ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LSU-UCLA

rutgersron

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2012
Old Bridge
Watched the end of the game. Angel Reese falls down on her own and a foul against UCLA. Turning point...changes flow of the game. She fouls out and taunts UCLA bench...no call. How does she get away with this crap?????

stars have always been treated differently.
Don't like LSU, but don't think their stars should be treated differently then reds treat the stars of other top programs.
Women's or mens, pro and college, stars get preferential treatment

stars have always been treated differently.
Don't like LSU, but don't think their stars should be treated differently then reds treat the stars of other top programs.
Women's or mens, pro and college, stars get preferential treatment
I agree.but she should have been T'd up for the taunting. She does this all the time

NCAA wanted an Iowa-LSU rematch. Now it looks like we shall.get one in prime time on Monday.

Kims outfit was fabulous
keeps the eyes on her and the program she's at in peoples minds.
More coaches, men and women should dress to be noticed
outrageous outfits or just colorful ones .
That probably would give some casual fans incentive to check out games that coach is involved in .
Kim's outfits sometimes gets more complaints then the game played 😁

Reactions: bac2therac
keeps the eyes on her and the program she's at in peoples minds.
More coaches, men and women should dress to be noticed
outrageous outfits or just colorful ones .
That probably would give some casual fans incentive to check out games that coach is involved in .
Kim's outfits sometimes gets more complaints then the game played 😁

Agree like her or not she is a great at bringing attention getting to womens hoops. Every sport needs villans and she unabashedly plays into it. I love her and tune in just to see what comes next. She has the championships to back up everything she does

I couldnt read the Wa Post article because its behind paywall but here she defends her team against leftist LA Times piece

The LA piece is disgusting, but I wouldn't call it leftist - it is anti women, insulting and I wouldn't read a thing that writer ever writes. Good for Mulkey in this case.

The Washington Post article was fine, I read the article and pages and pages of comments on other message boards. It isn't a hit piece at all, it is a profile, not particularly flattering, but there was virtually nothing not already known. Some of the stuff was quoted from her book.

In general, she holds grudges, is harsh and defensive, fully devoted to coaching, hates "quitting" above all else, and probably doesn't care much for gay players. The only thing that was "news" to me was that she cut her father out of her life when he left her mother and married a younger woman. He lives alone in a run-down trailer, is 86 years old, still sometimes goes and watches her teams play, and she has absolutely no interest in having him in her life. Cold. Cut her sister out of her life for an unspecified reason some years ago as well.

Reactions: bac2therac
Is this the times article that has some in an uproar ?
Seems more pro UCLA than anything else , but does tend to make Mulkey look like a villain 😉
UCLA vs. LSU is America's sweethearts vs. its basketball villains - Los Angeles Times
https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla...merica-sweethearts-versus-basketball-villains

Kim plays up to being a villain, so she shouldn't fly off the handle when put in that light.
Winners like her can get away with playing the victim, and receive support, when articles they don't like are put out .
Coaches that are not on top of their game that complain about how they're covered, are told to shut up and stop whining .

The LA piece is disgusting, but I wouldn't call it leftist - it is anti women, insulting and I wouldn't read a thing that writer ever writes. Good for Mulkey in this case.

The Washington Post article was fine, I read the article and pages and pages of comments on other message boards. It isn't a hit piece at all, it is a profile, not particularly flattering, but there was virtually nothing not already known. Some of the stuff was quoted from her book.

In general, she holds grudges, is harsh and defensive, fully devoted to coaching, hates "quitting" above all else, and probably doesn't care much for gay players. The only thing that was "news" to me was that she cut her father out of her life when he left her mother and married a younger woman. He lives alone in a run-down trailer, is 86 years old, still sometimes goes and watches her teams play, and she has absolutely no interest in having him in her life. Cold. Cut her sister out of her life for an unspecified reason some years ago as well.

I also think that what is acceptable 2024 is different from 2004. I don't think Kim has changed her stance but in some ways back in 2004 she was giving advice to her player because it was not acceptable at all in mainstream. Whether that was right or not I cant say but different times

Very unfair to her current team to trot these articles out

I also think that what is acceptable 2024 is different from 2004. I don't think Kim has changed her stance but in some ways back in 2004 she was giving advice because it was not acceptable at all in mainstream
When you win constantly, there's always a fault to find.
Lose and you're gone before anyone starts to care about your way of doing things.
I've seen most HC s that were on top of their game get put down one way or another ,
I consider it part of the territory, but the coaches in the media's crosshairs don't all think like that.
Some complain they are being held to higher standards and/or say they are being maligned , while other just ignore the barb sand jabs and not let it bother them because they know when you're a success :people look for weaknesses in your game and want it reported.
Kim made a mistake going after the Post before that article came out , people who wouldn't have cared before , now want to see it.
Asa for Mulkey not going to read that article, I claim BS, she seems to have read the LA Times article and my guess is she read the Post one as well.
Since the Post's article wasn't like she claimed it would be, Kim will make like she didn't read it .
But on the Times article she ranted about what she didn't like ( also the UCLA WBB HC knocked it) the Times editor listened to her and changed it into a more favorable version.
Sucess has it's privleges , along with drawbacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Time Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT