ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cruise to Alaska

I took my family on a Disney Alaskan cruise in August of 2016. Make sure you get a balcony it’s well worth it. I saw a huge bear with a fish in one hand eating away from my balcony. Plenty of opportunities to see dolphins whales seals and bald eagles from the balcony. In September it’s gonna be the very end of the cruise season. I remember it was never really warm on this cruise. We wore sweaters all the time but it was an awesome vacation that I want to do again. Disney is awesome and they know how to do cruising. They have a huge adults section and the kids absolutely love it. You are gonna have a great time. My cruise started in Vancouver which is a fun city. Try to stay at the hotel that connects to the cruise port it’s definitely worth the extra expense. This thread has Braught back great memories from that trip.

Just got off Regent Seven Seas Mariner in May. Ten days San Francisco to Vancouver. The scenery and shore excursions in Alaska were absolutely amazing. The ports were very touristy but really just a place for ship to dock to head out into nature. Enjoy!

Did cruise withNorwegian maybe 15 years ago. Seattle and back. If I were to do it again wouldvombine with land tour to Denali. If you are in Seattle for a few days and interested in comedic history lesson of the city do the underpins tour. Also big rock and roll museum in truly ugly building.
White Pass and Yukon RR also interesting but was pretty foggy day we went on it.

Glad this thread resurfaced (thanks tango). Going on Princess in August, both cruise and land tour. We’re staying in Vancouver for 2-3 days prior to the cruise. What should we do/see in Vancouver? Come to think of it, I haven’t even booked a hotel yet in Vancouver.
We stayed at the St. Regis hotel and it was a nice boutique that included gym passes to the Steve Nash gym around the corner. Capilano Suspension Bridge and Stanley Park were good places to visit. Go up to Whistler or take the ferry out to Vancouver Island.

Reactions: Ruthinking
Red card qual?
In a few things.

I am in the Finance Section so I have it for PTRC, EQTR, TIME and COST.

Along with being a member of the FDNY IMT I was also a member of the Eastern Area Type II Team for a few years and that’s the group I went with to Alaska.

While deployed with the EA Team in Tanana, AK we found out there were four of us on the Team who are Cook grads.

yujKe85_d.jpg

That’s the Yukon River behind us. Never met them until we got to Fairbanks and we didn’t know we all went to Rutgers until the guy on the right figured it out. Which was after being in the bush for about a week.

Last edited:
In a few things.

I am in the Finance Section so I have it for PTRC, EQTR, TIME and COST.

Along with being a member of the FDNY IMT I was also a member of the Eastern Area Type II Team for a few years and that’s the group I went with to Alaska.

While deployed with the EA Team in Tanana, AK we found out there were four of us on the Team who are Cook grads.

That’s the Yukon River behind us.
I started out as air support but became Agency Administrator for the rest of my USFS career. Still have the scars! :scream:

Reactions: Ruthinking
I started out as air support but became Agency Administrator for the rest of my USFS career. Still have the scars! :scream:
I was COST in AK and when tracking $$$ the most expensive thing for me was air. Always is. By a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT