ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Forwarding/deleting multiple Yahoo emails

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
A friend has thousands of unread emails in her Yahoo! email account. How would she go about clearing her inbox? My thought is that she should forward the emails she wants to keep to my Yahoo! email account, and then delete what's in her inbox. I would then forward back to her account the ones she sent me, and delete what she sent.

Is there an easy way to forward multiple emails? If it helps, all of the ones she would keep have the same sender.

Once she's done that, is there an easy way to delete multiple e-mails without having to individually select each one?

Is there any better way to keep only the emails she wants and to delete the rest?

Thanks!

Create a folder with the sender's Name. Sort the inbox by the senders name. Use the Select all link at the top and then the Actions box at the top and move the selected emails to the new folder yo have created.

Then use the select all box again and delete the other emails

Reactions: retired711
If emails are mostly junk mail you can always search using the term “unsubscribe” that should get most of them and she can pick what to delete.

Deleting is too many steps so most just let it pile up.

Reactions: retired711
If there's a "Select all" and delete option, she could do that, then unselect the one's she doesn't want to delete, then delete the remaining. Would be very tedious if she has a lot of them, however.

Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT