ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Basement Gym

Right, sounds good. If you need a spot come see me. Leave your push-up bra at home 🤣

There you go again, dropping those innuendo laced invitations. It's disturbing you've already created pet names for me, "sweetie", "sunshine", etc.

I agree dumbbells. Depending what you goals are, and fitness level. Dumbbells and maybe chin-up bar. Do P90x and Insanity. You will get in good cardio shape and toned.
P90X / Insanity fanatic here. I try to do one cardio and one muscle workout per day. My favorite thing about them, besides requiring very little equipment, is that I don't have to make up my own workouts.

I realize they're not for everybody, though...

I got one of these a few years ago and its been very effective.

OIP.N7r5jV1Uu8kLcHJQsJMEoQHaFO
Ha ha, it turns out I have one of these. I had a bad shoulder injury in December 2021, and then I was given this at Christmas a few weeks later, so I put it aside and forgot about it. I just pulled it out, and will test it in a few minutes.

Thanks, man..

I'm referring to those of us who have had to respond to your inane attempts at workout advice as well as your homoerotic solicitations.
Just showed you in print that you were 1st with the homophobic comment. In print sunshine, in print. Can’t get past that. (And your a moderator lol).
You also stated you do pull-ups and pull downs so how inane of workout advice is if you follow it. Too friggin easy.
And there is no we or us. Stand on your own 2 feet be a grown ass man.
Sweetie take this ass whippin and get to the gym. Pull-ups pull downs rows whatever just stfu with your backwards posts.

Reactions: SpankyIsLying
You do attract the weirdest posters...what's up with that?

Well when it comes to stalkers this one is kind of tame. We have one on the board now who stalks me, NUTS and a couple of others who has registered over 200 names so far. He's very reminiscent of TSopranoRU, who was a special kind of psychopath. John once tracked down that he had registered in excess of 700 names. He used to go to other boards, register a name, start trouble over there then bring it back to our board. He also stalked John O and I on IM and social media.

So then I guess it’s you if you have recurring beefs

Actually no. The board stalker goes after me because I'm the one who continually has to respond to the reports and emails generated once he registers a new name and starts going about his business.

• Haha
Reactions: SpankyIsLying
As the OP, let me urge everyone to keep the discussion civil. IMHO, people should try to disagree without being disagreeable. Thanks!
I have posted posts from Dr Paddy Barrett elsewhere in this thread. I mentioned grip strength and longevity. Here is a post with some data. If you are not comfortable with pullups, you can carry dumbbells to build grip strength. There is a move called farmers carry, which mimics carrying bucket's. The other metric is balance. Working on ankle mobility and stretching are important too.

Phttps://twitter.com/Paddy_Barrett/status/1773621918475727110

I have mentioned this before too. A lot of great info on X, formerly Twitter. I shrug and laugh when people say it is a bad platform. Like life, it is what you make of it. I take the good and ignore the bad.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Sorry, didn’t get a chance to read all 5 pages. I’m looking for a functional trainer system. Anyone know a good place for a used equipment?

I absolutely agree on shoes -- I also have plantar fasciitis, but it seems to have diminished.

There is no way I'm going to run -- walking is just fine. But good shoes are needed even for that.
I bought a splint and sol ed the issue in 2 days.

I bought a splint and sol ed the issue in 2 days.
Plantar fasciitis usually doesnt resolve that quickly, no matter what you do.
Congratulations. I have orthotics and they (plus the passage of time) have helped. It is also good to do exercises to stretch the calves.
Calf stretches plus alterations to help stretch the plantar fascia. Orthotics help support the arch and fascia. Preferably custom orthotics vs OTC.

Calf stretches plus alterations to help stretch the plantar fascia. Orthotics help support the arch and fascia. Preferably custom orthotics vs OTC.
Yes, mine are custom. I'm not really enthused about them, but I do think they help. I am blessed in having health insurance that was willing to pay almost all the bill for them.

It did for me. I had it for 2 weeks and that first step in the morning was a bitch. Tried all sorts of rehab but same every morning. I bought the splint and wore it overnight and it was like magic. It was uncomfortable at first but worked for me.

Yes, mine are custom. I'm not really enthused about them, but I do think they help. I am blessed in having health insurance that was willing to pay almost all the bill for them.

It did for me. I had it for 2 weeks and that first step in the morning was a bitch. Tried all sorts of rehab but same every morning. I bought the splint and wore it overnight and it was like magic. It was uncomfortable at first but worked for me.
I had PF in both feet for 2 years. Affected both the Arch and the heal in both feet. And the real B@ of it was that I was commuting into the city at that time. It was horrible- getting Orto was a waste of time unless you are also buying new over sized shoes. Even the most high quality/fitted etc still raised my feet to high for my shoes and then I had pain on the tops of the feet too.
I did the stretches all the time but was told not to bother with the overnight splints.
One day- it seemed to just disappear. and that was over 7 years ago - but it was the worst. It is one thing when I hear an Athlete has it now, I feel for them.

Got a link to the splint? Will it fit in a frunk?

Great podcast: Foot health: preventing common injuries, enhancing strength and mobility, & picking footwear

Peter Attia's podcasts are first rate. Lots of topics discussed:

:01:11-Why Courtney chose to specialize in the foot
0:04:12-The vital role of foot strength, function, and health in human movement and well-being
0:08:25-Anatomy of the rear foot and midfoot
0:19:10-The development of flat feet, the impact of footwear, and the benefits of going barefoot
0:23:20-Anatomy of the forefoot, common injuries, and why most injuries occur in the forefoot
0:31:00-Foot musculature and its role in maintaining foot stability and preventing deformities like bunions and hammer toes
0:41:00-The intrinsic musculature of the foot, plantar fasciitis, footwear, & more
0:54:41-Plantar fasciitis: diagnosis, causes, and treatment
1:03:45-Posterior leg muscles: strength assessment methods, role in ACL injuries, & more
1:09:27-Lateral and medial muscles: ankle stability, arch support, big toe stabilization, and exercises to strengthen and prevent injuries
1:13:56-Importance of strength of lower leg muscles for gait and preventing shin splints, stress injuries, & more
1:19:21-Tendinopathies and other common pathologies related to the anterior and lateral compartments of the foot
1:26:55-The importance of midfoot integrity and ankle dorsiflexion and a discussion of gait alterations
1:34:57-Proximal stability and its implications for posture and movement patterns
1:41:23-The age-related decline in foot sensation and strength
1:45:49-Common toe injuries, treatment, and how to prevent further progression of the injury
1:57:33-Preventing falls & managing arthritis with proactive foot care & exercises
2:06:20-Footwear: advice for picking shoes that promote foot health
2:19:05-Footwear for runners
2:23:39-The importance of prioritizing footwear that promotes natural foot movement & strength while considering individual comfort & foot health needs

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT