ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Charity golf outing for former RU coach

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Just received this email, passing it along in case anyone is interested...

Hello RU Classmates,
I hope everyone is doing well.
We are putting on a First Annual RU Golf Tournament to benefit Former Track Coach Sandee Petway. Please note, she was the first African American Female Track Coach at Rutgers University. Unfortunately, she was hit head on from a drunk driver after leaving church. She is currently paralyzed from the waist down, and is fighting for her life.
On October 8th, we are planning to do a Golf Tournament to help defray some of her medical expenses. Please find attached flyer for more information. Or please make a donation for any amount. Our current Athletic Director - Pat Hobbs will be playing in the tournament that weekend. RU will also be honoring Sandee for the 50th anniversary of Title IX at half time of the RU football game.
Please select the link below to secure your Foursome or Sponsorship:
https://charitygolftoday.com/event?e=2967&ce=897eac

She was my wife's coach. My wife was on the team from 1975 through 1979 although her last year she gave up cross country and was on the field hockey team

Reactions: newell138
Just received this email, passing it along in case anyone is interested...

Hello RU Classmates,
I hope everyone is doing well.
We are putting on a First Annual RU Golf Tournament to benefit Former Track Coach Sandee Petway. Please note, she was the first African American Female Track Coach at Rutgers University. Unfortunately, she was hit head on from a drunk driver after leaving church. She is currently paralyzed from the waist down, and is fighting for her life.
On October 8th, we are planning to do a Golf Tournament to help defray some of her medical expenses. Please find attached flyer for more information. Or please make a donation for any amount. Our current Athletic Director - Pat Hobbs will be playing in the tournament that weekend. RU will also be honoring Sandee for the 50th anniversary of Title IX at half time of the RU football game.
Please select the link below to secure your Foursome or Sponsorship:
https://charitygolftoday.com/event?e=2967&ce=897eac
that is just awful, in my prayers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT