ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chicken

Is you're vegan friend chubby? Is this friend someone I know?

I like to eat things that eat veggies. We could grill his ass up, have a party. Veggies aren't food. They're what food eats.

I'm just saying.

The wife just bought me a brand new Weber Genesis for Father's Day. It was delivered 2 hours ago. Let's roll.

Reactions: R1776U and mildone
Again, harborer of great wisdom that you are, I figured you realized the "we" referred to the posters in this thread who lit you on fire. Not coincidentally, the "you" referred to you, quite specifically, RutgerSammy. I even dropped not so subtle hints, including an allusion to the fact that multiple posters have told you to GTFO. Instead of following that sound advice, you insist on making yourself look dumber by slicing and dicing my quote up like a sous chef with hooks for hands.

What we have here -- since you won't recognize it on your own -- is the perfect opportunity for you to finally cut your losses and slink away quietly.

15n982.jpg

Ya take yourself for example.. A pompous and braggadocios post claiming to represent an entire group of people. An unexamined life isn't worth living junior.
I was thinking, perhaps he's right; perhaps I should examine my life. So I've examined my massively carnivorous life. And you're right. I feel it's much worthier now that I've examined it so closely.

I also find that I'm quite happy and content to eat lots and lots of dead animals. But if it makes you feel better, I will continue to not like seafood, which are also living creatures. And I will avoid certain veggies (beans, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.) so as to increase the available food supply for those people who don't eat animals.

I feel so much better now. :)

I was thinking, perhaps he's right; perhaps I should examine my life. So I've examined my massively carnivorous life. And you're right. I feel it's much worthier now that I've examined it so closely.

I also find that I'm quite happy and content to eat lots and lots of dead animals. But if it makes you feel better, I will continue to not like seafood, which are also living creatures. And I will avoid certain veggies (beans, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.) so as to increase the available food supply for those people who don't eat animals.

I feel so much better now. :)

Good luck moving forward.

Again, harborer of great wisdom that you are, I figured you realized the "we" referred to the posters in this thread who lit you on fire. Not coincidentally, the "you" referred to you, quite specifically, RutgerSammy. I even dropped not so subtle hints, including an allusion to the fact that multiple posters have told you to GTFO. Instead of following that sound advice, you insist on making yourself look dumber by slicing and dicing my quote up like a sous chef with hooks for hands.

What we have here -- since you won't recognize it on your own -- is the perfect opportunity for you to finally cut your losses and slink away quietly.

Nah, usually the victor doesn't have to explain things to the extent you have been. And seeing that you didn't even reply directly to and quote my post, you've likely exhausted your mental capacity. I've yet to read anything intelligent, interesting or convincing from you anyway. But I hope you're taking notes.. and also hope your blood pressure isn't rising at the moment.

Good luck moving forward.
I'm fine moving forward and backward. It's changing direction rapidly that's getting harder and harder as I age and gain weight. The sheep are almost able to elude me now. Very concerning, let me tell you.

I'm fine moving forward and backward. It's changing direction rapidly that's getting harder and harder as I age and gain weight. The sheep are almost able to elude me now. Very concerning, let me tell you.

I wish you actually entertained me.

Alright guys I'm done picking on you. I'm ignoring those that couldn't keep up.. mildone & fanu in particular.

Alright guys I'm done picking on you. I'm ignoring those that couldn't keep up.. mildone & fanu in particular. So keep on talking if you like. I'm not listening.
Don't stop please. I may not be entertaining you, but you're totally entertaining me. LOL

Seriously, keep picking on us. This is great.

The wife just bought me a brand new Weber Genesis for Father's Day. It was delivered 2 hours ago. Let's roll.
Huh. Thought I'd replied to this but can't see it. There was a fair amount of cannibalistic allusion to it, so maybe it got deleted. Or maybe I just forgot to post it and closed the browser tab.

Anyway, congrats on the new grill. I have the same one in stainless w/the sear burner and side-burner. I like it a lot.

Edit: BTW, if you don't already have it, don't get the Webber grill cover for it. I bought the cover when I got the grille and it was okay the first year, but it seems to be very cheaply made and the outer material is starting to flake off. Also, except when it's hot out, it's very stiff, which makes it a bit awkward to put on again after the grill cools off in cold weather.

If you already got it, I'll be interested to know if you experience the same defects.

Huh. Thought I'd replied to this but can't see it. There was a fair amount of cannibalistic allusion to it, so maybe it got deleted. Or maybe I just forgot to post it and closed the browser tab.

Anyway, congrats on the new grill. I have the same one in stainless w/the sear burner and side-burner. I like it a lot.

Edit: BTW, if you don't already have it, don't get the Webber grill cover for it. I bought the cover when I got the grille and it was okay the first year, but it seems to be very cheaply made and the outer material is starting to flake off. Also, except when it's hot out, it's very stiff, which makes it a bit awkward to put on again after the grill cools off in cold weather.

If you already got it, I'll be interested to know if you experience the same defects.

I'll let you know about the cover, because I was sitting here pondering an order from Amazon when the wife came home and said "the cover is in the trunk of my car." It's the fitted Weber cover, so I'll keep an eye on it.

And yeah, it's perfect for me. It's the 310, so it doesn't have the side burner which is fine with me. The prior grill was one of those stainless steel freaking monsters, purchased from Fortunoff about 10 years ago. It was really pretty but it also really sucked.

I have some beautiful ribeyes in the refrigerator. Tomorrow they're going on the fire. I'll make sure to light a candle for the fine, noble bovine that gave its life for my enjoyment.

Reactions: mildone
Nah, usually the victor doesn't have to explain things to the extent you have been. And seeing that you didn't even reply directly to and quote my post, you've likely exhausted your mental capacity. I've yet to read anything intelligent, interesting or convincing from you anyway. But I hope you're taking notes.. and also hope your blood pressure isn't rising at the moment.

lulz. Edging out a win is for competitive games. I like to mercy-rule the opponent while force him into having nothing better to say than, "You didn't quote me, you lose. Right? Please?"

It's been five innings ... and it looks like you just walked off the field, hat and ice pack in hand.

Where are you located?
We're located in Howell. My wife takes care of the animals she graduated from RU Animal Science. Me I'm a self taught entomologist so I take care of the fruit orchards. Plum Curculio's did quite a number on this years crop. For all you meat lovers out there, our animals have a great life running in the fields and playing until we off with their heads and eat them. Chicken, Duck and coming soon pork.

lulz. Edging out a win is for competitive games. I like to mercy-rule the opponent while force him into having nothing better to say than, "You didn't quote me, you lose. Right? Please?"

It's been five innings ... and it looks like you just walked off the field, hat and ice pack in hand.
More like he's go an ice pick in hand and you and I better not get too near to him until he cools off some and remembers he loves us. :)

Reactions: FanuSanu52
'atta boy!
I got a bit of a chuckle out of your message with your avatar of James Gandolfini and the 'atta boy'. I worked tech support at a cable company many years ago during the height of the Sopranos. We had James as one of our customers. I actually got a call from his wife at the time about a modem problem. Anyway, I'll never forget, his password was 'atta boy'.
By the way, he did subscribe to HBO.

As for the chickens and etc., we'll all be dead eventually. Eat whatever tastes good.

Reactions: R1776U
Growing up with my Dad smoking cigars and Mom smoking cigarettes, trucks and buses spewing clouds of black smoke, chasing after the mosquito spray truck down the street, consuming large quantities of sugar & salt, eating burgers, hot dogs, canned veggies, processed lunch meats, drinking whole milk, eating white bread, butter and mayo, I have no idea I have survived approaching 70 years old.
Mickey Mantle Quote. If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Mickey Mantle Quote. If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

I believe that both Mantle's father and grandfather died at about 40. When Mantle was hurt in the 1951 world series, he shared a hospital room with his father. Mantle told a sportwriter once that he just wanted to make it until 40. "Play until you're 40?," the sportswriter asked, surprised. "No, live until I'm 40," Mantle replied.

Reactions: The Original Rah
I got a bit of a chuckle out of your message with your avatar of James Gandolfini and the 'atta boy'. I worked tech support at a cable company many years ago during the height of the Sopranos. We had James as one of our customers. I actually got a call from his wife at the time about a modem problem. Anyway, I'll never forget, his password was 'atta boy'.
By the way, he did subscribe to HBO.

As for the chickens and etc., we'll all be dead eventually. Eat whatever tastes good.
Well that's something I never knew about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT