ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Italian NYC Restaurant Recommendations

Not good according to the person who is the mayor of nyc, and in his words, called, the situation a "laughingstock".
Gee I was unaware there were issues in NYC. When did that start? What actually has caused this to happen. Who is the mayor now?

Gee I was unaware there were issues in NYC. When did that start? What actually has caused this to happen. Who is the mayor now?
I don't know. Some clown named McRibs or ah, McAdams. Some ass who wears a tux to formal society type functions that has guns on the back. Thats all I got.

I own 2 apartments in the city and have always defended it but even if you ask some of the most liberal/ progressive residents they'd tell you, if honest, they felt the safest during the Giuliani and Bloomberg days. It is getting back but has a ways to go.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I own 2 apartments in the city and have always defended it but even if you ask some of the most liberal/ progressive residents they'd tell you, if honest, they felt the safest during the Giuliani and Bloomberg days. It is getting back but has a ways to go.
There are crime spikes due to the end of Covid, and that will continue to the end of the year.

All crime categories, save for murders are up. it’s a city, so there will always be crime. Adams is bringing back the plain clothes police officers so that should help a lot.

Don’t recall the name but there is a good one on 46th street, restaurant row. I believe between 8th and 9th or 7th and 8th. On a nice day they have a terrace out back to sit outdoors.
https://lattanzinyc.com/

this is the place, but it’s been a few years since I have been there.
Very good eaten there several time. Carmens at 91st and Broadway or in theatre district is always fun if you have a group of 4 or more. Benito 1 or 2 on Mott in Little Italy is very reliable also. Becco or Tony Di Napalo on 46th, Barbetta because you can eat in their garden seating.

Last edited:
The answer to the best Italian Restaurant in NYC is Chef Boyardee at home no matter where you live.
Seems like some posting in this thread feel it's not safe to be out at night even in tourist areas and Stranger Danger lurks on every corner of the Big Apple when the sun goes down.
Not considering, in most major cities, tourist areas are safe and crime statics from NYC and other major cities are boosted by the high crime areas that tend to be in the poorer areas that tourists don't find many venues that are a must go to when visiting a major city except for crime buffs wanting to live dangerously. and look at the bad sections of town

Last edited:
Weird. More people are moving this year than 2019. Do they just love deterioration?
Dude you always like to argue in such a political manner but ignore the reality. I've lived in NYC for the past 20 years. The past decade there has been a serious decline throughout NYC, you'd have to be blind to not see it. The spike in homeless on the streets, violent crimes, racist crimes, shuttered business storefronts, etc. People are moving back because the city is reopened, it doesn't mean that things are not going downhill. Its still NYC.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
2 things can be true at same time

1) crime is worse
2) nyc still safer than Chicago, Philly, etc and still safer than 80s, 90s, early 2000s.

despite #2, the city has to fix #1 ASAP!

i live in Manhattan..

Reactions: AntiG
Has anyone tried Rezdora? Heard some very good things about it but have not eaten there.

Thank you. From what I understand, the chef hand rolls some of his pastas, no machine. Looking for forward to your report. Enjoy your meal!
Actually, it’s on 22nd. Getting old and confused. I also tried Valbella at BP. Cool space and vibe. Food was solid but not exceptional.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Dude you always like to argue in such a political manner but ignore the reality. I've lived in NYC for the past 20 years. The past decade there has been a serious decline throughout NYC, you'd have to be blind to not see it. The spike in homeless on the streets, violent crimes, racist crimes, shuttered business storefronts, etc. People are moving back because the city is reopened, it doesn't mean that things are not going downhill. Its still NYC.

Pointing out more people are moving to Manhattan than ever is political?

Weird.

If it's such a hellscape, why are people moving there? Everywhere is reopened. Why there?

Reactions: RUboston
One of the best is Campagnola on 1st Avenue and 70th street . The best Italian food I have had in NYC or anywhere. The different selections and service is over the top great. You wife and you will be very pleased.

Thank you. From what I understand, the chef hand rolls some of his pastas, no machine. Looking for forward to your report. Enjoy your meal!
Happy to report the place is legit. Had the right vibe. Food was excellent. I have to go back and try the uovo ravioli.

Thanks for the update. Need to get into the city now to try it.
I really like it because it doesn’t have that corporate vibe. How NYC dinning experience should be. I will also recommend El Quijote for a fun place, good food with friends.

ADVERTISEMENT