ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Five Movies watched at least 10 times ?

I think with Christmas and holiday movies , you could add a lot. Since we all basically watch the same ones every year.

Christmas vacation
Home alone
Planes, trains automobiles
Home alone 2
It’s a wonderful life

1. Blues Brothers
2. Goodfellas
3. Godfather
4. Airplane
5. Fever Pitch
6. Superbad
7. Rocky
8. Grease
9. Caddyshack
10. Animal House
My Cousin Vinny
Saving Private Ryan
Hacksaw Ridge
Babes in Toyland (Laurel and Hardy)
Blues Brothers
Jurassic Park
The Longest Day

Reactions: Plum Street
As a young kid - Jaws, Wizard of Oz, West Side Story, Godfather, Brian’s Song, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Coming of Age - Rocky, Caddyshack, Blues Brothers, Meatballs, ET, Star Wars, Stripes

College Years - Fletch, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Vacation (years may be blending here)

As a parent - insert Disney movie here, many of above, Miracle, Remember the Titans, Hoosiers; Eight Men Out, insert Avengers movie here

I am calling BS on this one. You have never seen any movie more than once? Impossible.
OK, you got me. I totally forgot my roll as an usher/ticket taker at the Fox Theater on Rt 1 in Woodbridge back in the late '60's. Theater was in approx. the location where Hobby Lobby and Joe Canal's is today. Only one I can remember was Clockwork Orange, but there must have been many more during that year or so. I'm really not a movie person.

One memorable movie I can never forget was the first Star Wars. It was at the long gone Amboys Drive In. I may have seen half of it because of my screaming 2 or 3 year old daughter in the back seat. May have left during intermission. Yes they had them back then.

Haven't you ever watched a great movie and really loved it which you might have felt compelled to watch again if you stumbled across it on the tube?
How about episodes of TV shows, ever watch a rerun?
If you have cable or a subscription service you have a choice of thousands of movies. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube TV.
As far as TV shows, we rarely watch any show live. We have our favorite shows set to record and we watch them later. Were watching one show now that was recorded 8 months ago.

If you have cable or a subscription service you have a choice of thousands of movies. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube TV.
As far as TV shows, we rarely watch any show live. We have our favorite shows set to record and we watch them later. Were watching one show now that was recorded 8 months ago.
It is still BS.. to be true you must actively AVOID watching a movie you've seen before. You must leave the room when a significant other or family member wants to watch something you have seen. Year by year this would become more hard to do to become nearly IMPOSSIBLE. So I'll agree on the BS call.

Then.. add in all the movies that are worth watching twice.. like MEMENTO... or any good mystery. Where watching it a second time KNOWING the ending changes the meaning of every scene.

It is still BS.. to be true you must actively AVOID watching a movie you've seen before. You must leave the room when a significant other or family member wants to watch something you have seen. Year by year this would become more hard to do to become nearly IMPOSSIBLE. So I'll agree on the BS call.

With the lineups on the cable channels I get, I could watch Shawshank daily and Road House 4 times a week. There is a reason why God created the remote.

Reactions: Jm0513
In the 50's and 60's,WOR's "Million Dollar Movie" showed the same movie at least a dozen times in a week.
As a result I know I saw King Kong, Yankee Doodle Dandy, and Mighty Joe Young at least ten times each. And you can add The Producers to my list.

Reactions: virginiaru
1. Planet of the Apes ( original)
2. Varsity Blues
3. Rocky
4. Rock of Ages
5. Mamma Mia
6. Paul Blart Mall Cop
7. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
8. Shawshank Redemption
9. Forest Gump
10. Bad News Bears ( Original)
This thread asked for FIVE movies. Many posters here can't count apparently.

Reactions: hoquat63

Then.. add in all the movies that are worth watching twice.. like MEMENTO... or any good mystery. Where watching it a second time KNOWING the ending changes the meaning of every scene.
At around 9 or 9:30 pm every night we turn on the TV and watch 2 network TV shows that were previously recorded. Shows like the 3 Chicagos, SVU, Blacklist, Blue Bloods, and a number of similar type shows. There is always a backlog until around this time of year where we've caught up before the Summer Shows begin. After watching the 2 shows we watch one of the 4 local news shows that started at 10 or 11 pm. Halfway through and after the weather forecast we close up shop for the day.
My wife may take some time during the day to watch a recorded TV show she enjoys or a movie on Netflix or Prime on the TV in the Family Room. While I'm working in my den when I'm in the house I have my TV on for Business & other News. It's mostly on for noise value while I work at my desk, or on Rivals. That's it.
Even though we're retired were not here strapped to our sofa watching TV all day long. We're also not the type to have dinner at 4pm, clean up, and sit down for the night to watch Jeopardy and other game shows and sitcoms.
Movies. No desire or time to watch them twice.

This thread asked for FIVE movies. Many posters here can't count apparently.
OGC.f68b2386ab2f11144766fe84736dcd9b

• Haha
Reactions: ChasRC69 and Jm0513
1) Casablanca (obviously)
2) The Sting
3) The Great Escape
4) The Philadelphia Story

Shawshank was a great movie but for some reason I just don't watch it again and again.

2) The Sting
3) The Great Escape

Shawshank was a great movie but for some reason I just don't watch it again and again.
The Great Escape should definitely be on my list.

I can't believe only one poster (Goodold) listed Pulp Fiction because of all the separate story lines. All are great except the watch scene.

All of my favorites are listed above except Jerimiah Johnson, Wall Street, King Pin, The Verdict, and Double Indemnity. Fast becoming favorites are The Wolf of Wall Street, Gangs of New York and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddsmugs
I kinda fibbed. My list is more like 3, maybe 4 times tops. Gremlins, Christmas movies or those annoying kiddie movies might be a few more than 4 times over the past 40yrs.
That reminds me, I've "seen" A Christmas Story more than 3 times in 24 hours, catching pieces of the marathon at various times. That one is special to my family.

Reactions: Plum Street
I believe The DaVinci Code would be one for me too.

Also Raiders of the Lost Arc

Tombstone
The Last Waltz
Phoenix (last scene one of the best of all time--seen 20 plus times)
Godfather
Godfather2

Saving Private Ryan
Shawshank Redemption
Christmas Story

And one I haven't seen on this list yet - Kelly's Heroes

2) The Sting
3) The Great Escape

Some day, maybe, I'll watch Casablanca for the first time. I can't be sure if I saw #2 or #3 on your list but I'm sure I never saw #4. Shawshank I did see.

Some day, maybe, I'll watch Casablanca for the first time. I can't be sure if I saw #2 or #3 on your list but I'm sure I never saw #4. Shawshank I did see.

,4) Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart. It's a light comedy but for some reason I've always loved it.

Cinderella
Lion King
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin

Thank god my son is grown up now.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
If I have to stay with five:
Casablanca
It’s a Wonderful Life
Christmas Story
Godfather
Godfather II

If I can add a few more:
Pulp Fiction
No Time for Sargents
Yo Have and Have Not
Shawshank
North by Northwest
Midnight Train to Munich
Elf
Django Unchained
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Forest Gump

Last edited:
Reactions: zappaa
Many of the movies that come to mind are the ones that are repeated often on basic cable. Many work nights where there wasn't much on and we were too tired or distracted to pay attention to a new movie or show. So the Food Network, sports, or one of these movies is usually on:

Paul Blart
Superbad
Bridesmaids
We're the Millers
Knocked Up
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura

There are more, but I know I've seen these all at least 10 times, probably much more.

My Cousin Vinnie
Billy Madison
Blended
Forrest Gump
Mostly all Marvel movies except Thor Dark World

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT