ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Howard Stern transferring to...retirement?

Howard is still very good. However, the lack of content due to a very short work schedule is maddening. To continue to pay for something that has shrunk down to 3 days a week, 4 commercial filled hours a show, is crazy, yet I continue to pay. I guess it is the occassional laugh that keeps me coming back.

There were times I almost drove off the road, I was laughing so hard listening to him.

The John Lennon Story
The Elvis Story
Trying to buy the Elephant Man
Calling the Iranian embassy as Fart Man
Gilbert Gotfried in a coffin pretending to be Dracula on the street
Steve Rossi's tribute to Froggy
And of course Pat Cooper

Haven't listened in years though.
Pat Cooper was an amazing guest. I enjoyed Tiny Tim, but thought he was a little over hyped. Gilbert was always great on the show too.

Reactions: batts
I remember sitting in traffic on 287 in the early 90's and looking at the people in their cars laughing hysterically too. We were all listening to Stern.

The bit where Artie lang was talking about a time when Bob Uker was telling Artie and Norm McDonald the story of how he (Uker) punked Don Drysdsle when they were both playing for the Dodgers. Funniest bit I ever heard!!!

i use the app to download the shows and then listen when I can. no commercials, its way better than live.

Howard is still very good. However, the lack of content due to a very short work schedule is maddening. To continue to pay for something that has shrunk down to 3 days a week, 4 commercial filled hours a show, is crazy, yet I continue to pay. I guess it is the occassional laugh that keeps me coming back.

Interesting call-in on this morning's show. Someone called into the show with a dead on impression of Gilbert Gottrfried and Artie Lang. It was most likely Sour Shoes who does fantastic voice impressions. In any event,"Artie" stated that he can't get Howard to return his calls. They immediately hung up on the caller. Apparently, Howard's ignoring Gilbert and Artie makes him very uncomfortable. Howard did remark how good the imitation of Artie was by the caller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT