ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BigTen moving to three division format (Hypothetical)

Knight Owl

All Conference
Jul 27, 2001
Coastal Elite Division:
Rutgers
Maryland
UCLA
USC
Washington
Oregon

Cornhole Division:
Nebraska
Iowa
Illinois
Indiana
Minnesota
Northwestern

Rustbelt Division:
Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan St
Purdue
Wisconsin

This may or may not be true but a House subcommittee is investigating.

Reactions: Fat Koko
The point of this silly hypothetical that will never happen ?

Besides, who plays in the CC game ?

My belief is that USC and UCLA will eventually refuse to play the teams in the Cornhole Division due to perceived windy/tornadic weather and culture-shock concerns.

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
I doubt it ever happens, but it's not crazy. Obviously RU and UMD get screwed, but would the B1G Old Guard care? It works from a scheduling standpoint for football, 5 games in division, 2 in each of the other divisions.

In this case the term "Hypothetical" means the OP has been drinking all day accompanied by a some skunky smoke!

Reactions: RUPete
In this case the term "Hypothetical" means the OP has been drinking all day accompanied by a some skunky smoke!
Just having some fun…
I was working.
You just know those West Coast teams don’t want to play in the corn belt or the rust belt for that matter.

Any hypothetical that incudes a "Cornhole Division" will remain a hypothetical.
tp bunghole GIF

Beavis approves though!

Reactions: Doctor Worm
,@
Just having some fun…
I was working.
You just know those West Coast teams don’t want to play in the corn belt or the rust belt for that matter.
Who cares about what they want? Seriously. Besides makes zero sense economically and makes zero sense.
Anyway do you work in a bar?? 😉

,@

Who cares about what they want? Seriously. Besides makes zero sense economically and makes zero sense.
Anyway do you work in a bar?? 😉
Just sayin’…USC will begin making demands. Their band played with Fleetwood Mac after all!

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
Just sayin’…USC will begin making demands. Their band played with Fleetwood Mac after all!
And both the school and the band have seen better times. But nice try, I'm guessing some folks would fall for that, I "ain't" that dumb 😆

OSU, Michigan, PSU and Wisconsin are probably the top 4 B1G teams over the last decade or so and they'll all be in the Rustbelt Division? Yeah, that's really fair and will fly. Just ridiculous

Compare the Cornhole to the Rustbelt Division and it has the look of the B1G East vs West which I doubt they'll let happen again. If I remember correctly, the West never won a B1G championship game and most were mismatches. That whole scenario was beyond insane and ridiculous

Last edited:
OSU, Michigan, PSU and Wisconsin are probably the top 4 B1G teams over the last decade or so and they'll all be in the Rustbelt Division? Yeah, that's really fair and will fly. Just ridiculous

Compare the Cornhole to the Rustbelt Division and it has the look of the B1G East vs West which I doubt they'll let happen again. If I remember correctly, the West never won a B1G championship game and most were mismatches. That whole scenario was beyond insane and ridiculous
Begs the question… Could a two loss third place in the Rustbelt team make the College Football Playoff while the Cornhole champ gets screwed!?

Wisconsin and Indiana should be switched for geographic balance and also they'd be the only ones in their respective divisions in a different time zone than the rest of their division (not counting the bi-coastal division, of course).

Better than pods.

But IMO do it more geographically and it has some merit.

East, Central and West.

Play everyone in your division and do the modified zipper I came up with a few years ago…which is similar to what @Doctor Worm said above.

Better than pods.

But IMO do it more geographically and it has some merit.

East, Central and West.

Play everyone in your division and do the modified zipper I came up with a few years ago…which is similar to what @Doctor Worm said above.

In fairness, the way proposed here does at least have some geographical merit in terms of ease of commercial travel. There are so many airlines and flights to choose from between LA and Seattle and NY/DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT