ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Brad Underwood

Doesn’t look like a fun coach to play for
Funny. I was just looking at his resume because he's been new to the B1G around Pikes time. He's a fracking great coach who's done nothing but win. Take him in a nano second.

Just Google his results.ill take him over Mr. Nice guy any day and twice on Sunday.

Screenshot-20240204-200015.png
Screenshot-20240204-200048.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyo
I was just going off his demeanor during games. Never said he wasn’t good. Winning makes it all better. He started at a higher floor than Pike, maybe not a fair comparison.

He was robbed when HC at SFA by ND in round of 32….excellent coach though limited tourney success recently

I was just going off his demeanor during games. Never said he wasn’t good. Winning makes it all better. He started at a higher floor than Pike, maybe not a fair comparison.
No idea what "floor" means when you compare his record vs. Pikes in the B1G. Did the kid from up RT 22 mention that as the reason Brad found him while Rutgers never offered in their earlier years?

You said he didn't look like a fun coach to play for. I was pointing out that apparently he's got plenty of kids who not only don't care but perhaps relish the opportunity to win and achieve..

Sorry. Not trying to pick..just expressing my old school opinion that demanding coaches seem to excell.

The ref swore at him when he tried to argue a call, that’s why he went nuts.

FWIW his players love him. But he recruits guys who want to be coached hard. He is a bad fit for people who don’t want to be challenged.

He’s a guy whose bark is worse than his bite. He gets respect from his team and he doesn’t lose the locker room. Works the refs hard for sure but he’s a great coach and his kids seem to like playing for him.

Underwood recruits players that will be successful in a power conference.Pikiell has depended on player development which must be changed in future seasons to be successful in the expanded B1G Ten.Demanding head coaches must show winning at a high level to keep players motivated and minimize transfers,Hurley is a head coach that has quickly made UConn back to a elite basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT