ADVERTISEMENT

2/6: BACATOLOGY SMORGASBOARD*****RU now a 6 seed as of 2/8

Loyola Marymount not even considered. They have 4 Q3 losses including awful league losses to Pacific and San Diego and a home loss to UC Riverside, their loss at Colorado State who is terrible this year is barely hanging in Q2, its a bad loss. This league will not get a 10 plus loss school as an at large
Seems like the WCC is just down this year. Gonzaga lost at home to LMU. BYU is bad this year (lost at Pepperdine last night). San Fran isn't good. St Mary's for all the metrics hype did nothing out of conference.

Seems like the WCC is just down this year. Gonzaga lost at home to LMU. BYU is bad this year (lost at Pepperdine last night). San Fran isn't good. St Mary's for all the metrics hype did nothing out of conference.
LMU just replacing BYU as a new western candidate. Admittedly I haven’t seen St. Mary’s play at all. Don’t know what to make of them either. Hofstra and Oral Roberts might both make the tourney. Beat Gonzaga. Did beat Vandy who just beat Tennessee. Played Houston tough. I’m surprised ranked as high as they are too. Wouldn’t mind RU matched up with them.

What has to happen in the next two weeks for RU to fall totally out?

I am very risk averse.

if they go 1-6 or 0-7 they are out

if they go 2-5 things get dicey probably fall near that 11 seed last 4 in...and have to pick up a win in the Big 10 tourney to avoid disaster

3-4..in no question about it.

so I would say the MAGIC number to assure a bid is 3 which includes Big 10 tournament

LMU just replacing BYU as a new western candidate. Admittedly I haven’t seen St. Mary’s play at all. Don’t know what to make of them either. Hofstra and Oral Roberts might both make the tourney. Beat Gonzaga. Did beat Vandy who just beat Tennessee. Played Houston tough. I’m surprised ranked as high as they are too. Wouldn’t mind RU matched up with them.

While they are a tourney lock, St Marys resume isnt as good as the NET would indicate. Sure great wins over Gonzaga, San Diego State and Oral Roberts but doesnt justify the net of 7. They also have 2 Q3 losses

Reactions: G- RUnit
While they are a tourney lock, St Marys resume isnt as good as the NET would indicate. Sure great wins over Gonzaga, San Diego State and Oral Roberts but doesnt justify the net of 7. They also have 2 Q3 losses
I agree. Would love to know how NET came up with number. Not a fan of the NET with rankings like this.

Big result for RU seeding implications with that St Marys loss...should they take on another loss at Gonzaga at the end of the regular season or in the conference tourney, its going to bounce them from that 4-5 seed line contention

For seeding implications going forward as RU fans you want UConn, Marquette, TCU Miami, Duke, St Marys, Illinois, Indiana to lose as much as possible
There is not much difference from
A 4 or 5 seed . Maybe a weaker first round opponent and you get to wear the home whites in the second round.

if they go 1-6 or 0-7 they are out

if they go 2-5 things get dicey probably fall near that 11 seed last 4 in...and have to pick up a win in the Big 10 tourney to avoid disaster

3-4..in no question about it.

so I would say the MAGIC number to assure a bid is 3 which includes Big 10 tournament
Basically beat Minnesota Nebraska and win any other game is where my head was at too.

BAC - what does Wake have to do to punch their ticket? Would not losing to the “trash” and picking up the win @ Cuse do it at 4-2?

I’m no BAC but I play one on TV and I think Wake even at 4-2 will be on pins and needles all selection Sunday. Hope Clemson and NC lose. Think above Tech. State has a tough end of season… Root for Memphis to lose and pray VCU wins A10.

BAC - what does Wake have to do to punch their ticket? Would not losing to the “trash” and picking up the win @ Cuse do it at 4-2?

I dont think 4-2 is enough because none of the wins are quality and yes while Cuse would be Q2 no one cares about that

I still contend they have to beat one of Miami or NC State on the road...actually if they lost to Cuse and one of those then that 4-2 would be good enough

otherwise 4-2 with no quality wins means they have work to do in the ACC tourney...like make the finals

Xavier looking bad. Can now see their seed dropping to a 5 or 6 if they don’t come back in this one. Could see them losing to Marquette, SHU and Providence all away. Life to SHU.

Creighton might be the best BE team when all is said and done.

I dont think 4-2 is enough because none of the wins are quality and yes while Cuse would be Q2 no one cares about that

I still contend they have to beat one of Miami or NC State on the road...actually if they lost to Cuse and one of those then that 4-2 would be good enough

otherwise 4-2 with no quality wins means they have work to do in the ACC tourney...like make the finals

Well it wouldn’t exactly be no decent wins. No marquis wins. But it would be 20-12 (at worst) on selection day. Wins - Duke, Clemson, @Wisconsin, UNC, VTech, and Georgia. LM neutral loss looking less bad.

Xavier lost to Butler. Let's see more of those potential 4, 5, and 6 seeds go down. Then have RU go 7-0, 6-1 or even 5-2. Then win a couple in the Big Ten tournie and easily could be a 4 seed.
Big result for RU seeding implications with that St Marys loss...should they take on another loss at Gonzaga at the end of the regular season or in the conference tourney, its going to bounce them from that 4-5 seed line contention

For seeding implications going forward as RU fans you want UConn, Marquette, TCU Miami, Duke, St Marys, Illinois, Indiana to lose as much as possible

Reactions: goru7
Well it wouldn’t exactly be no decent wins. No marquis wins. But it would be 20-12 (at worst) on selection day. Wins - Duke, Clemson, @Wisconsin, UNC, VTech, and Georgia. LM neutral loss looking less bad.

Currently only one of those is firmly in...3 of them are either in last 4 or projected out

Guessing New Mexico going to have to win the MWC now. So much for 5.
And New Mexico State stuff is awful. Had no idea.

New Mexico now with three Q3 losses. They still have two Q1 games left plus the MWC tournament so they're not auto bid or bust yet but clearly trending down.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Bubble games on my radar today... Look at how many are on the road: 12 out of 17, plus Clemson/UNC in a cut line battle. Many are favored even as the road team but it should be an interesting day.

UCLA at Oregon (35%)

Indiana at Michigan (48%)

Oklahoma State (32%) at Iowa State

Seton Hall (43%) at Villanova

Utah State (61%) at San Jose State

Mississippi State (28%) at Arkansas

Penn State (27%) at Maryland

Kentucky (65%) at Georgia

Wisconsin (52%) at Nebraska

Clemson at North Carolina (double bubble special)

Texas A&M (68%) at LSU

Virginia Tech (69%) at Notre Dame

Pittsburgh (71%) at Florida State

Vanderbilt at Florida (78%)

USC (75%) at Oregon State

Arizona State (79%) at California

Wyoming at Boise State (91%)

Georgia Tech at Wake Forest (89%)

Expected wins: 10.11 in 17 games plus the Clemson/UNC matchup.

Reactions: fatsam98
Currently only one of those is firmly in...3 of them are either in last 4 or projected out

I get that. But you could say that and more about the MWC bubblers. Their selection day loss counts with winning out are at 7 but several of them play each other so at least a few of them will have 8 or more losses.

Also - Wisconsin has the potential to make a run down the stretch. Look at their schedule. In an odd way, you might say our Wisconsin game seems to loom ahead as an RU resume hedge of sorts. Obviously RU win is great for us. But if Wiscy wins that game and doesn’t lose to Minny or Nebraska that really helps Wake. Wisconsin would then have a possible path not only to lock status but decent seed. The rest of their games are winnable but wouldn’t hurt them to lose.

I get that. But you could say that and more about the MWC bubblers. Their selection day loss counts with winning out are at 7 but several of them play each other so at least a few of them will have 8 or more losses.

Also - Wisconsin has the potential to make a run down the stretch. Look at their schedule. In an odd way, you might say our Wisconsin game seems to loom ahead as an RU resume hedge of sorts. Obviously RU win is great for us. But if Wiscy wins that game and doesn’t lose to Minny or Nebraska that really helps Wake. Wisconsin would then have a possible path not only to lock status but decent seed. The rest of their games are winnable but wouldn’t hurt them to lose.

Wake isnt getting in based on a win over Wisconsin

They need to beat Nc State or Miami on the road or go to the ACC finals

While if I’m Wake I would be very nervous, but no more than the other ACC schools. Not sure it’s so dire they have to get to ACC final. They have beat Duke, Clemson, UNC and Va Tech. Beat Wisconsin. Losses to Loyola Marymount and RU are fine. They could have 20 wins going into the ACC tourney and will probably play any of rivals again. I wouldn’t lose to Cuse. Think they could withstand Miami and State losses on the road.

While if I’m Wake I would be very nervous, but no more than the other ACC schools. Not sure it’s so dire they have to get to ACC final. They have beat Duke, Clemson, UNC and Va Tech. Beat Wisconsin. Losses to Loyola Marymount and RU are fine. They could have 20 wins going into the ACC tourney and will probably play any of rivals again. I wouldn’t lose to Cuse. Think they could withstand Miami and State losses on the road.

All low end wins...stop treating Duke by going off their name

going into today

FIRST FOUR BYES: OKLAHOMA STATE, WISCONSIN, USC, KENTUCKY

LAST FOUR IN: BOISE STATE, CLEMSON, NEW MEXICO, OREGON

FIRST FOUR OUT: NORTH CAROLINA, MISSISSIPPI STATE, MEMPHIS, TEXAS A&M

NEXT FOUR OUT: SETON HALL, WAKE FOREST, FLORIDA, VIRGINIA TECH

Bubble games on my radar today... Look at how many are on the road: 12 out of 17, plus Clemson/UNC in a cut line battle. Many are favored even as the road team but it should be an interesting day.vs

UCLA at Oregon (35%)

Indiana at Michigan (48%)

Oklahoma State (32%) at Iowa State

Seton Hall (43%) at Villanova

Utah State (61%) at San Jose State

Mississippi State (28%) at Arkansas

Penn State (27%) at Maryland

Kentucky (65%) at Georgia

Wisconsin (52%) at Nebraska

Clemson at North Carolina (double bubble special)

Texas A&M (68%) at LSU

Virginia Tech (69%) at Notre Dame

Pittsburgh (71%) at Florida State

Vanderbilt at Florida (78%)

USC (75%) at Oregon State

Arizona State (79%) at California

Wyoming at Boise State (91%)

Georgia Tech at Wake Forest (89%)

Expected wins: 10.11 in 17 games plus the Clemson/UNC matchup.

Michigan really needs that win today to make them a legit NCAA contender

Clemson/UNC biggest impact game of the day...winner takes a temporary spot in the field, loser takes a temporary spot out

Time for Discussion: UConn

How can UConn be a 3 or 4 seed when right now they are behind SHU in the Big East?

When does common sense come in?

UNC waxing Clemson...hurts Clemson more than it helps UNC resume although UNC will end up replacing Clemson for now. Tigers are in a heap of trouble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT