ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any advice on buying USC away game tix? StubHub wanted a $98 per ticket fee

I always tickets on my own, right behind the team bench, after being saddled with nosebleed seats bought through Rutgers at Ohio State and Penn State.
Me too. I will never buy away or bowl game tickets through Rutgers ever again. It is a complete ripoff and the seats always suck.

EDIT: Hey @MrsScrew: not sure why you chose to reply several times with namecalling, sarcasm and snark, but do you realize that you literally just admitted that I'm 100% right?

the nut job was saying buying thru RU gives you crappy seats for away games. My point was, buying thru Ohio State/Michigan/Iowa will get you crappy seats at RU as well.
I've never bought away football tickets through Ohio State/Michigan/Iowa so I don't know how things work at those schools, but thank you for agreeing with me that buying away tickets through Rutgers will guarantee you terrible seats. That's why I don't do it anymore and tell others to avoid it like the plague. Who's the "nut job" now?

Last edited:
Me too. I will never buy away or bowl game tickets through Rutgers ever again. It is a complete ripoff and the seats always suck.

Totally a Rutgers thing because when Ohio State or Michigan or Iowa come to Rutgers they get 50 yard line lower bowl ticket ...under the overhang if rain is expected 🙄

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Totally a Rutgers thing because when Ohio State or Michigan or Iowa come to Rutgers they get 50 yard line lower bowl ticket ...under the overhang if rain is expected 🙄
Not exactly true. The 50 yard line seats they get are the visiting team family seats (Not exactly true. The 50 yard line seats they get are the family seats (we get those on the road as well). The visitor allotment is in the north west corner. Anything else they get they’re buying off of fans of ours who are selling them on step up to make IIRC it’s one section rows 1-10). The visitor allotment is in the northwest corner of the end zone and a couple upper tier corners.. Anything else they get they’re buying off of fans of ours who are selling them on step up to make a profit.

Last edited:
I'm not sure WHAT some of you guys are looking at/talking about....lol....I can purchase 2 tickets, RU @ USC for....ALL IN....$67 (7/29 @ approx 12:30PM EST).

*** anyone know how to link a screenshot here (because I''m sure 1 idiot will want "proof")

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Not exactly true. The 50 yard line seats they get are the visiting team family seats (Not exactly true. The 50 yard line seats they get are the family seats (we get those on the road as well). The visitor allotment is in the north west corner. Anything else they get they’re buying off of fans of ours who are selling them on step up to make IIRC it’s one section rows 1-10). The visitor allotment is in the northwest corner of the end zone and a couple upper tier corners.. Anything else they get they’re buying off of fans of ours who are selling them on step up to make a profit.

you missed my sarcasm.....the nut job was saying buying thru RU gives you crappy seats for away games. My point was, buying thru Ohio State/Michigan/Iowa will get you crappy seats at RU as well. That's why I put the rolling eye emoji at the end of my comment.

I'm not sure WHAT some of you guys are looking at/talking about....lol....I can purchase 2 tickets, RU @ USC for....ALL IN....$67 (7/29 @ approx 12:30PM EST).

*** anyone know how to link a screenshot here (because I''m sure 1 idiot will want "proof")
Those are the cheapo seats. The seats I want behind our bench are 467 + fees

That's your choice, which is fine, but nobody is forcing you to sit there. I'm just letting everyone here know that there ARE "cheap" seats available (all-in with fees).

Reactions: rutgersal

Just wait. Unless this is a Top 15 matchup (which it could be with a lot of good fortune) there is zero chance those are $450 tickets a week prior to the game. The secondary market is usually much higher the further out from the event that you are.

Fly six hours on a plane plus hotel rental car to now buy cheap seats to the game. That sounds like a Rutgers fan. What’s next a group of senior citizens on a hike for fun day of game. Yikes!!!

Reactions: RUStriker
Just wait. Unless this is a Top 15 matchup (which it could be with a lot of good fortune) there is zero chance those are $450 tickets a week prior to the game. The secondary market is usually much higher the further out from the event that you are.
Very, very true.

The harder to get ticket will be a parking pass. I know the metro is outside the stadium and I assume Uber is an option but not sure either are the safest options late at night. I don't think finding parking "off-stadium" and walking is a great idea either particularly at midnight.

Currently, parking passes for the two large underground structures are over $400 on most of the second party sites - yikes!
Never plan on taking Uber after a game with 50K + attending. It’s impossible to get one.

Just get a rental car and park as close as you can. Once, I had to walk two to three miles after attending Well attended game, to get an Uber.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Never plan on taking Uber after a game with 50K + attending. It’s impossible to get one.

Just get a rental car and park as close as you can. Once, I had to walk two to three miles after attending Well attended game, to get an Uber.
Agreed. I made this mistake after Michigan/Ohio State two years ago. It was a good way to see all parts of Columbus.

For LA, you can take a metro away from the stadium and Uber from there in theory.

Reactions: rutgersal
Agreed. I made this mistake after Michigan/Ohio State two years ago. It was a good way to see all parts of Columbus.

For LA, you can take a metro away from the stadium and Uber from there in theory.
At least LA has a Metro. Attend a game in many parts of the SEC and they have absolutely nothing. Most arrive by car.

This.
There will be numerous RU and USC fans taking the Metro E line by the Coliseum after the game. Plenty secure. Back up to the Santa Monica area to party after our victory!!!!

Reactions: RUforester72

But will it be overcrowded?
At least LA has a Metro. Attend a game in many parts of the SEC and they have absolutely nothing. Most arrive by car.
We tried to take the local train in Phoenix from Chase Field in December after the Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks concert. There was no possible way to get on a train in a reasonable time. We walked 4 miles back to the train station lot where we parked.
This.
There will be numerous RU and USC fans taking the Metro E line by the Coliseum after the game. Plenty secure. Back up to the Santa Monica area to party after our victory!!!!
Perhaps @PatrickRU92 or another local such as @Caliknight can comment on if the Metro will be overloaded after the game, heading West to Santa Monica?

We tried to take the local train in Phoenix from Chase Field in December after the Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks concert. There was no possible way to get on a train in a reasonable time. We walked 4 miles back to the train station lot where we parked.

Perhaps @PatrickRU92 or another local such as @Caliknight can comment on if the Metro will be overloaded after the game, heading West to Santa Monica?
I haven’t been to the Colesium yet so no direct experience. I can say I rode the metro after the Rose Bowl and it was manageable. They clearly had enhanced service but they do on USC game days as well.

I haven’t been to the Colesium yet so no direct experience. I can say I rode the metro after the Rose Bowl and it was manageable. They clearly had enhanced service but they do on USC game days as well.
One would think in a major city (Phoenix is major, but their mass transit system is nascent and lacking), they will handle it. Our plan is to park in a lot along the Metro Line to Santa Monica and take the Metro in.

honestly I don't know! I'm a typical angeleno--I have never used mass transit. I drive everywhere

Dallas does a great job with the Cotton Bowl each year. All Mass transit basically gets dedicated to the game for OU TX . I take it every year. OU vs TX is insane btw. Not sure if USC games get that kind of attention.

Don’t know much about USC football fans and how they show up.
They will have played Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Maryland before us.
Perhaps they will be down by the time we get to LA.

Loads of game day travel advice in here, including the fact that there is " enhanced service" on the metro on game day. Apparently it will take 36 minutes by Metro to get from Santa Monica to the USC stop. At least 90 minutes by car.

Metro it is!!!

The article also suggests having a preloaded TAP card for ease of getting on/off the Metro & that everyone needs their own. Here's how to get one...it can be loaded on your phone:

Last edited:

Hate to 'chime' in on your site.. which I've followed for years but I have used "Spot Hero" in numerous cities. Just used it a few weeks ago for a concert at Wrigley Field. Parking was around $150-250 around the stadium but I got a spot at someones home for $32 and walked .8 miles. Looks like the costs around LA Memorial Coliseum are anywhere from $30 to 75 if you want to drive your own car and get some exercise. NOTE: the neighborhood is sketchy if you venture too far. I did a crime look up for the place I parked (most cities have street look up stats). Good luck to you guys!

Is there a @Rutgers Section”? My daughters are alums out there and bringing friends. Thanks

Is there a @Rutgers Section”? My daughters are alums out there and bringing friends. Thanks

the RU tickets will likely be one of the corners, upper deck on the visitors side. Right now RU has no idea where the tickets will be.

• Sad
Loads of game day travel advice in here, including the fact that there is " enhanced service" on the metro on game day. Apparently it will take 36 minutes by Metro to get from Santa Monica to the USC stop. At least 90 minutes by car.

Metro it is!!!

The article also suggests having a preloaded TAP card for ease of getting on/off the Metro & that everyone needs their own. Here's how to get one...it can be loaded on your phone:

Their Metro website says that when there are events at the Coliseum, they extend service for an hour or two after the conclusion of the event!

the RU tickets will likely be one of the corners, upper deck on the visitors side. Right now RU has no idea where the tickets will be.
No "upper decks" in the traditional sense, @ The Coliseum, however the visitor allotment IS in the corner - like 50-yards from the field. Sections 201/202 and 301/302. You can get a good look here:

No "upper decks" in the traditional sense, @ The Coliseum, however the visitor allotment IS in the corner - like 50-yards from the field. Sections 201/202 and 301/302. You can get a good look here:

FWIW, this site has sections 101-102; 200-202; and 300-302 as the visitors section. IIRC, I confirmed that elsewhere.

We paid $20 more per ticket than RU's tickets to get seats in 104, which is not so far into the corner of the end zone

FWIW, this site has sections 101-102; 200-202; and 300-302 as the visitors section. IIRC, I confirmed that elsewhere.

We paid $20 more per ticket than RU's tickets to get seats in 104, which is not so far into the corner of the end zone

I saw that as well but don't you think the USC site itself might be a better indicator of things? It shows:

102 - "Trojan Club West"
101 - "General Admission"
100/200/300 - unavailable

....I dunno!

Metro is going to be overloaded, 100%. Just like the NYC subway is overloaded after a Yankee Game. You squeeze in as best you can. It’s either that or wait in traffic. If you don’t want to deal with crowds, then just wait in traffic.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Metro is going to be overloaded, 100%. Just like the NYC subway is overloaded after a Yankee Game. You squeeze in as best you can. It’s either that or wait in traffic. If you don’t want to deal with crowds, then just wait in traffic.
I’m not so sure the metro heading west to Santa Monica will be that bad if that’s where the majority of our fans our staying. I wouldn’t want to be heading the opposite way into downtown.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT