ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cargo Shorts...

I like basic solid color non v neck Vince t shirts. Super comfortable.

And that photo was a joke. Short, long, cargo pants are hideous.

How thin is thin with regard to t-shirt? Too thin and IMO it's a girls shirt. But that's just me.
Better check your station wear.

Wonder if the 511 tactical shorts would pass muster here? Some jolly vollies sometimes where them on low impact work details:
73285_720_01.jpg

Is it possible there's men on this board who won't wear a basic, everyday T shirt to do errands, or go for a walk?

This thread is the latest manifestation showing the wildly divergent views on this board. Is xyz college worth it? Is this cut of meat or that better? Is it worth spending $x for a meal? PRivate golf club or public course? BBQ grill type, ....on and on. The experience base, net worth, income, age, background, and general preference are so varied that it makes for unsavory exchanges among supposed cohorts. God, please let football camp begin so at least we can argue about QBs, schemes, redshirt or not, and such....

I wear jeans and a comfortable cotton Oxford shirt or maybe a golf shirt (and yes, once in awhile a t-shirt) every day at work for 27 years, and at home, I wear jeans if it's cold, and cargo shorts if it's warm, sometimes with the same work shirts, sometimes with a cotton t-shirt - quite often with a Rutgers or travel or music theme (my favorite bands).

Dressing up, for me, is once in a great while, I'll wear khakis, like to maybe a wedding or a funeral (or the 3% of high end restaurants that don't allow shorts or jeans, as I won't deny myself really, really great food - I'm not a martyr).

And I've never had an issue, either at work (I'm paid pretty well and am in R&D where what you bring to the project is all that matters - not how you look) or anywhere else - and if someone actually had an issue with me being "underdressed" they never said anything (probably because those folks tend to have no balls, lol).

Personally, I think people who dress up so much are nuts, as it's expensive and generally less comfortable (anyone who says wearing a tie and a jacket isn't uncomfortable vs. jeans and a t-shirt is simply full of shit), but I get that some jobs seem to require it, so I can at least understand it, but I wouldn't have started a thread on it either.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Khakis to a wedding? I have seen that before...on 10 year olds.

Well, at my wedding, I wore cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and sneakers, as it was an outdoor "punk-rock-picnic" where everyone was dressed very casually. Except for my wife, who wore a fairly standard wedding dress, with sneakers, so she could still run around and play frisbee and volleyball. So me wearing khakis to someone else's wedding is a big deal for me, lol.

This thread is the latest manifestation showing the wildly divergent views on this board. Is xyz college worth it? Is this cut of meat or that better? Is it worth spending $x for a meal? PRivate golf club or public course? BBQ grill type, ....on and on. The experience base, net worth, income, age, background, and general preference are so varied that it makes for unsavory exchanges among supposed cohorts. God, please let football camp begin so at least we can argue about QBs, schemes, redshirt or not, and such....

In a public university in one of the most diverse states, expect nothing less. I prefer it this way.

I think we have a different idea of what is high end. I can't think of one place that would allow cargo shorts that I would go to. And you would feel like a mook if you wore them there.
I'm in the Los Angeles area 4-5 times/year for business. Primarily Century City, Glendale, & Pasadena. I have no idea what you're talking about because the plastic people have absolutely no problem showing up to a dinner meeting in shorts. I'm a straight man, so I've never honestly looked to see if they have pockets or not.

Well, at my wedding, I wore cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and sneakers, as it was an outdoor "punk-rock-picnic" where everyone was dressed very casually. Except for my wife, who wore a fairly standard wedding dress, with sneakers, so she could still run around and play frisbee and volleyball. So me wearing khakis to someone else's wedding is a big deal for me, lol.

And your wedding was undoubtedly more fun than any white-tie douche bro's.

Reactions: RU848789
And your wedding was undoubtedly more fun than any white-tie douche bro's.

We certainly think it was, but we're a little biased, although I can say that about 5 other couples went the casual outdoor route after attending our wedding. Having the best DJ on the planet - Matt Pinfield, before he joined MTV - also made it pretty special. I'm sure our resident fashionistas would've been appalled.

Yep, best wedding I was ever at (besides my own - and I was fkn styled) was simple, no dress code, no fancy bs.

Matt Pinfield DJed? Rad.p

I like PB & J

My son likes PB

My wife doesn't like any of it.

People have different tastes

Yep, best wedding I was ever at (besides my own - and I was fkn styled) was simple, no dress code, no fancy bs.

Matt Pinfield DJed? Rad.p

I've posted about Matt a few times, but here's the short version. We became friends in the early 80s, through a mutual friend who worked at WRSU and then I heard him DJ-ing great punk/alt tunes at Tod's a little NB club and then about a year later he started at the Melody Bar (around '84), where he became a local legend. He was also in a cool NB band, Opium Vala.

I used to go 2-3 nights a week on nights he was spinning (and I often helped bring in the crates of vinyl and bring it back out at the end of the night - even got to spin a song or two when he was on a long "break") and met my future wife there one night in 1987 when he was DJ-ing. In 1990, he arranged for my proposal to my future wife for me, on stage, at the Fastlane, during a Wonder Stuff show (our favorite band at the time - huge in the UK/Europe, but only modestly successful here).

And then he DJ-ed our wedding in 1991, which was a pretty big deal even back then, as he was becoming very well known as DJ and program director at WHTG (106.3 in Eatontown) one of the best known alternative stations in the 80s/90s. He then became host of MTV's 120 minutes in '94 and that was his big break nationally. He just left his gig on Lithium (90s alt/grunge) on SiriusXM to be the morning DJ on SF's KFOG and his autobiography comes out in September: "All These Things That I've Done: My Insane, Improbable Rock Life." And he still comes back to NB most years for the annual Melody Bar Reunions at the Elks, which draw over 300 aging rockers every year.

I was in Bloomingdales and noticed designer t-shirts that looked like some sort of lyrcra material. However, I checked the tags and they were 100% cotton.

I can't help to laugh at the fashionista males who are spending 200%-300% markups on "designer" closing made in third world countries. If you are going to spend an arm and a leg on some clothing, buy Made in the USA.

I however did not notice any cargo shorts ....

I've posted about Matt a few times, but here's the short version. We became friends in the early 80s, through a mutual friend who worked at WRSU and then I heard him DJ-ing great punk/alt tunes at Tod's a little NB club and then about a year later he started at the Melody Bar (around '84), where he became a local legend. He was also in a cool NB band, Opium Vala.

I used to go 2-3 nights a week on nights he was spinning (and I often helped bring in the crates of vinyl and bring it back out at the end of the night - even got to spin a song or two when he was on a long "break") and met my future wife there one night in 1987 when he was DJ-ing. In 1990, he arranged for my proposal to my future wife for me, on stage, at the Fastlane, during a Wonder Stuff show (our favorite band at the time - huge in the UK/Europe, but only modestly successful here).

And then he DJ-ed our wedding in 1991, which was a pretty big deal even back then, as he was becoming very well known as DJ and program director at WHTG (106.3 in Eatontown) one of the best known alternative stations in the 80s/90s. He then became host of MTV's 120 minutes in '94 and that was his big break nationally. He just left his gig on Lithium (90s alt/grunge) on SiriusXM to be the morning DJ on SF's KFOG and his autobiography comes out in September: "All These Things That I've Done: My Insane, Improbable Rock Life." And he still comes back to NB most years for the annual Melody Bar Reunions at the Elks, which draw over 300 aging rockers every year.
Pinfield's rock stories and classic:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT