ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Italy travel recommendations

Rick Steves' book sounds like an essential companion for anyone embarking on an Italian journey. I'm definitely adding it to my reading list for my next trip. Your detailed recommendations paint such a vivid picture of the places you've explored, and I can't wait to experience them firsthand.
Speaking of travel, when I was navigating through Europe, particularly in Germany, I stumbled upon https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ for booking train tickets. It made hopping from city to city a breeze, and I couldn't have explored as seamlessly without it. Thanks for sharing your experiences and the helpful link—I'll be sure to keep it handy for my future travels.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU-05
IFL

As my younger Son has a semester abroad next year and he’ll be based out of Rome.

I'm in Puglia for the week. Would appreciate any recommendations for what to see/eat/do.

You need to visit the very interesting Trulli houses in Alberobello, Puglia. A UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
Used to work with a guy who had that as his last name.

This is what the firehouse came up with…

“Nobody uglier than Puglia.”

The “er” on the uglier naturally evolved into an “a” with the NYC accent.

• Wow
Reactions: NotInRHouse

Rick Stein is a famous British Chef. He knows great food.
Was there this morning. Italian coworker of mine recommended this place to eat and it was fantastic.

Then spent the afternoon at the beaches Monopoli.

Back in Brindisi and headed to Lecce tomorrow.
My favorite place in Puglia after Abelobello is Matera with its cave city. A truely amazing place. If you have time after Lecce you should try to visit Matera.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT