ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cuba Gooding SR dies @ 72

Why not?
If that's what someone does, why would a person change once they reach their 70's, 80's or 90's, particularly if the drugs relieved the aches and pains of life?
Why? because if drugs are enough to kill you then you probably should have been dead a long time ago. I can guarantee you it wasn't weed. Same principle as you don't see obese people in their seventies.

Why? because if drugs are enough to kill you then you probably should have been dead a long time ago. I can guarantee you it wasn't weed. Same principle as you don't see obese people in their seventies.
Disagree. Not condoning drug use, but if a little booze and drugs gets a person through their earlier years, why stop when you are older? Overdosing and overdoing it is one thing- but taking the edge off and the pain away is another thing. Not going to judge somebody else's life choices. As far as obese people, there are plenty- Jackie Gleason comes to mind.

Everybody Plays the Fool could be the theme song for the last 4 years of Rutgers football.
...or it could be Better Days (Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes; written by Steven Van Zandt, who will be the commencement speaker at Rutgers next month)

Better days are comin'
We're gonna wake up and break this curse
Better days are on the way 'cause you know and I know
It can't get no worse

Reactions: Knight Shift
...or it could be Better Days (Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes; written by Steven Van Zandt, who will be commencement speaker at Rutgers next month)

Better days are comin'
We're gonna wake up and break this curse
Better days are on the way 'cause you know and I know
It can't get no worse
Steven also wrote "I Played the Fool" on the Hearts of Stone album.

You going to Asbury tonight or tomorrow to see Steven?
I'm in for both nights.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Steven also wrote "I Played the Fool" on the Hearts of Stone album.

You going to Asbury tonight or tomorrow to see Steven?
I'm in for both nights.
I had planned on seeing the LSATDOS show this afternoon at House of Independents, but it was canceled.

The Upstage reunion show tonight should be interesting, to say the least. Unfortunately, I can't make it this evening or tomorrow.

I had planned on seeing the LSATDOS show this afternoon at House of Independents, but it was canceled.

The Upstage reunion show tonight should be interesting, to say the least. Unfortunately, I can't make it this evening or tomorrow.
Interesting story on Norman Seldin, who had Clarence, Max and Garry in his band. There will be a lot of artists that SHOULD be part of tonight that will not be.
http://www.redbankgreen.com/2017/04/fair-haven-norman-seldin/
clarence.jpg

I didn't realize there was a Cuba Gooding Sr, just like I didn't realize Eddie Murphy had a brother (he also recently died.). I am really out of touch.

Yeah. He played OJ and was the "show me the money" guy. So I got that going for me.

Right.

I never watched the OJ thing, so I really more identify with the "show me the money" bit. Great role.

But my point is... ya know... "Jr.".

Reactions: RJM_Go_RU
I didn't realize there was a Cuba Gooding Sr, just like I didn't realize Eddie Murphy had a brother (he also recently died.). I am really out of touch.
So to help drive home the point......

I figured he'd make an appearance.
The Upstage Jam lasted for about 3 hours. Bruce was onstage for about 1-1 1/2 hours of it. It was cool to see Bruce, Southside, Boom Carter, David Sancious and a lot of great musicians from the upstage era on stage together. Was surprised that David Sancious plays guitar. He did a nice job on Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT