ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have their child in the Honors College at RU?

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
My son is a rising senior and we're touring a bunch of Top 30 schools. He's an excellent student (perfect ACT of 36) and plays football at Delbarton. He's getting some looks from the Patriot League for football.

I want him to consider RU Honors College. Does anyone have any feedback/observations from their kids' attending the school? One of the things we're focused on is summer internship opportunities. He wants to be a finance bro. Any honest feedback would be appreciated.

My son is a rising senior and we're touring a bunch of Top 30 schools. He's an excellent student (perfect ACT of 36) and plays football at Delbarton. He's getting some looks from the Patriot League for football.

I want him to consider RU Honors College. Does anyone have any feedback/observations from their kids' attending the school? One of the things we're focused on is summer internship opportunities. He wants to be a finance bro. Any honest feedback would be appreciated.

I’ve mentored (both formally part of a RU program and informally) a few RU Honore students .

From my perspective it’s a really special program. The dorms are great, the peer group is probably nearly as good as Ivys, they get access to special classes. Seems like an all around great program.

As far as becoming a Finance bro, which I guess I technically am as well, RU business school has really upped its game for internships and top notch wall steeet jobs. They have a program called “Road to Wall St” and if any students gets into that selective program I belive 100% of each cohort obtains an internship. And highly desirable ones. Plus tons of support from the program such networking coaching , special financial skills classes, investing challenges, mentorship, etc.

I think RU biz school is as good as any , especially for local kids, after the Ivys and a notch below the Mich, NW, Duke, Stanford rung. Competivy equilavent to any school outside of those at this point.

It’s very competitive. I think the major determining factor is GPA. My daughter did not get in with a 4.45 GPA or 3.9 UW GPA. Her friend got in with a 4.55/3.95.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Reactions: Morrischiano

Hello there

My son is a class of 2027 Rutgers honors college.

Send me your email or cell number via message and I’ll be glad to connect.

Oldest kid attended Rutgers HC from 2019-23, graduating in 3.5 years with a degree in computer science. Did not graduate with the HC designation on the diploma, opting to graduate early and not complete the capstone or whatever project was required. The pandemic and remote learning undercut and diminished the HC experience. But the first year until getting booted out of the dorms in March 2020 was superb. Fantastic experience. Landed a fantastic job at a top software company and is off to a great career start.

You should check out all the information that is available via Google on the Road to Wall Street program for business/finance.

Has your son considered any of the NESCAC schools? Some great opportunities at schools such as Middlebury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT