ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Audacy and Android Auto

Groz

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
A few things I don't understand. Can anyone explain to me why Audacy is not on Android Auto anymore? I assume it is a money deal, but it is a big pain in the neck while driving to have to take you cell phone and click on, for example, WFAN. Before, you could just say, "Play WFAN" and it would come on. Now it is a big time pain.

Also, not sure if anyone cares at all on this, but you get an email with a story that interests you, and you click on it to read it and it takes you to an Audacy home page of where the story is. It could take you to the homepage of WFAN, WIP or any of many stations they own.... Anyway, when you try to READ the story, there is a video box showing something and when you scroll to read the story, the video box stays on your screen and does move to the right some, BUT HALF of the story is unreadable, because the video box is blocking the right side of the story. Their homepages are WAY too cluttered. There is no button or arrow to close that video box(unless I am missing it).

I have emailed Audacy about these 2 things and they say they are working on it. As far as the Android Auto goes, my suspicion is that Google(owner of Android Auto) wants money from Audacy and will not let the app be on your car's Android Auto until they pay up.

Hopefully, some of you might have some answers.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Nobody uses Android Auto? Wonder if Apple Play has been affected.

Plus, I guess I am the only one to try to read the articles on the homepages.... LOL

Best of Luck,
Groz

Let me google that for you...

All I know is that I have been an Apple-hater for a long, long time... even before the iPhone. But Google has stumbled again and again with dropping projects and then they dropped the whole corporate ethic.. "do no evil". And they actively help China in AI and implementing a better version of Orwell's Big Brother in China.

I still hate Apple.. they treat their customers like idiots and tell them they are smart because they shouldn't have to think about technology. And the games they play with hardware, interopability and right to repair issues.. HATE THEM...

..and yet, next go around for a phone I will be joining the evil empire. My whole circle of friends and family is there and I am the dreaded green bubble.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking

All I know is that I have been an Apple-hater for a long, long time... even before the iPhone. But Google has stumbled again and again with dropping projects and then they dropped the whole corporate ethic.. "do no evil". And they actively help China in AI and implementing a better version of Orwell's Big Brother in China.

I still hate Apple.. they treat their customers like idiots and tell them they are smart because they shouldn't have to think about technology. And the games they play with hardware, interopability and right to repair issues.. HATE THEM...

..and yet, next go around for a phone I will be joining the evil empire. My whole circle of friends and family is there and I am the dreaded green bubble.
Thanks. I have googled before for the info on why it is missing, with no real answer yet. That article seemed more of an opinion. It seems funny that it would take over a month to get the app back on the car if it was a software glitch after an update.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Thanks. I have googled before for the info on why it is missing, with no real answer yet. That article seemed more of an opinion. It seems funny that it would take over a month to get the app back on the car if it was a software glitch after an update.

Best of Luck,
Groz
That's really messed up, and I can understand the frustration.

All of these different apps and the divide of stations sucks for consumers. A lot of good stations on TuneIn Radio, but I realize that the old 92.3 FM (KRock) in NYC has an HD2 station that I had hoped to listen to on Audacy through my stereo receiver, but my stereo receiver does not sync with Audacy.

The fact that anyone still listens to terrestrial radio is incredible to me. There are so many other ways to consume music and talk content... without the incessant commercials and promos... that makes it mind boggling that THAT is the medium ppl still turn to.

The fact that anyone still listens to terrestrial radio is incredible to me. There are so many other ways to consume music and talk content... without the incessant commercials and promos... that makes it mind boggling that THAT is the medium ppl still turn to.
92.3 out of NYC, particularly the HD2 station is great.
89.5 WSOU Seton Hall is great for Metal
Brookdale's station 90.5 and HD2 particularly are great for rock and alternative.
WRAT 95.9 from Point Pleasant/Belmar is good
107.1 FM out of Monmouth/Ocean County is OK for AOR, so is 105.7 The Hawk and 105.5 Out of Morris County.

Nothing wrong with terrestrial radio.

Out of Phoenix 97.9 KUPD is fantastic. Listen to that through TuneIn Radio, and live when we are out in Phoenix

I'll never by a Apple product. I won't even buy Apple stock. I walk by an Apple store and cringe WTF?
What's the purpose?
Oh, I have no idea what Audacy is. I have Sirius when I'm in my car. Enough for me

I'll never by a Apple product. I won't even buy Apple stock. I walk by an Apple store and cringe WTF?
What's the purpose?
Oh, I have no idea what Audacy is. I have Sirius when I'm in my car. Enough for me
I'm with you on Apple. For us poor Android folk, however, we have to endure text conversations with our Apple friends where they "like" or laugh at our texts and we get their emojis--something I couldn't care less about.

As far as Audacy- it is an online radio platform for select stations such as WCBS 880 AM, 1010 WINS and 92.3 FM in NYC.
Question about your Escape Hybrid--do you have AM radio?

In our Volvo Hybrid, there is no AM radio. From time to time, we will listen to 880 AM (WOR) for the Mets, 1010 WINS and WOR (Rutgers). I need to run those through the Audacy app now, which works out better, as AM reception usually not great.

I'm with you on Apple. For us poor Android folk, however, we have to endure text conversations with our Apple friends where they "like" or laugh at our texts and we get their emojis--something I couldn't care less about.

As far as Audacy- it is an online radio platform for select stations such as WCBS 880 AM, 1010 WINS and 92.3 FM in NYC.
Question about your Escape Hybrid--do you have AM radio?

In our Volvo Hybrid, there is no AM radio. From time to time, we will listen to 880 AM (WOR) for the Mets, 1010 WINS and WOR (Rutgers). I need to run those through the Audacy app now, which works out better, as AM reception usually not great.
I get AM and FM stations. I have all 3 AM stations set up on my presets along with a few FM stations like 106.7 and a classical music station.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT