ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fanatics is trash

Worst part is your could order 5 things from them and when you need to make returns they all go to different places.

You sound like my soon to be ex-wife. A serial returner. Go to stores, buy 10 things, following week return 8.
We go to 2-3 bowl games a year. For Christmas kids always ask for merchandise of whoever they are rooting for. So we usually end up with at least 20 things we are gonna potentially wear 1 time. 3 of the people are girls, simple sweatshirt ain’t getting it done. Lol

Reactions: Jm0513 and ashokan
Cool story bro. Any details ?
Where to start…

Over the summer ordered a Rutgers tshirt. After 1 wash, the graphic was peeling. They offered to replace it but I needed to pay for shipping.

Recently ordered about $250 worth of Christmas gifts. Label was printed. Never shipped. Had to fight for the refund. Then they wanted to charge me for shipping.

Everything is stadium pricing.

$9.99 shipping fees

I can probably go on

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and only had an issues once. I had a custom printed item, they sent me the wrong item, they told me I couldn't return because it was custom printed. The customer service rep wouldn't budge. I called back the next day and got someone else, they helped me out. I depends who you get on the phone, I guess.
Everything else I've ordered, no issues. They also have some pretty cool stuff.

Divorce joke time!!!!! (Been down that road twice)

Divorcing couples in Colorado are fighting over who gets the marijuana.
The judge ruled that there should be joint custody.
giphy.gif

Where to start…

Over the summer ordered a Rutgers tshirt. After 1 wash, the graphic was peeling. They offered to replace it but I needed to pay for shipping.

Recently ordered about $250 worth of Christmas gifts. Label was printed. Never shipped. Had to fight for the refund. Then they wanted to charge me for shipping.

Everything is stadium pricing.

$9.99 shipping fees

I can probably go on
Ok...I gotta ask: Why the hell do you keep ordering from them?!?!?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
You sound like my soon to be ex-wife. A serial returner. Go to stores, buy 10 things, following week return 8.
You’re ahead of the game if that’s her return pattern. Returning items is more commonly associated with going back to the store to give back a couple of items while picking up more than what was returned.

They have a monopoly, over priced, terrible quality, awful customer service. Rant over.
I like their designs, but will never order from them again. I ordered four shirts this past summer, and they advertise that you can get a full refund for items you return. Normal procedure, normal ad. I returned one item that didn’t fit properly, and was charged a $10 return fee, which they naturally did not mention in their ads. Return fees may be pro forma now, but $10 for a shirt and no mention until you begin the return process is horseshit.

I ordered from them twice. Both times involved waiting a month for the order to ship and multiple emails to customer service. One order finally did ship, the other they eventually told me they were out of stock even though the website said otherwise. I got a refund a few weeks later.

Have bought all my RU gear from Scarlet Fever in New Brunswick. Small Business owner, great quality stuff, Great prices, and I am buying from a business that has been in the same location in New Brunswick since at least 1991, When I started working in NB.

Last edited:
Divorce joke time!!!!! (Been down that road twice)

Divorcing couples in Colorado are fighting over who gets the marijuana.
The judge ruled that there should be joint custody.w
giphy.gif
What's up with the guy's Bavaria/Oktoberfest motif?

Reactions: colbert17
And if you need to exchange for a different size you have to do a refund, where they will charge you $9.99 to ship a new size. So they refund you the difference and charge you for the new order.

They have a monopoly, over priced, terrible quality, awful customer service. Rant over.
It is junk. Just ordered a quarter zip pull over and it felt and looked like something you buy on the street for $5, but end up paying $40.

For Rutgers stuff I suggest ScarletFever or Barnes and Noble. Good stuff at both. For pro teams, typically go to Dicks.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I got a baseball shirt with Rangers logo from a co-worker about 5 years ago from them. Logo pretty much lost it's sharpness after 1-2 laundry cycles. I bought another Rangers shirt and thought it was Adidas, but ended up being Fanatics. Graphic have held up but the shirt is not the best material (fake performance fabric). Overall I try to avoid Fanatics.

It is junk. Just ordered a quarter zip pull over and it felt and looked like something you buy on the street for $5, but end up paying $40.

For Rutgers stuff I suggest ScarletFever or Barnes and Noble. Good stuff at both. For pro teams, typically go to Dicks.
FYI. Dick's team stuff is mostly Fanatics now.

FYI - I believe most college & pro merchandise at Kohl's is via Fanatics. Kohl's choices are more limited than what's available on Fanatics website, but at least you can return Kohl's purchases to Kohl's.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Where else can I buy team merch? Deals with the NFL, MLB, etc. as someone else mentioned, even retailers are now selling their crap.
I was only busting your chops. I have so much RU crap now, it isnt even funny. I banned my family from buying anything RU related unless it's unique/super cool. Otherwise, I'll scan Kohls once or twice a year to see if there is anything I like.

FYI. Dick's team stuff is mostly Fanatics now.
Haven't bought from Dicks online, but rather from local store in town. The do still have quality stuff on the shelf locally, but I can see how online they may have "outsourced" to fanatics.

This is a thread that Heaven might be able to post useful information about how reliable
some sites like fanatics is to buy from.
As a rule I check Scarlet Fever and see how their price compares to other sites when looking for Rutgers gear.

Were you one of the 8 things? I apologize for the joke if it offends, but it seemed like such a softball.
Divorce can be tough, and the old joke comes to mind: Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.
Engagement ring > Wedding ring > Suffering

I bought two Rutgers baseball caps from a site that is affiliated with Fanatics several weeks ago. I have been inundated with SPAM e-mail ever since with a bunch of headers that include Fanatics coupons.

It’s always @SF88 and ScarletFever first for me.

- fellow alum
- local small business
- the real Scarlet Knight

This.

I don't understand why anyone does anything else for Rutgers gear.

Before the Super Bowl, Eagles and Chiefs fans where complaining all over the place that they couldn't get jerseys in their teams primary colors. Turns out it was because Fanatics had ordered a bunch of "neutral" grey colors so they could slap any logo on depending on who got in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT