ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

One to keep an eye on in the coming weeks is Iota. Iota gets a lot of flack based on their history and some of it is deserved. Most crypto run sites have huge ties to mining where they make money on the fees. Well Iota is feeless with no miners so it will hurt the miners and so on if it does well. I sent a few transactions the other night of a ERC-20 tokens cost me around $50. Crazy. $0 in fees with Iota. They have some decent partnerships too going for them. They are worth a look IMO

Reactions: bob-loblaw
One to keep an eye on in the coming weeks is Iota. Iota gets a lot of flack based on their history and some of it is deserved. Most crypto run sites have huge ties to mining where they make money on the fees. Well Iota is feeless with no miners so it will hurt the miners and so on if it does well. I sent a few transactions the other night of a ERC-20 tokens cost me around $50. Crazy. $0 in fees with Iota. They have some decent partnerships too going for them. They are worth a look IMO

I'll dig into Iota a little more. On the surface, The lack of scarcity hurts it's long term value. There's a 2 bill+ coin max circulation. I tend to shy away from coins with such a large circulation, Filecoin being the lone exception. If that hits $200 again I'll be converting that to BTC. The APY on Filecoin is sexy right now at 7.4%

The two alts I've been harping on for mos now: Elastos & Decred are doing great. I first mentioned Elastos at 1.50 on the Stocks thread. It hit $14 over the weekend and has been hovering around $12. ATH was around $90.

Decred I started buying around $30. It's up to $195 now. The on chain activity of this coin shows remarkable potential; 60% rake of staking?!?! That coin is capped similar to BTC at 21 million.

I harp on max supply repeatedly as it's (IMO) a good barometer of a coin that could pop as it forces scarcity. Digital scarcity will be valued more than physical scarcity in the coming decade. I know multiple people who lost thousands chasing the "next Bitcoin" buying into ICO's and shitcoins in 2018. Sadly a good amount of them fled BTC that was in freefall at that point. They drank the koolaid of of coin X and didnt realize that there were a trillion coins planned.

I'm all-in on Lohans ($L)

lindsay_lohan_nft.jpg

hurry-up suckers...

Yawn. Post something of value or a maybe a legitimate question or concern. Im honestly surprised this thread hasnt seen more shitposts
who died and made you thread police?

get a grip - starting a thread doesn't give you ownership.

and I've read most of what you've posted. It's 80% amateur hour and 20% complete b.s.

or maybe you just hate Lindsay Lohan art?

Last edited:

and I've read most of what you've posted. It's 80% amateur hour and 20% complete b.s.

^^^^^ troll

I'm glad you have the time to read most of what I've posted and so accurately score it out. I am grateful for this service you've so gleefully provided for me. 👏

Since you've so graciously donated your time to score my posts, I'd love to hear something of value in regards to my "20% complete b.s." posts in this thread. Since the other 80% is amateur hour, I'd much rather focus on what you so eloquently declared to be false.

Condescension aside, I hope you can provide some solid counter points to any of my crypto posts. I'm also trying to figure out what you were trying to convey with your original post. Are you anti nft's, btc, crypto or just lilo in general.

Holy hell BTC. I picked up a healthy chunk last night as a precursor to any inflation news or the coinbase ipo. Like usual, I regret not owning more.

Not sure what will be a bigger fomo moment, ETF's approved or Apple potentially buying in.

Holy hell BTC. I picked up a healthy chunk last night as a precursor to any inflation news or the coinbase ipo. Like usual, I regret not owning more.

Not sure what will be a bigger fomo moment, ETF's approved or Apple potentially buying in.
Lots of holy crap events on the horizon! :)

Will this run up in crypto be buy the rumor, sell the news? Or will this run continue? My guess is the former. Any sell off will be short term.

Will this run up in crypto be buy the rumor, sell the news? Or will this run continue? My guess is the former. Any sell off will be short term.
Based on past halfing cycles, it has a lot of more room to run. Likely through the end of the year. However, we have never seem so much aggressive institutional money pouring into BTC and ETH. I assume this cycle will be different from the others, but how, who the hell knows.

The problem is that when people sell the news, bitcoin is being gobbled up by Wall St.

The narrative by a lot if bitcoin insiders is that were only in the bottom of the first when it comes to bitcoin.

I truly believe it will hit the market cap of gold in the next couple of years. If it does that, its a 500k coin

BTC +64K, almost hits $65k. ETH breaks the $2400 level. Today should be nutty with COIN.

I have about $400 in XRP stuck in Coinbase due to halt. Anyone know how or which wallet to move it to in order to cash out USD.

Or should I just leave there and hope one day trades again and much higher value.

Just technically speaking, having battled with that 62ish level for a bit, and now finally breaking through(ETH is similar as well) I'm thinking it wants to run. Agree?

I'm also think we are pretty clearly entering another phase of acceptance. Perhaps that is what is fueling the above mentioned break out.

Another question...just remembered I had some ETH is my ether wallet. With new app, can’t access with just my address and private key. Don’t recall making 24 word backup. I have the bar code but can’t seem to get in since app is new since 2018

I have about $400 in XRP stuck in Coinbase due to halt. Anyone know how or which wallet to move it to in order to cash out USD.

Or should I just leave there and hope one day trades again and much higher value.

A couple of different options here. First is to move it to a hardware wallet like a Trezor or Ledger if you want to hold it long term.
If youre looking to sell it, itll be tough. Most of the US exchanges that I know of delisted it. If I was in your situation, I would open an account on Kucoin. It's a foreign exchange. You dont need to do KYC verification. If youre just looking to cash out, I would transfer it all into an account there, then convert it to Tether, then transfer to Binance.us for USD.

Another question...just remembered I had some ETH is my ether wallet. With new app, can’t access with just my address and private key. Don’t recall making 24 word backup. I have the bar code but can’t seem to get in since app is new since 2018

Without knowing what the wallet it is, it's difficult to say. I also would NOT post any more personal details here about it. Look online for more details. Im sure there is someone else in the same boat. Just remember to provide no personal details anywhere

ETH breaks the $2500 level.
I’m very happy with the direction ETH is going and I’m definitely top heavy on my position and who wouldn’t be right now, at least until a possible correction if that happens. As far a Doge goes its crazy stuff, my gut told me to dabble a little which I did but now it definitely has popped 🤦‍♂️.

I’m very happy with the direction ETH is going and I’m definitely top heavy on my position and who wouldn’t be right now, at least until a possible correction if that happens. As far a Doge goes its crazy stuff, my gut told me to dabble a little which I did but now it definitely has popped 🤦‍♂️.

I regret ditching my position on Doge, but I flipped that into BTC so I dont feel too bad.

Sadly, I think we're long overdue for a 51% attack on a somewhat prominent coin. Doge (to me) seems like a potential hit as it's merge mined with LTC. Who knows. Either way, people who have held are seeing a pretty nice return.

ETH, I worry about those transaction fees, gas costs and the perpetually growing supply of tokens. I worry that the way tht blockchain is evolving, something comparable, faster and cheaper will start siphoning off market share from ETH. I equate holding ETH to holding IBM since the late 90's. It's not going away, it's not going to really crash and burn, but at some point youre going to hit that ATH moment and may miss out your opportunity to cash out. That being said, ETH is still about 8% of my crypto portfolio. It's one of the 4 coins/tokens I believe in, along with BTC, DCR & ELA.

With the exception of Filecoin, I've given up on trying to time jumping in and out of certain coins

Reactions: Zimm80
I regret ditching my position on Doge, but I flipped that into BTC so I dont feel too bad.

Sadly, I think we're long overdue for a 51% attack on a somewhat prominent coin. Doge (to me) seems like a potential hit as it's merge mined with LTC. Who knows. Either way, people who have held are seeing a pretty nice return.

ETH, I worry about those transaction fees, gas costs and the perpetually growing supply of tokens. I worry that the way tht blockchain is evolving, something comparable, faster and cheaper will start siphoning off market share from ETH. I equate holding ETH to holding IBM since the late 90's. It's not going away, it's not going to really crash and burn, but at some point youre going to hit that ATH moment and may miss out your opportunity to cash out. That being said, ETH is still about 8% of my crypto portfolio. It's one of the 4 coins/tokens I believe in, along with BTC, DCR & ELA.

With the exception of Filecoin, I've given up on trying to time jumping in and out of certain coins
Read up on EIP-1559. Tokens will start being burned which will not only reduce inflation, but likely turn it negative

Most companies using the ETH blockchain don't care about gas fees since their transactions are large. Regardless, all of the layer 2 upgrades will greatly lower fees until ETH 2.0 is ready to go.

ETH is the future of defi and will grow, grow, grow. BTC and ETH are complimentary and were designed to do vastly different things. I have ETH and BTC at equal weights in my crypto portfolio. Over the past year:

BTC = +880%
ETH = +1,605%

Yeah the jumping in and out can be a daunting task especially because it’s twenty four x 7s I’ve seen some of the biggest gains in the early morning hours and that can go the other way in a heartbeat. I definitely heard you in regards to ELA, and would have already doubled up , the thing is using the wallets for me is something I’m grasping, it’s like everything nowadays tech wise you have to learn or you’ll be left behind.

What is Pi (in the crypto space)?

Is it just hogwash or is it something really in the future that can be monetized?

Yeah the jumping in and out can be a daunting task especially because it’s twenty four x 7s I’ve seen some of the biggest gains in the early morning hours and that can go the other way in a heartbeat. I definitely heard you in regards to ELA, and would have already doubled up , the thing is using the wallets for me is something I’m grasping, it’s like everything nowadays tech wise you have to learn or you’ll be left behind.
ELA is my baby. Such an amazing project.

I felt the same way w the wallets initially. Its not horrible to use once you understand the ideas behind it.

ETH is the future of defi and will grow, grow, grow. BTC and ETH are complimentary and were designed to do vastly different things.
I agree with you here. You have to do what you're comfortable with, but I would feel uncomfortable with that much in eth or whichever eth fund you have it in. The thing about a utility is that other utilities can just as easily pop up doing a comparable thing , maybe even better. Look at NEO its essentially Chinese ETH.

Now you could just as easily she same can be said of bitcoin and all the shitty hard forks that have occurred. Thats going to keep happening, but its like saying that silver is more precious than gold. It's going to take a black swan to knock btc off of its perch. Id strongly consider pivoting to more btc. Esp, with your eth earnings. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I agree with you here. You have to do what you're comfortable with, but I would feel uncomfortable with that much in eth or whichever eth fund you have it in. The thing about a utility is that other utilities can just as easily pop up doing a comparable thing , maybe even better. Look at NEO its essentially Chinese ETH.

Now you could just as easily she same can be said of bitcoin and all the shitty hard forks that have occurred. Thats going to keep happening, but its like saying that silver is more precious than gold. It's going to take a black swan to knock btc off of its perch. Id strongly consider pivoting to more btc. Esp, with your eth earnings. Just my unsolicited 2 cents.
To be clear, I don't think BTC will ever be knocked off of its market cap perch, just that ETH has more room to grow. That's why I am equal weight.

To be clear, I don't think BTC will ever be knocked off of its market cap perch, just that ETH has more room to grow. That's why I am equal weight.

I hear ya. I just think long term, youre going to see much more growth from BTC compared to ETH.

It’s a embarrassment to legit crypto projects that Doge is pumping like it is. It has no legit project behind it.
I assume it is just the Reddit/WSB crew doing this nonsense. Just like with GME and AMC and many other stocks.

Reactions: Postman_1
It’s a embarrassment to legit crypto projects that Doge is pumping like it is. It has no legit project behind it.

I wouldnt call it an embarrassment. Its just the nature of the meme. When you have someone like Elon, who is the master of irony and trolling shilling it, it adds viability to it in a roundabout ironic way. Obviously, I'd much rather see that $$$ into other coins, but it's drawing people (ie: youth) into the world of crypto, which I'm all for

I wouldnt call it an embarrassment. Its just the nature of the meme. When you have someone like Elon, who is the master of irony and trolling shilling it, it adds viability to it in a roundabout ironic way. Obviously, I'd much rather see that $$$ into other coins, but it's drawing people (ie: youth) into the world of crypto, which I'm all for
I agree it draws people in and that is good for crypto. Elon kinda reminds me of when McAfee was shilling crypto back in 2017. Every few days it was a new shit coin. Later it came out he was getting paid to shill them. Mark Cuban announces that you can buy Mavs tickets with Doge, you can bet that Cuban probably purchased a decent amount before then. Interest in crypto is good like you said I just with it was towards more technical crypto projects.

ADVERTISEMENT