity … Maybe? Nobody is saying the crime rate is way out of control … but it is … 80% of the US population has said as much.

Of course it could and some of us get it. But when a poster calls me a “Right Winger “ he shows how F’ing stupid and biased he is. As I said …. if you speak to those cops who actually work in the boro’s of NYC ( all ethnicities) he would realize his stupidity … Maybe? Nobody is saying the crime rate is way out of control … but it is … 80% of the US population has said as much.
Who unnecessarily brought up Alvin Bragg & criminals, etc. So you're not a righty?

Who unnecessarily brought up Alvin Bragg & criminals, etc. So you're not a righty?
No I just see a true biased far side southpaw 😊

I don’t believe letting criminals who commit robbery, assaults, rape and any physical violation of another out with a free card. If you have an issue with that thinking you’re part of the problem . When you someday become a statistic of crime you’ll change your tune and quick.

I don’t believe letting criminals who commit robbery, assaults, rape and any physical violation of another out with a free card. If you have an issue with that thinking you’re part of the problem . When you someday become a statistic of crime you’ll change your tune and quick.
So again who unnecessarily brought up Alvin Bragg? You can shake & dance all you want but the last drop will still go in your pants. Glad to know you don't consider yourself a righty. You only parrot all their BS.

So again who unnecessarily brought up Alvin Bragg? You can shake & dance all you want but the last drop will still go in your pants. Glad to know you don't consider yourself a righty. You only parrot all their BS.
And you are a supporter of Bragg the DA Marxist to the n th degree… It has nothing to do with anyone’s political leanings. I just don’t like his jeopardizing innocent citizens of NYC. And so you are a lefty ? You suckle from the tete of the worst administration since Jimmy Carter.

My oldest daughter's graduating from RU next month and will be starting grad school at Columbia U in the fall. As her dad, safety is at the top of my list of concerns. Can any of you, who either went to school there, live(d) near there, or has connections to the school or area offer any advice? She's applied for university housing, which I understand is in short supply so we're also trying to explore other housing options in the area, like Morningside Heights. Any pointers to help her get through her time there safely and happily are appreciated.

are there any privately owned student housing campus adjacent options which would be full of students versus mixed housing?

been living in Manhattan since 1999, and now live in UES. My neighbors and I speak about how it has gotten really bad lately. Most people who have lived here for a long time agrees, they have never felt these uneased. It's not what it used to be... It doesn't mean I am next in line to get attacked however I no longer have that safe feeling when walking around and more aware of my surroundings like never before.

Reactions: RUBOB72
What actually does left - right mean in reality. We have been a two party system for as long as I can remember. One thing I can admit I have never based my vote strictly on a party affiliation. I have voted both sides since forever. Can you say the same? You and several others here reacted for 7-8 years now that all who voted for an R or don’t follow your way of thinking are the bad guys. I feel sorry for you. Can you say that you have voted in different elections for different party affiliations? My guess … no.

been living in Manhattan since 1999, and now live in UES. My neighbors and I speak about how it has gotten really bad lately. Most people who have lived here for a long time agrees, they have never felt these uneased. It's not what it used to be... It doesn't mean I am next in line to get attacked however I no longer have that safe feeling when walking around and more aware of my surroundings like never before.
Those of us who own places in the city agree and you don't have to be a Maga to know the city in just 3 or 4 years feels and is less safe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT