ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Berhalter…OUT!!!

Question now is, do you trust the Federation to make a good choice?
They have NO choice but to do so. IMHO:

- hire someone who is incredibly familiar with this group of players and has won with them before BUT THEY RESPECT

- spend whatever you have to spend to get the best coach in the world

Last edited:
They have NO choice but to do so. IMHO:

- hire someone who is incredibly familiar with this group of players and has won with them before

- spend whatever you have to spend to get the best coach in the world
I have heard a big challenge with throwing a lot of money at a coach is the contract with the USWNT.

Doesn't matter who the coach is. The best US athletes are not playing soccer. Too boring. We have been a meh team for the past 30 years and that will continue.
Dumbest excuse ever. There are 360M Americans. Compare it to other nations and do the math based on 3 sports …even 4…instead of 1.

We went to the semis of the U20’s with Tab in 2019.

Doesn't matter who the coach is. The best US athletes are not playing soccer. Too boring. We have been a meh team for the past 30 years and that will continue.
Herb Brooks waves hello from the grave. Feel free to state that The Miracle on Ice happened almost 45 years ago, but also realize coaching matters in a sport in which "the best US athletes are not playing" and that fans can be excited about a sport even if there isn't the highest rate of success.

Trying a new coach is fine. But if the team can’t field a better, and deeper, group of defenders by the WC, then my expectations will remain low for making any noise in the WC, no matter who the coach winds up being.

Like the dog that chases his tail and finally grabs it, I've wanted GB out for a while but now that he's gone ... I'm not sure who I'd hire.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Whoop dee damn doo. How has the past several WCs gone? You are what your record says you are.
Yeah, because we had a shit coach who didn’t develop that team. I thought you would get my point, but I guess not.

Don’t disagree with the record comment, you’re absolutely right, but Berhalter has been shit since the day he was hired.

As my little league coach used to say: “Soccer is a nice sport…for the communist children!??”

Only reason he wasn’t fired before is you couldn’t make it seem like Mommy Reyna was running the team.

Reactions: Ty Webb
Soccer…🥱 like the wnba or chick basketball…a great sleeping remedy.
2ceqg8.jpg

Developing a world class soccer player is like developing a QB, WR, PG, and marathon runner all in one.

One needs to pass, receive, dribble, read/anticipate movement/spacing, and run pretty much all game with few breaks.

And this is for all positions.

The reading/anticipation part is particularly challenging (as soccer is largely free-flowing). As a team who has struggled massively at QB, we should be able to appreciate that it takes more than great athleticism…

Nah, they'll hire Megan Rapinoe and show everyone how progressive American Soccer can be. And she's a winner!
/s
According to Forbes, Rapinoe earned $8.2M in 2023. $8.2M from playing a fun game.

How much did you earn from playing a game in 2023?

You know who she is and, obviously from your post, she has taken up permanent residence in your brain. Meanwhile, she’s never heard of you, doesn’t even know you exist.

And you’re using sarcasm to call her a loser? Ironic.

Immature move. Hopefully the next coach forces him to be a pro or he sits.

I had hoped Reyna had matured a bit and was shamed a bit after the story broke about what his issues with the team and then his dipshitted parents trying to pull strings in the background.

Guess not.

True to an extent but the US team should be better than they have been.
We're probably a top-20ish team in the world, and our talent level is also probably around top-20ish. We've really been about exactly where we should be imo. However, we had former teams that punched above their weight, and we'll need that again (or need guys to really develop) if we're going to make noise.

Reactions: mildone
Don’t disagree with the record comment, you’re absolutely right, but Berhalter has been shit since the day he was hired.
I was ready for Berhalter to move on as much as anyone, but our results under Berhalter in competitions that matter (non-friendlies)...

2019 Gold Cup - lost in Final to Mexico
2021 Gold Cup - won (beat Mexico in Final)
2020 Nations League - won (beat Mexico in Final)
2022 World Cup - qualified, finished 2nd in our group, lost in Round of 16
2024 Nations League - won (beat Mexico in Final)
2024 Copa America - 3rd in group and eliminated

I think you might need to reevaluate the definition of "shit since the day he was hired"...we did a lot of good things under him, but never made that big jump forward (and the early exit in Copa America gave us a good time to move on). If making the final 16 of the World Cup is shit, do you think we're just a coach away from being something like a top 4 team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT