ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If I hear/see one more thing about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift........

She brought a lot more people paying attention to the NFL.

I saw a news report about Kelce's jersey sales going off the charts and some women teasing their husbands and fathers about how she made Kelce famous. For a segment of people, she did.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Prime doesn't bother me, it's part of the game. He's hyping his team and making them relevant. A bunch of grown men wanting the camera on a celebrity at a football game is the dumbest thing ever. Mention it once, ok.... mention it the entire game, it becomes insufferable.
Neither of them bother me, just poking fun at the amount of coverage both have gotten.

Reactions: tom1944
Neither of them bother me, just poking fun at the amount of coverage both have gotten.
I think the coverage of her is over-blown. She's nothing special in my opinion. Some above average girl who writes corny pop songs for 14 year old girls. Same as Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Atleast someone like Adele can actually sing.

looking at the number of pages in this thread, shows the interest TKR members have for Taylor Swift ( no one better claim the boyfriend is why) and just looking about the threads started about Sanders/Colorado proves some might be obsessed over him.
Deion and Taylor or doing what they do well, making people sit up and take notice

Last edited:
I think the coverage of her is over-blown. She's nothing special in my opinion. Some above average girl who writes corny pop songs for 14 year old girls. Same as Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Atleast someone like Adele can actually sing.
Have you notice that most music now are female singers?

My opinion as an old guy...She is the current biggest talent out there. But no way a game changer such as The Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis, MJ. there are a few others and rappers that have been game changers too.
She would fall more into Madonna, Whitney category

With that said- the Girl is incredibly talented in so many ways. Yes, she can sing, not sure why someone even mentioned she couldn't, she writes her own songs and I understand that he show is great as well.
What she also does very well that none of the other mentioned had...she rules social media. Could you imagine any of the above if they had Social Media?

And then someone knocked her looks- oh come on now- girl is smoking hot.

Anyway- just one mans opinion

Ok here is a Boomers opinion. My daughter has always been a TS fan , she is 31. So of course I heard a lot of TS songs. Can i name a few that I like , yes. Do I not know most of them, also yes. But for those of you saying she is not talented, really?

When you mention Elvis , Frank, and a few more. They were singers, they did not write their own lyrics or music. TS writes all of her songs. My daughter went to her concert and told me it was the best concert production she ever saw. She showed me some clips on youtube and I have agree it was impressive.

If you get a chance look up on YT her duet with Bon Iver, pretty darn good song and lyrics.

She is by all accounts a good person. She goes out of her way to be open to her fans. She gave all the truckers and roadies a $100k bonus at the end of her US tour. Do you see her acting like the Kardashians, no. As some people have mentioned her tour is the biggest in history and cannot wait to see what her movie brings in, someone was brilliant with that idea.

My parents did not like the music I grew up with , but my kids still come to Springsteen and James Taylor concerts with me . So times change and taste of music is up to the person listening.

So let me finish with her lyrics from an old song of hers , that fits well with this thread:

And I can see you years from now in a bar
Talking over a football game
With that same big loud opinion
But nobody's listening
Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things
Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing
But all you are is mean
All you are is mean
And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean
But someday, I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean, yeah
I had never heard of Bon Iver so I googled and found he collaborates with a lot of singers. He must be respected in the industry.
What I listened to I liked.

Reactions: RC1978 and Jm0513
When you mention Elvis , Frank, and a few more. They were singers, they did not write their own lyrics or music. TS writes all of her songs. My daughter went to her concert and told me it was the best concert production she ever saw. She showed me some clips on youtube and I have agree it was impressive.

If pushed she will label herself a songwriter first.
I've never listened to her a lot but she's an amazing songwriter - has been since her teens years.
Even Carole King is in awe of her.
When asked what she would study in college she says "English."
Swifities will say their #1 song of Swift's (the "Queen of Bridges") is "I Was There" and not one of the radio staples.

She started as a teen girl writing about teen girls for other teen girls and she owns that market.
Women respond to words and imagery differet than men - NFL and media give women "narratives" and Swift does the same thing better than anyone. A full stadium will sing along perfectly because all the girls know all the lyrics. It helps that Taylor "talks sings" in musical cadences that fill the voids from thin chords

People will say she only plays a few chords on guitar but as Ed Sheeran says that's all most pop players use. I still give her credit for being a writer, singer and stage performer. I found 3 recordings of her Eras gigs (before they go taken down by YT) and she's really good on stage. She's not a dancer like Beyonce or Madonna but she moves like a 5' 11" cat - very athletic. Gigs last almost 3.5 hours with 30+ songs and no breaks (and she covers a lot of her huge stage). The gig isnt worth $1000 but $100 would be too cheap. DIfferent stages and crews have to set-up a week in advance. Bill Belichick was amazed she performed a whole gig in driving rain.

With stockbroker and financial advisor parents, I do see Taylor as too corporate (the M$ of music) but she makes the bulk of her money just on music when she could make billions on fashion, movies etc. Every venture she pursues turns to gold. She's sharp as a tack. We hear that as good as you might be at something there is always someone better somewhere. I don't think that applies to Swift's career over all. She prattles on too much about "patriarchy" since moving to NYC so she's ordinary that way but otherwise she's just monstrous in her abilities in her market.

#1 choice of Swift fans for best song

Reactions: redking and RC1978
I've never listened to her a lot but she's an amazing songwriter - has been since her teens years.
Swifities will say their #1 song of Swift's (the "Queen of Bridges") is "I Was There" and not one of the radio staples.

She started as a teen girl writing about teen girls for other teen girls and she owns that market.
Women respond to words and imagery differet than men - NFL and media give women "narratives" and Swift does the same thing better than anyone. A full stadium will sing along perfectly because all the girls know all the lyrics. It helps that Taylor "talks sings" in musical cadences that fill the voids from thin chords

People will say she only plays a few chords on guitar but as Ed Sheeran says that's all most pop players use. I still give her credit for being a writer, singer and stage performer. I found 3 recordings of her Eras gigs (before they go taken down by YT) and she's really good on stage. She's not a dancer like Beyonce or Madonna but she moves like a 5' 11" cat - very athletic. Gigs last almost 3.5 hours with 30+ songs and no breaks (and she covers a lot of her huge stage). The gig isnt worth $1000 but $100 would be too cheap. DIfferent stages and crews have to set-up a week in advance. Bill Belichick was amazed she performed a whole gig in driving rain.

With stockbroker and financial advisor parents, I do see Taylor as too corporate (the M$ of music) but she makes the bulk of her money just on music when she could make billions on fashion, movies etc. Every venture she pursues turns to gold. She's sharp as a tack. We hear that as good as you might be at something there is always someone better somewhere. I don't think that applies to Swift's career over all. She prattles on too much about "patriarchy" since moving to NYC so she's ordinary that way but otherwise she's just monstrous in her abilities in her market.

Sadly, I know who that song is about.

I just saw one of Kelce ex girlfriend warn Taylor Swift about his cheating. They don’t really seem like a match but she probably giving an athlete a chance considering she been with mostly actors and singers.

Elvis? I don't think so. You know anyone under 20 who knows an Elvis song?
But the Beatles? I am always amazed at how many young people know many Beatles songs.
And with Halloween coming Thriller will be all over the place.

My opinion as an old guy...She is the current biggest talent out there. But no way a game changer such as The Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis, MJ. there are a few others and rappers that have been game changers too.
She would fall more into Madonna, Whitney category

With that said- the Girl is incredibly talented in so many ways. Yes, she can sing, not sure why someone even mentioned she couldn't, she writes her own songs and I understand that he show is great as well.
What she also does very well that none of the other mentioned had...she rules social media. Could you imagine any of the above if they had Social Media?

And then someone knocked her looks- oh come on now- girl is smoking hot.

Anyway- just one mans opinion
Oops that was me not my flavor for sure and do not hardly think shes smoking hot. Not a big makeup guy. For what it's worth my wife & 2 daughters wholeheartedly disagree with me and think shes hot. My taste is girl with as little makeup as possible. Cake Faces not my thing. But do think she is super talented I know its out of her and all artists hands but there is not 1 person out there worth $1k a ticket for a few hours let alone the Thousands that paid $3k and higher. Now they've inflated the price on movie as well...that will also be the #1 box office movie of all time

Reactions: bac2therac
Can't speak to her music but I give her (or her management) a ton of credit how they went to war with her studio and re-recorded her catalog. That's the kind of move that changes an industry.

Reactions: GillesDeleuze

She's a CaChing machine. There is nothing she does that doesnt generate buckets of cash. Honestly got to be a special person to handle that spotlight I wouldnt want it 24/7/365. You have to think every guy is going after the fame & fortune. Cant imagine travelling with security 24/7

Politics aside, you’re one of my favorite posters. Enjoy seeing the range of subjects that capture your interest, and appreciate your open minded approach to observing talent.

I've never been one for tall, skinny blondes but she's better than a 6.
Tall skinny blonds have not been my thing either. Though, she does have some decent curves for a skinny woman. I have had a thing for short cute blonds though and now exotic tall skinny has worked well for me. lol

And yes- anyone saying a 6 or less is FOS...just saying

Reactions: ashokan
Tall skinny blonds have not been my thing either. Though, she does have some decent curves for a skinny woman. I have had a thing for short cute blonds though and now exotic tall skinny has worked well for me. lol

Personally, I think look wise his ex was way better looking. The ex is sexy, TS is not.
Swift is not bad looking though. I’m sure no one single would
kick her out of bed. Unless they don’t want to become a voodoo doll and song lyric. Lol

Tipsy Taylor looks fun:(mute it)

Last edited:

I’m not an especially big fan, I enjoy what I hear, but mostly just know the hits that get a lot of airtime. With that said, its easy to see in those songs how she’s managed to transcend the teen girl market, hold her original fans as they’ve grown, and attract new fans. Her maturation as a person is evident in her songwriting, and the growth is very relatable to listeners.

As a simple example: when she was young there was the naive, romantic innocence of “Love Story” (You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"). Fast forward to Red and 1989 as Swift explores her 20s and that youthful belief in one true love is replaced with a fun and playful cynicism in relationships. Instead of lovers being Romeos, they are “trouble” and short flings fill the “blank space”…any hurt is temporary and she can “shake it off” (after all “heartbreakers are gonna break break break”). But as youth passes so does that bright outlook and unshakeable faith that everything works out…and that’s evident in recent darker stuff like “anti-hero” (“my depression works the graveyard shift…I should not be left to my own devices, I end up in crisis.”)

There’s musical maturation and an ability to stay current…like Madonna, for example…but in Swift’s music you feel like you’re following a life and perhaps seeing some of your own too. For people my age (only a little older than Swift), it’s especially poignant — we heard her 20s party songs when we were partying at bars and enjoying our 20s, and now listening to her heavier stuff as we leave the late night parties behind and explore the real complexities adulthood ourselves.

I had never heard of Bon Iver so I googled and found he collaborates with a lot of singers. He must be respected in the industry.
What I listened to I liked.

Bon Iver has a song called Skinny Love that was modestly big overall but fairly huge in indie / alt circles. Probably going back a decade or so now.

Reactions: Jm0513
Bon Iver has a song called Skinny Love that was modestly big overall but fairly huge in indie / alt circles. Probably going back a decade or so now.
First heard of them when I heard Holocene at the end of The Judge with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr.

Politics aside, you’re one of my favorite posters. Enjoy seeing the range of subjects that capture your interest, and appreciate your open minded approach to observing talent.

Thank you I apprciate that.

I was once an art history major who hated Reagan - and went to lots of theater parties - so I dont take people's politiocs too personal lol. Politically " I've Been Everywhere" as Johnny Cash said lol.

Sadly, I know who that song is about.

I've never been in-depth on that but the street take is it was about Jake Gyllenhaal and losing her V'ginity (hence the red scarf in vid and all that). Don't know if that's true but I believe the "upstate" mentioned in song was in NY and Donnie Darko was living in NYC at the time

I've always found models too perfect looking.
Plus I like Brunettes and brown eyes
I do like that Swift isn't full of inky graffiti and fishhooks in her nose.
She's a throwback celeb who likes to be classy in dress
One of her best celeb friends is Blake Livley (a local and she''s nice) and she is also a fashionista.
Taylor is very tall and she hates that, so I block out that she can look like a pair of legs with a head on top lol

Last edited:
I've always found models too perfect looking.
Plus I like Brunettes and brown eyes
I do like that Swift isn't full of inky graffiti and fishhooks in her nose.
She's a throwback celeb who likes to be classy in dress
One of her best Celeb friends is Blake Livley (a local and she''s nice) and she is also a fashionista.
Taylor is very tall and she hates that, so I block out that she can look like a pair of legs with a head on top lol
Well, since my wife is a former model, just not blonde or a stick figure...I can't agree on that one. And in heals- she towers over me lol

And yes- agree with pretty much everything you said.

Reactions: ashokan
A few things — you can’t compare shows today to years ago. It’s all technology now that didn’t exist. It’s very cool (and I heard her production is great), but it’s apples to oranges. Next, she definitely talented. I respect she’s writes her own songs, etc. However, I’m not really sure why adults would find her teenager breakup songs to be lyrically interesting. I also appreciate that some find those songs to be liberating or owning her story. I’ve always found them whiny and a little pathetic. Finally, I don’t really find her attractive. She still looks like a kid to me. Ha.

Reactions: bac2therac
The one thing that Elvis had going against him were those awful movies. If MTV was around back then he would have cleaned up. Instead he had to make crappy movies to highlight 3 or 4 songs.

Reactions: MADHAT1
The news just reported that double the tickets have been sold for the Jets game, and Kelce jerseys have jumped up 400%.

@MADHAT1 hates when I post MBG, but I feel compelled here. Don't know how to react:

Excited Ric Flair GIF
OR
backing up homer simpson GIF

Thanks to Douglas MacAruthur's Pipe for getting it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT