ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great article - Dayton & 6 scholarship players

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
See linked article. Great piece on Dayton (21-6 record) & lots of interesting stuff from their coach Archie Miller on playing the season short-handed. 6 scholarship players and no one taller than 6'6''. At Court Club meetings, has Coach Jordan offered some of the details offered by Archie Miller here, on steps Coach Jordan has taken working with a short roster in practice and at game time?

Coach's Corner - Dayton's Archie Miller

Archie Miller and Tim Cluess are the guys who I think make interesting choices for the step up to the next level. There are other names (the Hurleys) people here like but these 2 guys are the ones I'd keep an eye one for future.

Archie Miller along with Danny Hurley are certainly 2 up and rising stars in the college ranks.....

Cluess is an excellent X and O guy - as is Jim Baron - both technically exceptional - but not the right fit for RU IMHO - as they lack the "it" in my estimation to recruit the above par talent needed to win in a P5 Conference.

Cluess BTW has a NBA talent in AJ English and possibly David Lowry as well....playing at Iona this year.

Dayton roster includes players from the Bronx and NJ and many from the Midwest -- perfect for the Big Ten. Miller will move on to a high profile program when he decides it's right to leave tradition-rich Dayton. The Flyers are a solid program. They routinely sell-out a large arena. Ohio State ducked them for years. The Flyers nailed them in the Big Dance when they got their chance.

Well his brother did a nice job coming out of Xavier and I get the feeling Archie is going to do a solid job too whenever he decides to take the step up. Maybe not as good as Sean but still think he'll be a solid coach on the next level.

BTW: Dayton playing Rhode Island tonight on CBS sports. It's on at the same time as ours but something to flip back and forth.
This post was edited on 3/3 6:41 PM by rutgersguy1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT