ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GIANTS

waretown

All American
Jul 4, 2009
Giants fire Ben McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese
Just a week after Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese decided to bench Eli Manning and a day after the Giants lost to the Raiders in Oakland, McAdoo and Reese got fired

Giants fire Ben McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese
Just a week after Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese decided to bench Eli Manning and a day after the Giants lost to the Raiders in Oakland, McAdoo and Reese got fired
Glorious news!

This move comes a week too late. They should have been fired the moment they pitched the "Bench Manning in favor of Smith" idea to ownership.

This move comes a week too late. They should have been fired the moment they pitched the "Bench Manning in favor of Smith" idea to ownership.

I think what has been a hallmark of Giant ownership bit them in the butt this time. They have been known for not making knee jerk reactions and generally taking care of their employees.

I'd bet they weren't completely on board with the Eli/Smith thing but wanted to give McAdoo a chance to prove he was right. I'm thinking if this week's game was also on the road, they'd have given it another week.

I think what has been a hallmark of Giant ownership bit them in the butt this time. They have been known for not making knee jerk reactions and generally taking care of their employees.

I'd bet they weren't completely on board with the Eli/Smith thing but wanted to give McAdoo a chance to prove he was right. I'm thinking if this week's game was also on the road, they'd have given it another week.

Yes - they appear to subscribe to that philosophy of "hire good people and stay out of their way" - unless it becomes necessary to intercede - but occasionally that goes haywire - and then the interceding usually happens after the damage is done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT