ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any advice on buying USC away game tix? StubHub wanted a $98 per ticket fee

I’m not so sure the metro heading west to Santa Monica will be that bad if that’s where the majority of our fans our staying. I wouldn’t want to be heading the opposite way into downtown.
I believe someone said they put on extra service on the Metro during USC games.
Even with the sizable contingent of RU fans riding the Metro back up to the Santa Monica area it should be fine.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
I’m not so sure the metro heading west to Santa Monica will be that bad if that’s where the majority of our fans our staying. I wouldn’t want to be heading the opposite way into downtown.
You have 70K+ people heading home, some of whom live in the Santa Monica/Venice area. Extra service should help. But it’s reasonable to expect that the metro will be packed.

Wow, so the Rutgers ticket office is even more incompetent and clueless than I thought. Anyone who buys through RU for an away or bowl game at this point is NUTS.
I think you forgot to take your medication this morning, since no school knows where visitors will be sitting until the home team sends the tickets, as RU has changed visitors sections in the past as has all other schools

USC Rutgers tickets go on sale tomorrow according to the USC ticket rep I have emailed. She initially told me they were going on sale this past Friday, however she emailed me today and said it is tomorrow.

USC Rutgers tickets go on sale tomorrow according to the USC ticket rep I have emailed. She initially told me they were going on sale this past Friday, however she emailed me today and said it is tomorrow.

Did she give you any idea of what kind of tickets they might be?

Talked to a ND fan who has attended games at the Coliseum - away game ticket seats are situated such that you do not feel you are in the stadium

Talked to a ND fan who has attended games at the Coliseum - away game ticket seats are situated such that you do not feel you are in the stadium

Pretty much the same at every away game. At psu the visitor seats are practically back in NJ they are so far up & out

Reactions: TRU2RU
This.
People talk about Visitor sections at B1G stadiums. Yes they have bad sight lines but they are in the Stadium. At the Coliseum you are 40 yards beyond the back corner of the end zone. Basically not in the Stadium.

I think you forgot to take your medication this morning, since no school knows where visitors will be sitting until the home team sends the tickets, as RU has changed visitors sections in the past as has all other schools

Already posted the sections: 201-202 and 301-302

Last edited:
Just bought 4 tickets at $211 a pop, including fees, on the 50 yard line, section 106B, Row 2, right behind the Rutgers Bench. This is about what I wanted to pay, so I jumped on it, as soon as I saw them. Got them from SeatGeek.

Just bought 4 tickets at $211 a pop, including fees, on the 50 yard line, section 106B, Row 2, right behind the Rutgers Bench. This is about what I wanted to pay, so I jumped on it, as soon as I saw them. Got them from SeatGeek.
I saw those. We opted for $52 seats in the Rutgers section. $211 too rich for us for a football game.

Be very careful with StubHUB. I have always used them up until my father had a MAJOR issue take place last month. He spent over $600 for two tickets that never got transferred to him. In short, the seller transferred them to a very similar email that we are guessing he made, to make it appear as if he transferred the tickets.

My dad and I spent over 6 hours on the phone with StubHub in the days leading up to the event. When I tell you it was a nightmare, that was an understatement. Getting different answers from different people, constantly getting disconnected…and on and on…

In the end, they assured us we would get an email two hours prior to the event with a link to select any two tickets we wanted. We never got the email.

Ended up using Gametime to buy tickets an hour before the event. He filed a credit card dispute with them and it is still under investigation.

Absolute nightmare. Horrible horrible customer service by StubHub. Will NEVER recommend using them again.

We're traveling with 4 friends. Got 6 Tix from SeatGeek last night, section 108A. 4 in one row & 2 in the other, directly behind each other, rows 21 &22. Tickets were directly from USC & are already in my wallet.

Flight✔️
Car rental✔️
Hotel✔️
Tickets✔️

Let's Go Rutgers!

I guess it becomes a buyers market the closer you get to an event. My guess is the motivation to sell a week before an event is greater than the motivation to buy. Sellers usually have to sell. Wedding. In laws coming in town. Work commitment. You have to sell. Buyers usually don’t have to buy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT