ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
91MM total infections. Wow that seems pretty high. Trying to understand how they got that.....not very clear in their site.

I remember back in the summer after a bunch of states did seropostivity tests, it was thought to be about 10% of the population. But I don’t think this analysis is based on that? Would love to see updated seropositivity analysis.

28% of the population would be great though, and not unrealistic given how bad things got since the 10% estimates.
Seems a little high. But the real # is without question significantly higher then the current 20Mil.

Reactions: Greg2020
Prove it.

The burden of proof is on you.

You, made the silly comment that they were having a grand old time dancing around while not at work.

Yeah, I've seen dozens of these and you have the idea that all of these folks came into work early or stayed late to prance around like kids? 😂😂😂😄😄😄😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣

They weren't doing it in 1918.

Why don't you start with California for starters. Or in the great state of NJ. Where Murphy has ruled with an iron fist and cases went up anyway. Pick your poison.

Now we are shifting the goal posts to so and so isn't wearing the mask correctly? Lol

Masks don't do jack shit against viruses.

Maybe N95 in controlled settings such as surgeries.

Maskhole sheep want to feel safe and secure so they preach face diapers as their religion

And then they still catch CV anyways.

Who's gonna remove the millions of masks from the ocean floors?

Seems a little high. But the real # is without question significantly higher then the current 20Mil.

For sure, at a minimum 60-70MM based on where we were at this summer. I’d like to see updated regional antibody testing analysis though.....although I wonder if that testing becomes flawed over time.

The burden of proof is on you.

You, made the silly comment that they were having a grand old time dancing around while not at work.

Yeah, I've seen dozens of these and you have the idea that all of these folks came into work early or stayed late to prance around like kids? 😂😂😂😄😄😄😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣

They weren't doing it in 1918.
How is the burden of proof on me? They are innocent of these ridiculous accusations in my eyes. You want to accuse, then you prove it.

Reactions: Greg2020 and pmvon

Maskhole sheep want to feel safe and secure so they preach face diapers as their religion

Dude I feel like you're spitting all over the computer while you type this. Almost makes me want to wear a mask while reading it.

The current upticks in those countries are blips relative to ours.

It's true those upticks do show that even the countries that have done the best controlling the virus can at times struggle with it, but the results, to this point, have been that time and again those countries were able to get in under control eventually.

Would be surprised if that is not the case again this time.
Of course they are since they shut everything down at the first sign of positive cases. If you want that here ( most don’t... even the staunch ) be my guest as you only quicken the pace of the US economy’s destruction. SK 54985 cases with 895 deaths yes minimal but they are already in phase 2 -3 alert... closing everything off... see If the US population would accept that again.

How is the burden of proof on me? They are innocent of these ridiculous accusations in my eyes. You want to accuse, then you prove it.

if they are doing this in full hospital outfits in the hallways then its likely during work with most on a break...its still in appropriate to post these videos, if they want to blow off steam fine, but when I could not see my sick mother in the hospital for 3 weeks while stuff like this is allowed.. and we see family members being brought in to dance with them, it makes you wonder

Of course they are since they shut everything down at the first sign of positive cases. If you want that here ( most don’t... even the staunch ) be my guest as you only quicken the pace of the US economy’s destruction. SK 54985 cases with 895 deaths yes minimal but they are already in phase 2 -3 alert... closing everything off... see If the US population would accept that again.
Why is South Korea's economy not being destroyed by their measures?

You are wasting your time and breath ... It’s evident these folks love sitting at home especially those who have a few $$$$. They refrain from any discussion or even attempting to understand the other position since they have been taught that early on starting in childhood from mom, dad , teachers , and now the internet Gods . Some here refuse to consider any opposing thoughts since your way of thinking does not warrant debate unless it suits their group. Meanwhile have a great Tuesday... get out and enjoy the fresh air and freedom to roam.

if they are doing this in full hospital outfits in the hallways then its likely during work with most on a break...its still in appropriate to post these videos, if they want to blow off steam fine, but when I could not see my sick mother in the hospital for 3 weeks while stuff like this is allowed.. and we see family members being brought in to dance with them, it makes you wonder
Since when are santa hats part of full hospital outfits?

If you're so offended by them then don't search them out.

Why is South Korea's economy not being destroyed by their measures?
Because it only started recently again after 8 months...if levels increase it will shutdown... their major industries have remained open during the entire situation ... I don’t concern myself with SK’s economy ... I’m concerned about keeping ours afloat and you should too...

I know I've contributed to the unproductive back and forth, but how bout we reign this thing in and get back on topic?
This is hysterical! Did you just call a fake time out to take a bathroom break? Than start all over again less than an hour later and non stop since!
Can't make this shit up 😂

Saw another NJ.com Editorial today from former Gov. Jim Mc G on prisons an the inordinate number of deaths amongst staff and prisoners. From the statistics I just went over it does not appear to be true especially regarding NJ. Actually , the Reverend Jim ( cough) needs to take a better a look ...Reverend Jim how about investigating the inordinate number of deaths which occurred in nursing care and veteran’s facilities during 2020? I would guess those are more of a stain on society than the very few which occurred in the NJDOC system even actual positive cases based upon population numbers sounds somewhat low. Perhaps Jim and the state should discuss that travesty ? Then he can write an oped for the Star Liar?

Once again you're clueless. SK never had a "shutdown" as they didn't need it, since they aggressively contained the virus with massive early testing, augmented by tracing/isolating and universal masking. They have the least impacted economy, by far, of major democracies. They also are not in "lockdown" now, although they've put in more restrictions than they've had in awhile, including only having indoor dining until 9 pm (but not eliminating it).

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/1...conomic-impact-recession-south-korea-success/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cases-remain-near-record-levels-idUSKBN29100Q

I couldn't see my dying mother in the hospital back in April either, but I would never begrudge the bravest, most stressed out workers in America, who have given so much for all of us, a few minutes of fun amidst a year of heartache and death, where thousands of these health care workers have died helping to keep hundreds of thousands alive. I think you need to rethink your position here.

Once again you're clueless. SK never had a "shutdown" as they didn't need it, since they aggressively contained the virus with massive early testing, augmented by tracing/isolating and universal masking. They have the least impacted economy, by far, of major democracies. They also are not in "lockdown" now, although they've put in more restrictions than they've had in awhile, including only having indoor dining until 9 pm (but not eliminating it).

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/1...conomic-impact-recession-south-korea-success/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cases-remain-near-record-levels-idUSKBN29100Q

South Korea reacted to this very early. They started screen flights from China in early Jan. They distributed 750,000 masks to office workers early.

Here is a link to the timeline.

91MM total infections. Wow that seems pretty high. Trying to understand how they got that.....not very clear in their site.

I remember back in the summer after a bunch of states did seropostivity tests, it was thought to be about 10% of the population. But I don’t think this analysis is based on that? Would love to see updated seropositivity analysis.

28% of the population would be great though, and not unrealistic given how bad things got since the 10% estimates.
It is from the ratio of people with antibodies to viral PCR positive tests in selected states/cities, where that ratio was about 6-7 actual infections to positive tests. This ratio has been pretty solidly in the 5-10X range since the first antibody studies were done in NY and Spain. So if there were 14MM PCR positives at the end of Nov, 91MM total infections (6.5X) makes sense. There's uncertainty in that estimate, of course, which is why they also provide the 95% confidence interval of 78-107MM total infections.

Actually im asking questions and bringing up contradictions. Thats not trolling. Its keeping people well informed. Its amazing some are asking for censorship. Its also amazing to watch consistently and not just here how anyone who strays from the narrow path decided on what to think about coronavirus is called names and a pusher of misinformation. Interesting cto watch it evolve

A science where no questions are asked
Asking questions is fine. Constantly posting twitter posts from far right wing websites with very misleading takes on COVID data is trolling. There's a difference.

[

Yeah, think you're skipping over the part where we haven't quite reached herd immunity and the virus is still going strong. Absolutely support event venues and the like from having a vaccine requirement and expect them next year. You don't own a personal freedom that says they can't.

Want to get back to life as usual ...get the vaccine when your number is called.
You're right, because House Democrats refused to pass any bill that granted indemnity to businesses when someone contracted the virus at the place of business. Got to keep the tort lawyers busy, and keep everyone on the big list for their vaccination.

It is from the ratio of people with antibodies to viral PCR positive tests in selected states/cities, where that ratio was about 6-7 actual infections to positive tests. This ratio has been pretty solidly in the 5-10X range since the first antibody studies were done in NY and Spain. So if there were 14MM PCR positives at the end of Nov, 91MM total infections (6.5X) makes sense. There's uncertainty in that estimate, of course, which is why they also provide the 95% confidence interval of 78-107MM total infections.

Makes a lot of sense. Hope a lot of these people are in no rush to get the vaccine so the rest of us can get it sooner and we reach herd faster.

Asking questions is fine. Constantly posting twitter posts from far right wing websites with very misleading takes on COVID data is trolling. There's a difference.

far right wing..um what would that be...not sure what you are talking about....why do you keep listening to trolls in this thread who are saying that...gee I didnt know hospital workers dancing is such a Q conspiracy theory

the guy I post with graphs is not misleading anything....you say misleading while you defend Fauci at every instance

Reactions: RUskoolie
South Korea also had their military vehicles driving around spraying disinfectant on city streets. Must be a lot of sidewalk lickers in Daegu to warrant that kind of a response. We really should start up a giant waste of resources like that, since we want to be like SK these days.

South Korea also had their military vehicles driving around spraying disinfectant on city streets. Must be a lot of sidewalk lickers in Daegu to warrant that kind of a response. We really should start up a giant waste of resources like that, since we want to be like SK these days.
I know they've done significantly better as far as cases and deaths.

Pretty sure they've done significantly better as far as economy and resources spent.

far right wing..um what would that be...not sure what you are talking about....why do you keep listening to trolls in this thread who are saying that...gee I didnt know hospital workers dancing is such a Q conspiracy theory

the guy I post with graphs is not misleading anything....you say misleading while you defend Fauci at every instance

You posted a video of hospital workers dancing in FRANCE that you mindlessly took from a conspiracy website, and then continue to complain that hospital workers are partying. Who knew that you cared what is happening in Lille.

I agree that we don't need to hear this stuff from the WHO.

I think there is a serious disconnect with the US and WHO...the WHO DOES NOT have the best interest of the US and neither does China of course who the WHO is in bed with. Again whether you agree or disagree we have alot of America first people in this country who look at things with our best interest and not the world. It does not make them wrong to think that way. Moving forward its frightening to see all the supposed changes and opportunity to reshape things that global health and economic think tanks want to enact. Remember they are the ones using the coronavirus pandemic as a method to move their wants and goals forward

Reactions: RUBOB72

Should they not be adjusting the ratio down now for the US? Everybody I know has been tested at least once since testing has become accessible, and most have been tested a few times. Some get tested weekly. With all of that plus contact tracing it’s hard to believe that we still have 5-10 undiagnosed cases for every positive case in the US.

I think there is a serious disconnect with the US and WHO...the WHO DOES NOT have the best interest of the US and neither does China of course who the WHO is in bed with. Again whether you agree or disagree we have alot of America first people in this country who look at things with our best interest and not the world. It does not make them wrong to think that way. Moving forward its frightening to see all the supposed changes and opportunity to reshape things that global health and economic think tanks want to enact. Remember they are the ones using the coronavirus pandemic as a method to move their wants and goals forward
I'd have to hear the specifics to debate them, I imagine some actually make sense. But this not the thread for such a debate.

Reactions: bac2therac

and that's coming from someone who was going with the Wet Market story for months. 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

can't get anymore gullible for radical theory than that

Should they not be adjusting the ratio down now for the US? Everybody I know has been tested at least once since testing has become accessible, and most have been tested a few times. Some get tested weekly. With all of that plus contact tracing it’s hard to believe that we still have 5-10 undiagnosed cases for every positive case in the US.
Until the past few weeks I knew few people who were tested.

Also note someone could have been asymptomatic or mild symptoms at some point in spring or summer, and then for whatever reason got tested in Fall, but, unless they get an antibody test, came back negative.

They've had it, they've tested, but they don't show up in the #'s.

The numbers attack is back we knew your ego is too big to stay away. You still are exactly what I posted before a person who refuses to understand there are millions who disagree with much that you post... Of course SK has less cases and deaths they shut everything down in phase 1 ... they will do the same in phase 2 unless it is controlled..Where the USA missed is we basically shutdown not only the cities but businesses and restaurants back after March 16th...Even industries of a larger scale stopped...they already were a mask wearing country and the lifestyle though somewhat similar to our Western culture is much different...Yet the virus is back again just on a smaller scale... What’s really comical is you immediately went to calling people names ,” clueless” ? Yes I’m clueless listening to and reading your incessant BS for 11+ months... you and and several others continuously pat yourselves on the back for work and information provided by others. You call people out for name calling and yet somehow you yourself do the same to others ...

They are bored out of their minds, so they dance, while on the clock.

They are enjoying themselves while small biz owners lose their livelihoods and kids are suffering immense psychological damage.

Hey let’s test everyday isn’t that the American way? Maybe woodshed will get this to happen ... heck we’ll only need 500 bazillion test kits...lol we can send all the used test kits to China for disposal... When I see the world hold the real evil China accountable then we will be on the way back... Let’s be somewhat honest there are too many politicians from both sides) involved in making $$$$ from the CCPP... they have been exposed and yet Tech and MSM is still shilling... hope the younger folks enjoy being held hostage.

Can we limit RUBOB to 1 post per day instead of 5? Guy can’t even write proper sentences and just makes stuff up. Thankfully he comes off senile enough where nobody listens to him.

All you do is ask for people to be banned or limited.

Meanwhile you don't add anything of value here aside from parroting the flock's narrative

Here's some advice for ya, use the ignore feature on anyone that doesn't agree with you.

You'll be super duper happy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT