ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Friday Night (Under The Lights) Games Are Back, Love This Time Of Year!!!!!

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
Can't wait to attend my town's season opener tonight at home. I live in Woodstown way down here in Salem County, NJ, and yeah it's Group 1, but still, we have talent, particular our RB, Bryce Belinfanti, who is an ABSOLUTE STUD and one of the leading returning rushers in the state regardless of group/division. He's worth the price of admission, love watching him play. Check out some of his Hudl highlights @Richie O et. al. Plays corner, too.

That said, anyone else attending games in their town tonight?!

Last edited:
Reactions: ManasquanMike
Hitting a game tomorrow during the day
Watching a HS game shows actual game pace vs the sliced/diced/delayed stuff on TV

Professional people who work outdoor projects/events tell me September is best month to plan outdoor events because weather is most pleasant and stable. Reminded me of A-Rod saying how cool, fall days feel better than warm spring days. Games outside under a blue fall sky are the bee's knees as they say

Last edited:
I may try to go to the game in my town next week. We are dedicating the newly renovated field and locker rooms. Playing our old Thanksgiving rival that we now play early in the season - South Plainfield.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I may try to go to the game in my town next week. We are dedicating the newly renovated field and locker rooms. Playing our old Thanksgiving rival that we now play early in the season - South Plainfield.
Sadly most of the Thanksgiving games are going extinct. Any NJ team with any semblance of state playoffs/championship aspirations have cancelled their Turkey Bowls and play their rivals usually last game of the regular season in late October.

Sadly most of the Thanksgiving games are going extinct. Any NJ team with any semblance of state playoffs/championship aspirations have cancelled their Turkey Bowls and play their rivals usually last game of the regular season in late October.
Yes, end of an era. I am just glad that at least we still play them. The series was interrupted for quite a while in the mid 1980s-1990s. It was sad listening to the WCTC T-Giving round-robin broadcast of games for the last time. But time moves on.

Reactions: ashokan
Yes, end of an era. I am just glad that at least we still play them. The series was interrupted for quite a while in the mid 1980s-1990s. It was sad listening to the WCTC T-Giving round-robin broadcast of games for the last time. But time moves on.

My town used to have an unofficial "Turkey Bowl" where past and present high school players came to play tackle with no pads on a torn-up grass field (of the sort only found in November). The game got bigger every year and the mayor would come and award the winners. That was a fun game - only the guys who loved football dared to play in it. Now guy's mommies would keep them home safe!

Otherwise we had Iona Prep vs New Rochelle (Rice, Greene, Lee) as main HS game

My town used to have an unofficial "Turkey Bowl" where past and present high school players came to play tackle with no pads on a torn-up grass field (of the sort only found in November). The game got bigger every year and the mayor would come and award the winners. That was a fun game - only the guys who loved football dared to play in it. Now guy's mommies would keep them home safe!

Otherwise we had Iona Prep vs New Rochelle (Rice, Greene, Lee) as main HS game
We had something like that too, but no mayoral endorsement that I can recall. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT