ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are definitely over 1 mil at this point. The tracker has us at 800k and that’s not real time and is missing a few states. Even if they are off by a week and hit 20mil in early Jan, so what? Are we really splitting hairs here?
The end is near.
Still think they will be off by a week? The updated numbers I posted yesterday shows no improvement yet here you are again in complete denial.

States can do whatever they want.
Which, for better or worse, has kind of been the plan. And that is not necessarily on the president, as states have wanted to be their own boss, when it was convenient at least.

Don't recall any warnings on this:

"The recent allergic reactions linked to Pfizer’s very similar vaccine prompted heated discussions during advisory panel discussions held this month by the F.D.A. and the C.D.C., with experts noting that anaphylaxis seemed to be occurring at an unusual frequency so soon into distribution."

"Boston Doctor Develops Severe Allergic Reaction After Getting Moderna Vaccine - The New York Times" https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/25/health/Covid-moderna-vaccine-allergies.html

My suspicion is the rate of anaphylaxis will be higher than the results from the trial. I alluded to this last week.

Nothing is being swept under the rug. It’s been widely reported and CDC issued guidance on it. Over a million people have been vaccinated and this has only happened to a handful of people.

If somehow a person is unaware of the allergic risks going into being vaccinated (i.e. they do no research and don’t speak to a doctor) they will be educated upon arrival.

It will be more than a handful. I know of a couple handfuls in the first week in our system. Hopefully it was an anomaly and the anaphylactic rates will be in line with the trials.

Trust me Aristotle I’m not angry nor insecure with issues... the only issue I have and many others have is your inordinate number of posts which defend your position when someone CHOOSES to disagree or question the so called updates on covid19 ... not all is factually proven ...within 5-10 years we will learn much more about how the covid19 pandemic was mishandled starting with the WHO,CDC Federal Government and Medical professionals in charge... conspiracy theory? Maybe ...maybe not... “ if something sounds too good it probably isn’t”... What seems to be the issue in South Korea with the virus? They have done ALL the suggested safeguards from tracking, isolating, mask wearing and social separation yet the experts claims they can’t understand why it is spreading again.

Yes, you are angry. With personal attacks to boot.

So 3 weeks ago you were aware that anaphylaxis was a concern with these vacinnes? I wasn't. I don't even know what anaphylaxis is.

The trial rates of anaphylaxis were low and arent talked about much. Try your best to ignore people on here looking to get under your skin. Some are developing a patterned history of it. Ignore buttons are great for these gnats if needed.

And so you ascertained that these posting quotes infer a personal anger? Brilliant and spoken like a true educated person... You need to go back to school.

You make it easy to label your posting pattern as angry. Personal attacks dont help either.

The Thanksgiving fear panic didnt produce but that didnt stop msm and corona bros from from lying and continuing their fear mongering..shameful

Christmas will see some sort of uptick if what I have seen and heard are any indication. Hopefully wont be too much.

My son is a resident at Christiana Hosp in Delaware. He had COVID about a month ago, recovered and was still advised to get the vaccine , which he did on Thursday. He felt flu-ish for 24 hrs

Hmm, interesting. Current guidelines recommend NOT getting the vaccine for 90 days after infection because the infected person has adequate antibodies. That's one less dose someone without antibodies could have used.

Hey genius, if the EpiPen "worked", do you think he would have been "taken on a stretcher to the emergency room, where he was given several medications, including steroids and Benadryl, to calm the immune reactions that had overtaken his body." If it "worked," he would have needed no further treatment. It's not about winning an argument. It's common sense. Have a nice night.

Epi works well and it works fast. Thats why it's a first line medicine for anaphylactic reactions. Unfortunately the downside is a short half life which sometimes necessitates the need for further supportive intervention. Hence the reason diphenhydramine and steroids were used.

Reactions: Greg2020
🤡
Hilarious post especially with your beliefs that we are crazy and insane ... you must suck a lot of CNN ass ...attempting to analyze someone ‘s psyche from board banter ? Jesus you must be a real 🤡... you managed to absolve yourself of attacks on bac or myself and others....typical liberal ... take your head out of your ass ... you report others but not your board buds you’re laughable...

Another angry post and attacking people? Shocking. "Sucking CNN ass"? Really? On one hand you criticize medical professions and scientists who are providing valuable information as elitists who are not receptive to other viewpoints. THEN you turn around an insult people while trying to get your own points across. You are a piece of work.

My suspicion is the rate of anaphylaxis will be higher than the results from the trial. I alluded to this last week.

It will be more than a handful. I know of a couple handfuls in the first week in our system. Hopefully it was an anomaly and the anaphylactic rates will be in line with the trials.

Yes, you are angry. With personal attacks to boot.

The trial rates of anaphylaxis were low and arent talked about much. Try your best to ignore people on here looking to get under your skin. Some are developing a patterned history of it. Ignore buttons are great for these gnats if needed.

You make it easy to label your posting pattern as angry. Personal attacks dont help either.

Christmas will see some sort of uptick if what I have seen and heard are any indication. Hopefully wont be too much.

Hmm, interesting. Current guidelines recommend NOT getting the vaccine for 90 days after infection because the infected person has adequate antibodies. That's one less dose someone without antibodies could have used.

Epi works well and it works fast. Thats why it's a first line medicine for anaphylactic reactions. Unfortunately the downside is a short half life which sometimes necessitates the need for further supportive intervention. Hence the reason diphenhydramine and steroids were used.

Since you love to post your vitriol by deflecting ...” it’s not me it’s you”... you call people who disagree with you as angry , hostile and yet you are exactly like those YOU follow on the political , MSM sides of life. You hide behind that keyboard of yours. Do you actually believe I care ? I only care about those who allow others the freedom to express an opinion even if it doesn’t fit into my way of thinking. You are more troubled than You realize.

It's been done. As much as I didn't want to ignore the opposing view points, it had gone way past unproductive.

Sweep what? That a Walgreens in KY gave a few doses to firemen in a pinch?

Dude, I wish the feds gave a ton of support, but the states are figuring it out and things are chugging along.

Well done by Walgreens is a key takeaway here.

Another angry post and attacking people? Shocking. "Sucking CNN ass"? Really? On one hand you criticize medical professions and scientists who are providing valuable information as elitists who are not receptive to other viewpoints. THEN you turn around an insult people while trying to get your own points across. You are a piece of work.
I criticize some when it is called for. Those same medical , professors , scientists you so highly praise are not infallible. I know from a personal standpoint many of those in the fields mentioned have no business doing what they do. Sure their intent may be worthy , they may be “ intelligent” but many make too many errors especially in the medical and science realm. Continue to be the dolt you appear to be. Easy to call people offensive but forget to classify themselves as doing EXACTLY the same. Time to reel in your Ego LETSGORU91 the arrogance and self-importance is casting you in a very questionable light. Just by how and whom you defended here gives me pause to realize your arrogance is more than just that. Are you a medical doctor , a professor or possibly a scientist ? Many of these folks view themselves as “ elitists” in a strange way. Perhaps we should give them all a free pass when they muck something up ? As for your last comment it shows your frustration . It is quite evident. Once you have had a person close to you impacted by one of those whom you highly praise you’ll understand.

Senior officials say that the 2 million # of doses delivered is not accurate, due to a lag in reporting.

Thank you for coming in here regularly and explaining things in laymen’s terms. It helps me a lot.

That’s the problem. The federal governments plan is to just distribute everything to each state and so we have 50 different plans.
Not for nothing, but I feel I could figure this out. X amount of doses to hospitals, y amount to pharmacies.

X/#of hospitals.

y/#of pharmacies.

Curve those #'s to size of hospital or population served.

Reactions: bac2therac
It's not a problem.
Each state's plan was reviewed by the CDC.
The federal government could have helped coordinate the actual vaccination process to get shots into arms more quickly including using federal resources. The UK is using nursing students for example. Some states are trying to do the same. But are now just figuring it out. If this was a Mckinsey case study it would be a fail on distributing vaccines by missing the final piece of shots in the arm. Yeah states are picking up the slack and we will be fine but my point is that it could be better.

The federal government could have helped coordinate the actual vaccination process to get shots into arms more quickly including using federal resources. The UK is using nursing students for example. Some states are trying to do the same. But are now just figuring it out. If this was a Mckinsey case study it would be a fail on distributing vaccines by missing the final piece of shots in the arm. Yeah states are picking up the slack and we will be fine but my point is that it could be better.
It's a good thought about using nursing students. I mean when nurses were in need in the spring in the hospitals, students were able to work.
I'd say the same about using pharmacy techs in addition to acutal pharmacists given the techs received the proper training.

Sweep what? That a Walgreens in KY gave a few doses to firemen in a pinch?

Dude, I wish the feds gave a ton of support, but the states are figuring it out and things are chugging along.

Actually, states are not figuring it out. More rural areas don't have a Walgreens or CVS store on every other block. They need funds and coordination to create vaccine distribution centers.

I criticize some when it is called for. Those same medical , professors , scientists you so highly praise are not infallible. I know from a personal standpoint many of those in the fields mentioned have no business doing what they do. Sure their intent may be worthy , they may be “ intelligent” but many make too many errors especially in the medical and science realm. Continue to be the dolt you appear to be. Easy to call people offensive but forget to classify themselves as doing EXACTLY the same. Time to reel in your Ego LETSGORU91 the arrogance and self-importance is casting you in a very questionable light. Just by how and whom you defended here gives me pause to realize your arrogance is more than just that. Are you a medical doctor , a professor or possibly a scientist ? Many of these folks view themselves as “ elitists” in a strange way. Perhaps we should give them all a free pass when they muck something up ? As for your last comment it shows your frustration . It is quite evident. Once you have had a person close to you impacted by one of those whom you highly praise you’ll understand.

The medical and scientific professionals are constantly reviewed, critiqued, criticized and evaluated in an effort to improve processes and reduce mistakes. This is not done in secrecy - failures are called out by your colleagues in public. When is the last time you gave a talk in front of a 500 people and had someone in the audience tell that there was a major flaw in your interpretation or technique? I have seen this happen (fortunately to others) many times.

I am part of all this (scientist/professor and "embedded" in a clinical department) and so I am one of those that you clearly do not hold in high regard. I see the successes and failures all the time. Exactly what is the best way to treat an infant born with no kidneys? Mistakes are made, but those doing so are usually held accountable and the process is corrected. What other professions do this on a constant basis?

As for your last comment, I lost my brother to a poor medical diagnosis. But I still think the system we have is pretty darn good - certainly underfunded, overworked and, sadly, over-controlled by the administrators in billion $ insurance companies. In fact, my brother died less due to a medical mistake, and more because getting an MRI authorized can be a two-week long process. The people on the ground, doing the work - they are not perfect and they will be the first to admit that they don't know everything. But nearly every single one of them cares and does everything possible to be right.

I coughed up some gross stuff this morning, so my doc thought it’s time for the antibody treatment now.
Good luck getting Bamlan. Great you have a doctor fighting for you. Your autoimmune disorder probably qualifies you. Get well.

Reactions: King of S
Not for nothing, but I feel I could figure this out. X amount of doses to hospitals, y amount to pharmacies.

X/#of hospitals.

y/#of pharmacies.

Curve those #'s to size of hospital or population served.
Yes or I don’t know but use the military to admin to nursing homes which have to be onsite. Take that burden off CVS so they can admin through pharmacies.

Why is South Korea's economy not being destroyed by their measures?

SK has been and always will be diligent (since the SARS years) when it comes to Covid prevention or any other virus for that matter. If we used a semblance of their model, we wouldn't be knee deep in s#*t now.

lmfao

I will lmfao with you. The organization who seems incompetent in regards to China and didnt recommend masks now wants to scare us. I bet they have inside info from the Wuhan Lab on the next super strain of coronavirus.

Since you love to post your vitriol by deflecting ...” it’s not me it’s you”... you call people who disagree with you as angry , hostile and yet you are exactly like those YOU follow on the political , MSM sides of life. You hide behind that keyboard of yours. Do you actually believe I care ? I only care about those who allow others the freedom to express an opinion even if it doesn’t fit into my way of thinking. You are more troubled than You realize.

I'm not sure this was directed at me, but you couldnt be further from the truth. Plus if you know what vitriol means, its pretty clear I dont spew it based on my history here. Do you think you spew vitriol? We should start a poll on here.

At the ER now. My doctor called and wants me to get Bam. We will see!

Rut roh! What brought you to the ER?

You are awesome and must be fun to hang out with in a crowd. Most of the elitists you speak of here provide useful information. And other than valuing an opinion, I dont praise them for Pete's sake. You are an angry and bitter individual based on what I see here. Everyone's got an opinion and should be free to discuss what's on their mind. You act like an ass, plain and simple.

I coughed up some gross stuff this morning, so my doc thought it’s time for the antibody treatment now.

What are your current symptoms? Assuming you are getting worse than where you were a few days ago?

Any update on your father? Is he continuing to improve?
Very difficult to navigate from afar. He’s seems the same. Still confused a bit, still coughing a bit. Numbers are generally good but then the nurse says they put him on oxygen for a little which he says isn’t the case. A different nurse each day and his room has changed 3 times. Says his oxygen levels are good but because he was moved he needed to have it. His fing GP is an ahole.

You are awesome and must be fun to hang out with in a crowd. Most of the elitists you speak of here provide useful information. And other than valuing an opinion, I dont praise them for Pete's sake. You are an angry and bitter individual based on what I see here. Everyone's got an opinion and should be free to discuss what's on their mind. You act like an ass, plain and simple.

though I agree with you, you should heed your earlier criticism of my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT