ADVERTISEMENT

2/6: BACATOLOGY SMORGASBOARD*****RU now a 6 seed as of 2/8

Indiana beats Rutgers and nudges ahead of RU on the 5 seed line

UConn blowing out Marquette and nudges ahead of RU on the 5 seed line

All 3 are 5s right now

Wake blowing out suddenly bubbling North Carolina
I assume our key game is Nebraska. We stay close with Illinois and take care of Nebraska all is fine and we are on the 5/6 line. Right ?

Great win for Wake
Helps us.
Huge win for UConn. Great home win. Not convinced of Marquette love.

Maryland bringing it in East Lansing. Sparty looks drunk in the 2nd half

Arkansas wins at Kentucky....big win to bolster their sagging resume. Kentucky meanwhile still in the field but still close to that cut line

Michigan State up 2 over Maryland with 25 seconds left

Kansas State wacked TCU. The Frogs are now in danger of losing their spot on the 4 seed

the Wake win was huge for them to keep them in contention but will need alot more. Meanwhile Heels starting to move toward that last 8 in line

Nevada got the road win at New Mexico. That league is hitting all the right notes to get four bids. We can start talking about five if Utah State beats San Diego State tonight.

Going to be hard to edge out E Illinois over Iowa for that spot
You’re probably right with spread and power 6 stuff but was 3-22 beating a 16 win team on the road. Just caught my attention. Green Bay beating Milwaukee. Wonder if it’s considered a rivalry game.

Reactions: fluoxetine
They absolutely wont get 5

Nevada shoring things up but New Mexico now moving near the first four territory
New Mexico if the worse of them has wins over St. Mary’s and San Diego State. Will end up with a great record. Going to be hard to keep them out. It’s a good story with Pitino too. CBS can sell it and another western team… I know those factors don’t matter…. ;-)

VCU bad loss to Dayton at home and shows vulnerable. Will A10 be a two bid league should VCU lose league final to St.Louis or Dayton in Final? I can’t see Fordham making a run but they aren’t losing all that much either.

those results from last night major implications along seed lines

Auburn's stock is dropping like a rock right now....for me all the way to the first four. Swept by A&M, their only 2 wins vs field are Arkansas and Northwestern. Texas A&M winning there was big for them as they eek closer to the field. Its the 2 Q4 losses keeping them out.

Nevada's win at New Mexico moves them to a safe space currently. On the 8/9, probably 8. Strongest resume of anyone now in the MWC including AQ San Diego State. New Mexico still in and above the first four, those road wins here are good so not hurt much by the lost last night.

Indiana win over RU solidifies them as a strong 5 and they are in play for a possible 4. For RU the loss drops them down to a 6.

Virginia win over NC State makes the Cavs the AQ from the ACC which has major implications for Clemson who now drops into the at large field and perilously close to the first four games.

UConn win over Marquette moves them to the 4 line and drops Marquette down to a 5.

Arkansas win at Kentucky was huge for them, giving them breathing space and vaulting them beyond the last 8 in. The loss for Kentucky was a blown opportunity to get to their own safe space and with just a win at Tennessee on their profile, they are in some trouble and fall onto the last 4 grouping.

North Carolina's loss to Wake amplifies how weak their resume is right now. Now 1-8 in Q1 and their only win vs team in field is Q2 NC State. The NCAA would salivate over a matchup between the Heels and the Cats

Wake is still a longshot but still alive

5 SEEDS: ST MARY'S, MARQUETTE, INDIANA, MIAMI
6 SEEDS: RUTGERS, IOWA, ILLINOIS, DUKE

FIRST FOUR BYES: OKLAHOMA STATE, NEW MEXICO, CLEMSON, WISCONSIN
LAST FOUR IN: BOISE STATE, NORTH CAROLINA, KENTUCKY, AUBURN

FIRST FOUR OUT: MISSISSIPPI STATE, MEMPHIS, TEXAS A&M, SETON HALL
NEXT FOUR OUT: VIRGINIA TECH, PENN STATE, FLORIDA, WAKE FOREST

Last edited:
yeah Illinois beats RU and they may take our spot on the 5 line..they have great non conference wins we do not have. Beat Nebby and we are still a 6
My dude, you have the best win on anyone's resume, a win over the likely #1 overall seed on their home court.

My Illini right now do not have any Q1 wins in conference play. Need some, hopefully starting Saturday. :)

My dude, you have the best win on anyone's resume, a win over the likely #1 overall seed on their home court.

My Illini right now do not have any Q1 wins in conference play. Need some, hopefully starting Saturday. :)

Illinois has non conference wins over 2 projected 2 seeds....UCLA and Texas. A win over Rutgers would really shore that resume up for a solid seed.

Illinois has non conference wins over 2 projected 2 seeds....UCLA and Texas. A win over Rutgers would really shore that resume up for a solid seed.
For sure, but doesn't really matter if they are conference wins or not. In fact, I'd argue winning a conference game on someone else's home court is way tougher than winning an early season match up in Vegas or NYC.

Reactions: G- RUnit
I think the two confounding conferences are the MWC where everyone is having a great year. Good luck separating them.

And the ACC is so mediocre. Pitt has to end the season with the gauntlet of Louisville, FSU, BC, GT, ND and Cuse among others. They are sure to be battle tested. Good luck seeding them.

Will NCAA bend over backwards to get Duke and UNC in? UNC still has Clemson, Miami, UVA and Duke… all at home.
Wake schedule doesn’t look all that difficult. Va Tech has a three game gauntlet of BC, ND and GT. Don’t know how they will survive….such an odd league. Can’t rip too much as last year in tourney with ND and UNC…but still.

Think B1G will come down to if Michigan gets hot and winner of PSU/ Wiscy for remaining bids.

Games to watch tonight, Iowa State at WVU and San Diego State at Utah State?

For sure, but doesn't really matter if they are conference wins or not. In fact, I'd argue winning a conference game on someone else's home court is way tougher than winning an early season match up in Vegas or NYC.
selection committee values OOC scheduling and those two wins are among the best duo in the country. Yes RU has the best win in the country this year so that cannot be taken away from the them

Reactions: Scangg
I think the two confounding conferences are the MWC where everyone is having a great year. Good luck separating them.

And the ACC is so mediocre. Pitt has to end the season with the gauntlet of Louisville, FSU, BC, GT, ND and Cuse among others. They are sure to be battle tested. Good luck seeding them.

Will NCAA bend over backwards to get Duke and UNC in? UNC still has Clemson, Miami, UVA and Duke… all at home.
Wake schedule doesn’t look all that difficult. Va Tech has a three game gauntlet of BC, ND and GT. Don’t know how they will survive….such an odd league. Can’t rip too much as last year in tourney with ND and UNC…but still.

Think B1G will come down to if Michigan gets hot and winner of PSU/ Wiscy.

Games to watch tonight, Iowa State at WVU and San Diego State at Utah State?

Mountain West is sorting itself a big. Nevada/San Diego State ahead of New Mexico/Boise...the latter actually is in a bit of trouble. Utah State has beat no one so a ton of work to do. MWC will get at least 3 and 50/50 on 4 but no way will they get 5.

Pitt has an easy schedule so I hope that comment about a gauntlet is sarcasm. Lots of landmines and not alot of opportunities for quality wins. Can only hurt their profile. For now they are straddling high 8/low 9 line but that will oscillate in the next few weeks. Not sure they can get higher than 7 but can easily fall to the first four.

UNC has to start accumulating victories

Wake easy schedule hurts them because they need quality wins...two road games at Nc St/Miami will decide.

Va Tech in contention but again needs more work

Michigan certainly has an opportunity. All 3 of those schools need to go 5-3, should they do that, they would get in.

WVU is no lock so beating Iowa State at home is one they need. Big game for Utah State to try and touch base with the last 4 out line.

I agree. I think that’s where the NET is faulty. I get the whole body of work thing too but….
Mountain West is sorting itself a big. Nevada/San Diego State ahead of New Mexico/Boise...the latter actually is in a bit of trouble. Utah State has beat no one so a ton of work to do. MWC will get at least 3 and 50/50 on 4 but no way will they get 5.

Pitt has an easy schedule so I hope that comment about a gauntlet is sarcasm. Lots of landmines and not alot of opportunities for quality wins. Can only hurt their profile. For now they are straddling high 8/low 9 line but that will oscillate in the next few weeks. Not sure they can get higher than 7 but can easily fall to the first four.

UNC has to start accumulating victories

Wake easy schedule hurts them because they need quality wins...two road games at Nc St/Miami will decide.

Va Tech in contention but again needs more work

Michigan certainly has an opportunity. All 3 of those schools need to go 5-3, should they do that, they would get in.

WVU is no lock so beating Iowa State at home is one they need. Big game for Utah State to try and touch base with the last 4 out line.

Pitt and Va Tech were sarcasm for sure. I guess you are correct on land mines but again think where NET is nutty where penalized more for bad losses than rewarded for good wins.

Boise at least in Ken Pom is 2nd rated MWC team. Still think very tough to distinguish and if they reward teams for good year… I think getting four easily. The question will be 5.

Wiscy still has two with Michigan, Iowa , Purdue and RU. Think must win for them more than PSU despite good early wins. Wisconsin has three home conference games in a row remaining. Wonder what that’s like?

Bac

I see the same …there is a log jam between the middle of the 5 bracket and the middle of the 7 bracket …and we are in the thsr mix

We really need to win 6 of 7 to get to…14-6/22-9 and then get one in the BET to be on the five line …..

With guys like BAC so good, I find seeding far more interesting. Avoid the 8-9 game and play in game. I guess it’s also “fun” for the last teams in. Here’s looking at you SHU, MWC and Wake.

those results from last night major implications along seed lines

Auburn's stock is dropping like a rock right now....for me all the way to the first four. Swept by A&M, their only 2 wins vs field are Arkansas and Northwestern. Texas A&M winning there was big for them as they eek closer to the field. Its the 2 Q4 losses keeping them out.

Nevada's win at New Mexico moves them to a safe space currently. On the 8/9, probably 8. Strongest resume of anyone now in the MWC including AQ San Diego State. New Mexico still in and above the first four, those road wins here are good so not hurt much by the lost last night.

Indiana win over RU solidifies them as a strong 5 and they are in play for a possible 4. For RU the loss drops them down to a 6.

Virginia win over NC State makes the Cavs the AQ from the ACC which has major implications for Clemson who now drops into the at large field and perilously close to the first four games.

UConn win over Marquette moves them to the 4 line and drops Marquette down to a 5.

Arkansas win at Kentucky was huge for them, giving them breathing space and vaulting them beyond the last 8 in. The loss for Kentucky was a blown opportunity to get to their own safe space and with just a win at Tennessee on their profile, they are in some trouble and fall onto the last 4 grouping.

North Carolina's loss to Wake amplifies how weak their resume is right now. Now 1-8 in Q1 and their only win vs team in field is Q2 NC State. The NCAA would salivate over a matchup between the Heels and the Cats

Wake is still a longshot but still alive

5 SEEDS: ST MARY'S, MARQUETTE, INDIANA, MIAMI
6 SEEDS: RUTGERS, IOWA, ILLINOIS, DUKE

FIRST FOUR BYES: OKLAHOMA STATE, NEW MEXICO, CLEMSON, WISCONSIN
LAST FOUR IN: BOISE STATE, NORTH CAROLINA, KENTUCKY, AUBURN

FIRST FOUR OUT: MISSISSIPPI STATE, MEMPHIS, TEXAS A&M, SETON HALL
NEXT FOUR OUT: VIRGINIA TECH, PENN STATE, FLORIDA, WAKE FOREST
You're aligned with Bracket Dave today who has us as the first 6 seed as well.

Big game for Seton Hall tonight at home to Creighton. Hate the 6:30 tipoffs.

Both Creighton and the SHU, if they make it, would be tough outs. Michigan looking pretty good. I like the 6:30 starts on tv. Gets more games in.

Shoe isn’t a tourney team. Complete frauds. Stole games vs us and UConn and Memphis. They beat the many dregs in BE, congrats for not slipping against them as Willard would. But they are overmatched against half their league, losing by 11 now despite Dawes career game.

Temple down 19-2 to SMU. They have to be the most inconsistent team in the country.

Reactions: shields
Shoe isn’t a tourney team. Complete frauds. Stole games vs us and UConn and Memphis. They beat the many dregs in BE, congrats for not slipping against them as Willard would. But they are overmatched against half their league, losing by 11 now despite Dawes career game.
I think they are like we were a few years ago. Creighton is very good. They can sweep Nova. Great D. Can beat GT. Not done yet but uphill battle.

Down goes Tennessee. Another odd loss.
May hurt their seeding. At one point arena considered state of the art. Now it seems sterile and stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT