ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are you a man with an earring?

th

So I wonder what kind of piercings do go over in his house.

On second thought, I don't want to know.

It’s funny, they don’t seem as popular anymore. But the OP is just weird...
Guess his son better not dare to manscape lol
A lot of the NFL football players used to wear them.
I remember 2008 when I was dating my ex (who resembled Reggie Bush:HeartEyes:)he had these tiny diamonds in both ears. Occasionally he would take them out for work and I'd immediately stick them in my ears. Lol I don't really see any males w/earrings anymore. Except maybe the big plugs the dudes in Brooklyn have.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
A lot of the NFL football players used to wear them.
I remember 2008 when I was dating my ex (who resembled Reggie Bush:HeartEyes:)he had these tiny diamonds in both ears. Occasionally he would take them out for work and I'd immediately stick them in my ears. Lol I don't really see any males w/earrings anymore. Except maybe the big plugs the dudes in Brooklyn have.
Yeah- my son and most of his teammates in the NFL used to have the big diamond studs too but never see any of them wearing them now that they are in the real business world.
With that said...still a very closed minded old fashioned statement by the OP.

Nope. my 19 year old son never expressed interest either, but he does have 4 tattoos. I think tats are what's wildly popular these days.

Not in my house

What if one were "gender fluid?" My 85 year old dad has an earring - would you not allow him or other friends of yours in the house if they were wearing an earring? How hard is that line? What about a man-bun? Tats? If you have kids, someday you'll realize you can't control everything they do (and shouldn't want to) after a certain age - and "banning" things might be the fastest way to a kid adopting those things just to rebel.

What if one were "gender fluid?" My 85 year old dad has an earring - would you not allow him or other friends of yours in the house if they were wearing an earring? How hard is that line? What about a man-bun? Tats? If you have kids, someday you'll realize you can't control everything they do (and shouldn't want to) after a certain age - and "banning" things might be the fastest way to a kid adopting those things just to rebel.
This is an example of bad hippie parenting.
:)

+1
Tats are a huge no-no. Talk about regrets.
You mean REGERTS? :Wink:

I recommend OP get some lotion for the dry/rough skin all that knuckle dragging is sure to generate!

Parenthetically, in about 40-50 years there’s going to be a lot of weird looking old people once those boob and pec tatts lose their battle with gravity and fat!

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ray Rice started with the huge earrings and "Chosen One" tattoo I knew he would get in trouble some day

Got mine at the Piercing Pagoda at the Brunswick Square Mall around 40 years ago. For the past 35 years, it’s just been a tiny, unused scar of youth. Guess I’m missing out on the OP’s brunch. Wah.

Got mine at the Piercing Pagoda at the Brunswick Square Mall around 40 years ago. For the past 35 years, it’s just been a tiny, unused scar of youth. Guess I’m missing out on the OP’s brunch. Wah.
yup...42 years ago Quakerbridge store. Remember back then how few guys had them and that thing about putting it your right ear lol. Let mine close about 20 years ago. Liked that pirate look when my hair was longer and I was thinner lol.

Reactions: mdh2003
Professor Nadler, GSM, Money and Banking, recounted advice he gave to a student who had an upcoming interview

Student: should I shave my beard before the interview?
Nadler: the question is, do you want to work at a place that would make you shave your beard to get a job.

A guy with an earring isn’t interested in going into your house.

I’ve made it 50+ years without an earring, but I’m seriously thinking of getting one soon, maybe just a small hoop. If they are out of style now, even more reason to get one ... I’ve never been in style yet, so why change
Just don’t get one of those that expands your ear lobes!:Shocked

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Never had an earing or tattoo. It's not because I object of them. It's just that I have a strong objection to needles of any sort. I've had my arm and leg cut open, sat calmly taking duct tape to close it shut till I could get to the hospital. But show me a needle you're about to stick in me I get quite unnerved.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Professor Nadler, GSM, Money and Banking, recounted advice he gave to a student who had an upcoming interview

Nadler: the question is, do you want to work at a place that would make you shave your beard to get a job.

Loved Nadler’s class.

Reactions: mdh2003

Loved Nadler’s class.
Dirigible.

I’ve made it 50+ years without an earring, but I’m seriously thinking of getting one soon, maybe just a small hoop. If they are out of style now, even more reason to get one ... I’ve never been in style yet, so why change
Nothing spells desperation like an old guy with an earring

Reactions: RUforester72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT