ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ESPN article on Syracuse football (WARNING: READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED DUE TO POSITIVE CONTENT)

We are so screwed!

We're doomed.

Sorry, but this is a totally invalid use of this phrase without the proper supporting graphic:

8bGOntC.gif

Though Brown had no head-coaching experience, Wildhack said that could be overlooked since so many other factors made sense.

Ummmmmmmm......it's not just HC experience, it's experience at any level above just a position coach.

We're doomed.
Worst case scenario!
Ummmmmmmm......it's not just HC experience, it's experience at any level above just a position coach.
Heard their AD is a wild hack!!!

"Five months in, it seems like Wildhack was right.
Without playing a game . . . . ."

Confused Little Girl GIF

"Brown says he never wanted to be a coordinator is because that would mean having influence over only part of the team; he wanted to be able to reach every single player."

Confused Married With Children GIF

Umm, he coached defensive backs?

Last edited:
It’s not just that he has no experience at any level above just a position coach.

It’s that it is common knowledge, proven at multiple schools, that Brown is an elite recruiter yet no one including those schools would give him a job at a level above position coach. It speaks volumes to how Brown is perceived in the industry as an actual coach.

Reactions: TRU2RU
It’s not just that he has no experience at any level above just a position coach.

It’s that it is common knowledge, proven at multiple schools, that Brown is an elite recruiter yet no one including those schools would give him a job at a level above position coach. It speaks volumes to how Brown is perceived in the industry as an actual coach.
To be fair I'm sure Temple is beating themselves for not hiring Brown when they could have. Problem is Brown will always look to move up so he will probably have moved on at the first chance he gets. That includes Syracuse.

To be fair I'm sure Temple is beating themselves for not hiring Brown when they could have. Problem is Brown will always look to move up so he will probably have moved on at the first chance he gets. That includes Syracuse.
I’m not talking about Temple and a HC position. I’m talking about the many P5 schools who had DC openings and didn’t hire him (including RU, who let his great South Jersey recruiting walk rather than promote him to DC).

The big unknown is with the "new" role of the HC, a big part of which being a coordinator and pumper of NIL dollars, if Brown has competent coordinator and position coaches, he may succeed. Then again, he may not. As someone noted above, with their schedule, 8 wins should be well within reach, and surely people will be proclaiming him to be the next Bear Bryant. I wish him well, but not so well that he becomes a recruiting headache for Rutgers.

ESPN promoting Syracuse?

R.ac84ce6a851033e92a64c82a57958e83

With that schedule, anything less that 8-4 should be considered a failure. They play UConn, Holy Cross, Ohio, and UNLV OOC. They should be favored in every game except Miami, Va Tech, and NC State.
There will be a meltdown on these boards if he wins 10 games.

Reactions: Jimpeg
The guys here who played on the college level would know a heck of a lot better than me but you have to wonder how these teams that had massive overhauls will mesh together in a relatively short time.

The guys here who played on the college level would know a heck of a lot better than me but you have to wonder how these teams that had massive overhauls will mesh together in a relatively short time.

That's why I'm taking a wait and see approach to the Washington game. A whole new roster, a new coaching staff, who knows if they can recapture what took them to the championship game last year.

That's why I'm taking a wait and see approach to the Washington game. A whole new roster, a new coaching staff, who knows if they can recapture what took them to the championship game last year.
Well, I hear you but there's zero chance they make it back to the playoffs. I think finishing 6-6 would be an accomplishment having lost literally everyone.

Well, I hear you but there's zero chance they make it back to the playoffs. I think finishing 6-6 would be an accomplishment having lost literally everyone.

So if you're thinking 6-6 for them then you consider this a very winnable game for us?

Worst case scenario
Sara will win 10 games easily this season. Easy schedule and #9 ranked incoming Portal class in CFB. Including 2 -4* Recruits and one highly sought after QB.
Would love to get them in a bowl game. { except Pimpstripe bowl)

Reactions: Jimpeg
Sara will win 10 games easily this season. Easy schedule and #9 ranked incoming Portal class in CFB. Including 2 -4* Recruits and one highly sought after QB.
Sara has one of the worst OL & McCord is a statue with no mobility let’s see how long he survives

Reactions: koleszar
They increased their wins by 400% in year 1 of Coach Prime
That's one way of looking at it.

1. In 2023, they still finished last in the PAC12, 1-8 in conference.
2. In 2023, they were outscored 214-327 in conference.
3. They beat a weak TCU (5-7/3-6); a rebuilding Nebraska (5-7/3-6); MW Colorado State (5-7/3-5); and a horrific ASU (3-9/2-7)
4. In 2022 ,Colorado lost to a TCU that went to the National Championship game; they lost to a much better B1G Team in Minnesota (9-4/5-4), Air Force, who went 10-3.
5. Not exactly the stuff of legends, but anyone can toss up an impressive number like 400%.

Reactions: Jimpeg and Fat Koko
Syracuse is still garbage, They have 19 commits and average recruit is rated 86.5

Most schools only have 8-10commits at this point.

Rutgers has 8 commits and average recruit ranking is 87.1

A lot of smoke and mirrors with this hype.
We will have a better recruiting class come signing day.

They increased their wins by 400% in year 1 of Coach Prime

Sanders did improve the Buffs wins by 3, but he also didn’t have the type of year that was expected after Colorado shot out of the gate in the win column only to crash and burn in the end​

When it comes to turnarounds Deon doesn’t hold a candle to these coaches ( courtesy of a bleacher report article)​

Hawai'i, 1999​

1. In 1998, the Rainbow Warriors finished 0-12 for the first time in program history, and Hawai'i fired coach Fred von Appen as the season's conclusion.
    The Rainbow Warriors then made of the greatest moves in their history by hiring June Jones as the new head coach for the 1999 season.
    Jones guided Hawai'i to a 9-4 record in his first season, capturing a share of the WAC championship, and topping Oregon State in the O'ahu Bowl.

Florida, 1980​

1. Charley Pell will be remembered for many things because of his time at Florida.
    While the finding by the NCAA that Pell and his staff at Florida were responsible for a whopping 107 major violations of NCAA rules, and Pell's subsequent firing, battle with depression and suicide attempt looms large in any summary of Pell and his relationship with the University of Florida, Pell should also be remembered for taking over a Florida program in disarray and transforming it into a program of which Gator fans could be proud.
    Pell's first season at Florida, 1979, still ranks as the worst season in Gators history. Florida posted a 0-10-1 record, and was outscored 265-106.
    With batting an eye, Pell set about putting the pieces in place to build a successful program, and by the time next season had finished, Florida was 8-4—a very respectable finish after 0-10-1.
    Within a few years, Pell had the Gators as high as No. 6 in the nation—at the time, the highest ranking in school history.
    Although the end of Pell's career was marred by scandal, Pell should also be remembered for the fund-raising efforts at Florida, as well has his recovery from depression, after which he because an outspoken advocate of awareness of the disease, and removing the stigma from those afflicted with clinical depression.

Purdue, 1943​

1. In the midst of World War II, many traditional football powers across the country were having trouble finding wins. After all, most of the able-bodied men of the day were off fighting for the country in Europe and the Pacific.
      Purdue was no exception, and the Boilermakers suffered through a 1-8 record in 1942. Purdue was so bad, that in the entire 1942 season, the Boilers only managed to score 27 total points—an average of three points per game.
      Head coach Elmer Burnham didn't use 1942 as an excuse, and in 1943, his Boilermaker squad scored on average 20 more points per game than they had the previous season. That resulted in a perfect 9-0 record, and a shared Big Ten championship.

Miami (Ohio) University, 2010​

1. When you're a MAC team, and you go 1-11, the wheels have definitely come off of the wagon. That's exactly the situation Miami was in after the 2009 season.
        Under the leadership of head coach Mike Haywood, the Redhawks had a near-miraculous turnaround in 2010, and went on to win 10 games, a MAC championship, and the GoDaddy.com Bowl over Middle Tennessee State.
        In the long history of college football, the 2010 Miami Redhawks are the only team ever to follow a season of double-digit losses with a season of double-digit wins.

Stanford, 1940​

1. After the glory years at Stanford under legendary coach Glenn “Pop” Warner, Stanford fell into a period of mediocrity under Claude “Tiny” Thornhill. Tiny pretty much described the amount of accomplishments under Thornhill for the Indians.
          After riding “Pop” Warner's coat tails his first three seasons, Stanford's stock began falling precipitously over the next four seasons.
          After posting a 1-7-1 record in 1939, Thornhill was replaced by Clark Shaughnessy.
          Shaughnessy instituted instant changes, including the use of a “T” formation, that was viewed as obsolete, and hadn't been widely used in college football since the turn of the century.
          But Stanford's skilled use of the formation and Shaughnessy's keen leadership led the Indians to a 10-0 record in 1940, won the Rose Bowl, and finished No. 2 in the nation, behind AP national champion Minnesota.
    2. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-the-biggest-one-year-turnarounds-in-history

Reactions: Knight Shift
Unlike basketball and as stated by one of Syracuse's own, coach Macpherson, it's really hard to win a D1 football game and there's only 12. Don't expect miracles from a head coach with no experience turning programs around and this guy doesn't even have any head coach experience. Confidence and expectations can fade quickly after a few losses.

Sara has one of the worst OL & McCord is a statue with no mobility let’s see how long he survives
^^^^
This will be Syracuse's undoing.

The always overlooked offensive line. I watched some Fruit games and they were atrocious. It takes a while to fix the Oline (as we personally experienced) and he didn't bring in a lot of immediate help. McCord's internal clock will go from OSU, let's have a picnic to holy sh*t I just got the snap.

By the way I said the same thing last year about Colorado. The line sucked from the year before. Deion brought in the flash but none of the beef and the QB ran for his life all season. Only thing that saved Sanders life is he can run, McCord's a statue compared to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
Syracuse is truly NYC's team in every way imaginable . . . a shadow of what it used to be in its glory years.

They could win 10 games but that would lead to a bowl against a very good team and likely another bowl embarrassment. McCord is good though so maybe not as bad, I wish we had gotten him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT