ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Identity Theft - Lawyers

My gut tells me if you said "I want X years of protection" they would give you that rather than dealing w lawsuit.

Why are so many people so quick to just say not sue? When a company F ups your personal information that can affect you in a major way, it is not a frivolous lawsuits- it is also a part of their business and business risk.
Some on here just talk bullshit all the time.
Why is it different then someone running their car into you?
I find that odd too. Since when does "damages" have any bearing on whether a person should or can sue?

How about gross negligence? How about emotional distress? How about your vendors vendor sucks. How about all that?

america-jack-coming-to-america.gif

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Why are so many people so quick to just say not sue? When a company F ups your personal information that can affect you in a major way, it is not a frivolous lawsuits- it is also a part of their business and business risk.
Some on here just talk bullshit all the time.
Why is it different then someone running their car into you?
^^^^ Moocher

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I do agree that many are downplaying it a bit, but at same time, I have to think it's a more difficult lawsuit because you haven't really suffered material damages (I.e., it's the risk or threat of damages no).

Plus who do you sue? Intuit or the small CPA?

Plus do accountants really get paid just to use Turbo Tax? I feel like I could make a few bucks this way.
If your accountant is using turbo tax- get a different one. But in a lawsuit you have to name everyone that touched it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT