ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is AROD Done ? Link

Knightmoves

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
This subject has come up a number of times in the past, and the guys recent numbers makes it seems appropriate again. Forget about hitting with power, he is just trying to make contact at this point. At some point an extended slump is going to indicate that the end is near. And how long do the Yankees wait for him to turn it around ? They are barely hanging on in the AL East and if they trade Chapman and others before the trade deadline it may be time to look at another option at DH.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/22/yankees-have-to-face-a-hard-truth-about-a-rods-terrible-offense/

Funny thing is last week the Star ledger writer wrote about the future schedule. Yanks were playing the lowly Rockies who beat Yanks 3 out of 4.

At this point, he's just hanging around to break 700 home runs then see if he has it in him to make a run at Ruth's 714. He's not going to the Hall so at least he can have the 700.

Are you suggesting the Yanks eat the contract or he walks away. I don't believe either will happen.

At this point, he's just hanging around to break 700 home runs then see if he has it in him to make a run at Ruth's 714. He's not going to the Hall so at least he can have the 700.
Is Ortiz going to the Hall..even though hes a Roid user?

Is Ortiz going to the Hall..even though hes a Roid user?
It's a good question. Did he admit it like A-Rod? I don't really recall one way or the other. Honestly I was surprised at the hard line the Baseball writers took on steroid users considering how anyone with eyes could see it was going on everywhere in the game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
RE: Arod - I can't imagine he's going anywhere this season. If they want to cut him at the end of the season and eat his salary it doesn't really change their longterm plans which is rebuild on they fly.

I really wish they totally gut this team, but that would require patience and a plan, 2 things this organization doesn't have.

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
It's a good question. Did he admit it like A-Rod? I don't really recall one way or the other. Honestly I was surprised at the hard line the Baseball writers took on steroid users considering how anyone with eyes could see it was going on everywhere in the game.

What's to admit? He's ~40'ish, hitting over .333 / on pace for 40 homers. Who does that remind you of (hint: Bonds, McGuire, Sosa).

None of these guys shall be in the HOF...unless they open a new "enhanced" wing.

MO

If Arod and the Yanks don't pick it up, Arod will be released around Sept 1
That's a lot of money to eat, but they would have to, because
there is no way A Roid is going to do the right thing, and retire, it
is not in him. By far the worst deal the Yanks have ever made,
(extending a 32 year old for 10 years)

He failed one test ( maybe more?) and played it off when reports asked him. Amazing how he's gotten away free and clear. Arod was always a superstar , Ortiz was subpar in Minnesota with his career being over.

He failed one test ( maybe more?) and played it off when reports asked him. Amazing how he's gotten away free and clear. Arod was always a superstar , Ortiz was subpar in Minnesota with his career being over.

Ortiz at age 26 hit 21 homers in 125 games in Minny his last year there. In 04-06 he hit 41, 47, 51, then dropped back down to 35 and has been around that level ever since. He was probably juicing those 3 years for sure. idk about the rest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT