ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are you a man with an earring?

Nothing spells desperation like an old guy with an earring
...and why the **** do you care what someone does with THEIR time and THEIR money? Either you’re delusionAL level trolling or you enjoy being a dick? Neither one is a good look! Having joined the board in May 2019 suggests trolling or someone else’ sock...

Don't like earrings for men. Especially don't like nose, lip, tongue piercing, or tattoos for women.

...and why the **** do you care what someone does with THEIR time and THEIR money? Either you’re delusionAL level trolling or you enjoy being a dick? Neither one is a good look! Having joined the board in May 2019 suggests trolling or someone else’ sock...
There's no way you went to west point unless it was during dont ask dont tell

+1
Tats are a huge no-no. Talk about regrets.

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I got 2 in my ear while at college.

My mom who was old school threatened to rip them out while I slept when I came home to visit. So never wore them at home and then let them close maybe a year later. Stupid choice to get in the first place.

Never had an earing or tattoo. It's not because I object of them. It's just that I have a strong objection to needles of any sort. I've had my arm and leg cut open, sat calmly taking duct tape to close it shut till I could get to the hospital. But show me a needle you're about to stick in me I get quite unnerved.

Ditto. My first question when I see someone all tatted is "how much did that hurt" and I never believe it when they try to play it down.

Reactions: koleszar
Ditto. My first question when I see someone all tatted is "how much did that hurt" and I never believe it when they try to play it down.
It's funny earlier this year when I ripped my arm open at work on a piece of steel. The nurse came in to give me my tetanus shot as I was due for one. I grimaced and said, "really, do we need that". She just looked at me and said, "you have to be kidding me, you cut your arm open but you're afraid of this little needle right here?" Yup, I didn't know the cut was coming. She just laughed.

Last edited:
Never had an earing or tattoo. It's not because I object of them. It's just that I have a strong objection to needles of any sort. I've had my arm and leg cut open, sat calmly taking duct tape to close it shut till I could get to the hospital. But show me a needle you're about to stick in me I get quite unnerved.

Hate needles also, but more importantly, I've just never felt the need to make a fashion statement with my appearance - most people who get them think earrings/tattoos look "cool" and either consciously or subconscioiusly think they'll look cool with them. Never cared about looking cool. Even at the height of my punk rock years, I never did any of the punk rock "fashions" - just jeans or shorts and a t-shirt (someone might say that was a "fashion" but I like to think the motivation was simplicity, cheapness and comfort).

And as others have said, earrings are at least reversible, while tattoos are for life, unless you want to spend a small fortune on removal at a dermatologist's office - if you're thinking of saving $$ by getting removal done not under medical supervision, don't - way too many horror stories for the money you might save.

Reactions: koleszar
Doing yard work yesterday, I got about 15 yellow jacket stings all over. That was enough pain right there to tell me I'd never be one to ever get a tattoo.
Meat tenderizer works well. Having a small farm, believe me, I know your pain.

Reactions: MulletCork
Meat tenderizer works well. Having a small farm, believe me, I know your pain.
Thanks for the advice! Never heard that one before. Was using hydrocortisone. Those little bastards get on you fast and outta nowhere if you accidentally disturb a nest.

Thanks for the advice! Never heard that one before. Was using hydrocortisone. Those little bastards get on you fast and outta nowhere if you accidentally disturb a nest.
Yup, have a bottle of powdered meat tenderizer and have never used it to well, tenderize meat. I'm one of those people who gets a welt if a mosquito bites me so you can imagine what happens when a yellow jacket does. Make it into a paste with water and place on stings it works really good as it breaks down the venom. Baking soda works as well.

thinking of saving $$ by getting removal done not under medical supervision, don't - way too many horror stories for the money you might save.
Many years ago my friend found this guy in NYC. We each had 3 sessions of laser treatment. Nice man, but everytime I said "Hi Doc" etc, he would say, "Oh, no need, call me Dean"... years later we looked him up to finish the process(I stopped when I had my baby) and we found this article! Crazy!! A dermatologist is now finishing the treatments.https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2009/10/postscript200910

I wear a stud on each ear and have my left nipple pierced. Guido from Hell forever.

Half a sleeve on right arm being added to existing tattoos.

Many years ago my friend found this guy in NYC. We each had 3 sessions of laser treatment. Nice man, but everytime I said "Hi Doc" etc, he would say, "Oh, no need, call me Dean"... years later we looked him up to finish the process(I stopped when I had my baby) and we found this article! Crazy!! A dermatologist is now finishing the treatments.https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2009/10/postscript200910

That's nuts - good thing nothing went wrong (presumably) when he treated you. It's certainly not a job for someone without a medical degree, given the injections and laser treatment that is involved.

Reactions: Jm0513
Yup, have a bottle of powdered meat tenderizer and have never used it to well, tenderize meat. I'm one of those people who gets a welt if a mosquito bites me so you can imagine what happens when a yellow jacket does. Make it into a paste with water and place on stings it works really good as it breaks down the venom. Baking soda works as well.

There's actually no medical evidence that the papain in meat tenderizer or the baking soda work, but they're also generally harmless, and the placebo effect can be significant, especially with pain, so I'd say if it works for someone, go for it, plus the medical literature on this is sparse, so perhaps the studies to date haven't been designed or powered well enough (as implied in the link below).

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/74/3/447.3.full.pdf

For the localized sting pain, the general medical recommendations are removing the stinger (if it's a honeybee; wasps/yellow jackets don't leave the stinger behind) using a cold compress, taking antihistamines (oral and/or topical cream), and elevating the area.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/74/3/447.3.full.pdf

As per the link below, by far the most important thing to do is to check for any signs of an allergic response, which can be deadly in sensitive people (via anaphylaxis). Symptoms usually develop very quickly and may include
  • A feeling of uneasiness, tingling sensations, and dizziness.
  • Generalized itching and hives
  • Swelling of the lips and tongue
  • Wheezing and difficulty breathing
  • Collapse and loss of consciousness
Anyone who has any of these symptoms should go to the emergency department immediately.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/news/editorial/2018/05/15/14/05/bee-stings

Symptoms usually develop very quickly and may include
  • A feeling of uneasiness, tingling sensations, and dizziness.
  • Generalized itching and hives
  • Swelling of the lips and tongue
  • Wheezing and difficulty breathing
  • Collapse and loss of consciousness
Anyone who has any of these symptoms should go to the emergency department immediately.

right after you wake up if you do I guess lol.

The only guys left wearing earrings are Michael Jordan and Ahmad Rashad.

Doing yard work yesterday, I got about 15 yellow jacket stings all over. That was enough pain right there to tell me I'd never be one to ever get a tattoo.
Feel your pain - I only had four mowing by a nest they built in the ground this summer. Was about two weeks before they stopped annoying me. Not a fan of pesticides in but put two cans of wasp spray down the hole over the next few days. First can didn’t get them all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT