ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alabama

Yeah, I’m sure he had no idea 😂
he gave someone the gun requested who handed it to someone who immediately used it to hill a young mother.
The person Miller handed the gun to was charged with being an accessory the crime.
I believe in some states:
> Being an accessory to a crime means that you helped the principal offender either commit a crime or get away with a crime. It is a very serious criminal offense. It is not necessary to plan in advance to be considered an accessory.<
So someone can nit pick your saying "The part where he gave someone his gun who then murdered someone with it." and be right , but the message you posted was very close to what happened.
Just like the accessory explanation I posted seems not to be the way Alabama sees Miller's action, but considers the person handed the gun by Miller an accessory to a murder.

If you intentionally drive a gun to someone who is requesting it and they grab it from the car vs you picking up the gun from the car and handing it to them how is that any different? Who cares if he physically touched it or not?
It seems like he gave the gun to a guy (the gun owner) who gave it to another guy who committed the murder. If having the gun in his car isn’t a crime in Alabama, I’m not really sure what else you would want to charge him with unless there’s some evidence he was in on and anticipating this chain of events.

If you intentionally drive a gun to someone who is requesting it and they grab it from the car vs you picking up the gun from the car and handing it to them how is that any different? Who cares if he physically touched it or not?
From everything I've read, it would be a significant different for Miller if he handed the gun to the shooter (Davis) instead of Davis or even Miles, who owned the gun, came over to Miller's car and took it out of his car. I have not seen an explanation why.

Who cares if he physically touched it or not?

Good question. It's possible that, under Alabama law, that Miller might have broken some law if he handled the gun. I texted someone about this, but I haven't received an answer yet.

I personally think that the kid made a stupid decision but at this point he appears not to have broken any Alabama laws.

WTF? I'm a little unclear why you are being hostile and angry in responding to me other than the fact that you're not able to read. I think the kid should have had ramifications and I think the laws in Alabama as well as the lax rules in Alabama University are f'd up and allowing him to slide.

Still not sure why you mentioned China other than your feelings on Lebron or the NBA. You're the one who carries a concealed weapon around not me. I can live with the fact that I will never shoot an innocent person....can you say the same when you choose to be armed and always have the potential, however slight it might be to use that weapon and kill an innocent with a stray bullet.
Get a grip.
No hostility towards you personally from me. I have no idea who you are. I'll have to re-read my post and see where the indignation comes from. Again,
I mentioned NBA, China and LeBron as examples of people overlooking awful shit for money. Pretty simple concept I think.
Can't help you with your unfounded fears of things about which you have no conception.
Wish you well

Reactions: MADHAT1
Hey- we had a MBB coach throws basketballs at players…and it led to MBB and AD being fired…
And a football coach try to arrange xtra credit for a player…NCAA scandals 😳
Yes we did - and they paid the price. You realized you just reinforced my point you genius.

Oh and another thing: let me remind you this was PRE-MEDITATED MURDER. Get some friggin perspective.

Really? How so?
"This would be hilarious if Miller actually shot someone with a gun or even handed the gun to the shooter. That way you could make an 'assist' joke. But thus far, the evidence indicates that Miller did neither."

Sounds pretty off the wall and insensitive.

Maybe it's just me🤔

"This would be hilarious if Miller actually shot someone with a gun or even handed the gun to the shooter. That way you could make an 'assist' joke. But thus far, the evidence indicates that Miller did neither."

Sounds pretty off the wall and insensitive.

Maybe it's just me🤔
Someone was being snarky about a serious situation so I replied in kind.

Yes we did - and they paid the price. You realized you just reinforced my point you genius.

Oh and another thing: let me remind you this was PRE-MEDITATED MURDER. Get some friggin perspective.
Wait, I wanna be sure that I understand the second part of your post.

Are you saying that Davis planned beforehand to kill Jamea Harris?

Same page- check my little guys face at the end of the post- sarcasm.

Not sure how bringing a gun to someone that is then immediately used in a murder is not some kind of crime.

Regardless, terrible look for Nate Oats to basically shrug it off like it's nothing
Why because in states like Alabama giving someone a gun is like someone giving someone a cigarette in NJ both can kill you.

@dontestrond You may have some insight and I've always have respected your posts on the FB board. What's going on in Bama land?
It’s an unfortunate situation. If it was the football program, it would get more attention but we don’t care bout basketball down here. It’s a very bad situation.

Texas A&M 67, Alabama 61
Miller 2-12 on three-point attempts....not much of a shooter I guess.

Texas A&M 67, Alabama 61
But he did have 2 assists...

Interesting game. Neither team shot very well from the floor (Alabama 33.8%, A&M 34%) or from 3PT (Alabama 7-36, A&M 4-16)... But foul shots were a different story... A&M's starters were 26 for 26 from the line, and the team made 27 of 28. Alabama's starters were 7 for 7 from the line, and the team shot 10-11. Not bad.....

But he did have 2 assists...

Interesting game. Neither team shot very well from the floor (Alabama 33.8%, A&M 34%) or from 3PT (Alabama 7-36, A&M 4-16)... But foul shots were a different story... A&M's starters were 26 for 26 from the line, and the team made 27 of 28. Alabama's starters were 7 for 7 from the line, and the team shot 10-11. Not bad.....
Alabama took 36 threes ?
Is that a new record for a team ?

Texas A&M 67, Alabama 61
He made two more shots than he made on Jan. 15. Seeing how he did not shoot anyone.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a bad joke.

made two more shots than he made on Jan. 15. Seeing how he did not shoot anyone.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a bad joke.
Huh ?
Are you his agent or something ?
I only posted about the guy's BASKETBALL shooting.
I never said a word about his involvement in that woman's murder.

Last edited:
Huh ?
Are you his agent or something ?
I only posted about the guy's BASKETBALL shooting.
I never said a word about his involvement in that woman's murder.
Then you're still off.

Miller is 45.8% from the field, 40.1% on 3FG and 85.7% from the free throw line.

SEC Freshman of the Year and SEC Player of the Year.

Miller tonight 3 for 19 from the floor. I for 11 from three.
He's not much of a shooter after all.
Yea he had a groin issue per that pos oats. Eventually everyone pays the price 😎. Miller paid a little sooner than expected.

Miller tonight 3 for 19 from the floor. I for 11 from three.
He's not much of a shooter after all.

He's a good enough shooter to likepy be the #3 NBA draft pick at worst and potentially #2 overall pick (didn't realize how short Scoot Henderson is).

So, so happy SDSU took Bama apart and made Miller look terrible - that POS did not deserve to be on a title winning team and Bama didn't deserve to win a title with him playing. I might hate Bama more than ND now, lol.
I get what you are saying. I had read early on that he was a very helpful witness, and it's possible maybe he really didn't know enough about what was going down to be morally culpable. It's a stretch but conceivable. None of that excuses the complete lack of response by the school or the coaching staff.

As someone here pointed out even Saban said wrong place wrong time is meaningless regarding one of his 5 star players.

Reactions: RU848789
He's a good enough shooter to likepy be the #3 NBA draft pick at worst and potentially #2 overall pick (didn't realize how short Scoot Henderson is).

This guy seems to have pretty accurate NBA draft posts.
Brandon Miller ends up going #2 overall despite everything that went on during the year.

Season 6 Pats Self On Back GIF by Friends

Reactions: MiloTalon13
This guy seems to have pretty accurate NBA draft posts.
Brandon Miller ends up going #2 overall despite everything that went on during the year.

Season 6 Pats Self On Back GIF by Friends
Kid got mixed up in a situation that ended tragically. Despite what happened off the court he continued to be productive. NBA scouts took notice of that.

Reactions: NickRU714
So, so happy SDSU took Bama apart and made Miller look terrible - that POS did not deserve to be on a title winning team and Bama didn't deserve to win a title with him playing. I might hate Bama more than ND now, lol.
He definitely couldn't make shots that day & he had a buncha turnovers. Miller still had 11 rebounds, a block and a steal.

POS? 🙄

For those in the know how does Ace Bailey's game compare to Brandon Miller? They appear to be physically the and athletic but is that where the similarity ends or begins?

Kid got mixed up in a situation that ended tragically. Despite what happened off the court he continued to be productive. NBA scouts took notice of that.
So he is not the next Marvin “Bad News” Barnes, once the second overall pick?

Nah, Barnes committed crimes. Miller was a witness to a crime.
witness or involved, but not legally considered an accessory .
Either way his talent can't be denied and without a criminal charge
holding him back, the NBA deemed him a future star and he was drafted as one.

"Bad News: did last 6 years in the ABA/NBA,.
Marvin's first two pro years shown the talent a #2 draft pick should have to deserve being picked that high, but after that his play was bad news for the type of game a # 2 pick should have. Drug use was supposedly the cause

Last edited:
witness or involved, but not legally considered an accessory .
Either way his talent can't be denied and without a criminal charge
holding him back, the NBA deemed him a future star and he was drafted as
one.
They don't draft guys that high lightly, he went through an interview process and must have convinced a few GMs he wasn't a bad guy.
Rumors that Cam Whitmore dropped to #20 because of that interview process and work ethic at team workouts.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT