ADVERTISEMENT

OT: House of the Dragon - Discussion

Just started watching this. Have watched 5 episodes. Pretty boring crap. It's like the "Mork & Mindy" of "Happy Days" or the "Fish" of "Barney Miller".

Reactions: RUDead
I loved it... have seen it 4 times - will likely see it one more time before the new season.
I also loved the first 5(6) seasons of GOT. Last 2(7-8) seasons were just rushed.

Last edited:
I thought it was boring too, but then it finished really strong and made it all worthwhile
There was plenty of setup in the first season. Which I’m fine with. Everything doesn’t need to be action, battles, and war. Don’t worry, that’s coming!

Reactions: angmo and mosito
Will give it a shot then.
This story will be 4 seasons in total. It's about the Targaryen civil war called the Dance of Dragons. The first season sets this up and gets the ball rolling. The next 3 seasons (including S2 starting in June) are all about the war and battles. Too many WTF moments to fathom. The source material is available via novel and online. It's amazing stuff!

Reactions: mosito and angmo
I loved it... have seen it 4 times - will likely see it one more time before the new season.
I also loved the first 5 season of GOT. Last 2 seasons were just rushed.

Rushed or Terrible?

Rushed.

So there was a delay after season 6 if I recall... I remember being in Iceland with my sister and her 2 friends. All three were Danaerys lovers. I never understood why... it was always clear to me that she would go mad - her reasoning for her choices was never a just one. Everytime I rewatch it, it seems clear. I spent part of the trip arguing with them that either Jon or Sansa would be king/queen, but not Dany, she wasn't a good person. I even thought Cersei might win since GOT sometimes rewarded the villains.

So to me if they would have turned it into 25-30 episodes, they could have really shown how Dany changed. As well as given other characters a full archs.

So it was rushed, but not terrible IMO because I expected things to go the way they went... but how could you really turn Dany mad in 3-4 episodes.... they spent 6 seasons showing that Dany had issues and 2 episodes making her crazy. Likewise the storyline with other characters. I fully expected Jaime to go back to Cersei, but their entire last episode was trash

But I didn't have a problem with the path they took... But when you turn 30 episodes into 12 that's what you get.

Rushed.

So there was a delay after season 6 if I recall... I remember being in Iceland with my sister and her 2 friends. All three were Danaerys lovers. I never understood why... it was always clear to me that she would go mad - her reasoning for her choices was never a just one. Everytime I rewatch it, it seems clear. I spent part of the trip arguing with them that either Jon or Sansa would be king/queen, but not Dany, she wasn't a good person. I even thought Cersei might win since GOT sometimes rewarded the villains.

So to me if they would have turned it into 25-30 episodes, they could have really shown how Dany changed. As well as given other characters a full archs.

So it was rushed, but not terrible IMO because I expected things to go the way they went... but how could you really turn Dany mad in 3-4 episodes.... they spent 6 seasons showing that Dany had issues and 2 episodes making her crazy. Likewise the storyline with other characters. I fully expected Jaime to go back to Cersei, but their entire last episode was trash

But I didn't have a problem with the path they took... But when you turn 30 episodes into 12 that's what you get.
Super rushed. There were 8 GoT seasons. The first 6 were excellent. Season 7 and 8 were only 7 and 6 episodes (after all others being 10). Dan and Dave wanted to move on to other projects. Ironically, the f'ed up the end of GoT so badly that most future projects were cancelled.

I think of GoT as an outstanding 6 seasons and waiting for GRRM to finish the novels to see how the story ends.

Super rushed. There were 8 GoT seasons. The first 6 were excellent. Season 7 and 8 were only 7 and 6 episodes (after all others being 10). Dan and Dave wanted to move on to other projects. Ironically, the f'ed up the end of GoT so badly that most future projects were cancelled.

I think of GoT as an outstanding 6 seasons and waiting for GRRM to finish the novels to see how the story ends.
These guys wanted to move on to Star Wars so bad that they botched their legacy on the way out the door.

I'm currently watching the Benioff and Weiss' "3 Body Problem". Not bad. A little preachy. It's a complicated 10 hour long Independence Day (so far)

Basically anything in this Universe that is based on actual George R R Martin writing is excellent - including House of Dragons which is based on part of the novel Fire and Blood. Any TV production that was not based on his writing was significantly weaker, but still better than most TV in my opinion.

Basically anything in this Universe that is based on actual George R R Martin writing is excellent - including House of Dragons which is based on part of the novel Fire and Blood. Any TV production that was not based on his writing was significantly weaker, but still better than most TV in my opinion.
Good assessment. Thankfully, GRRM is heavily involved with HoD and all future spin-offs. HBO learned its lesson after GoT seasons 7 and 8.

Apparently Dan and Dave wanted to finish the show with a movie trilogy in lieu of the final 13 episodes.

So for those who thought it was rushed... lets cut that in half...!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT