ADVERTISEMENT

OT: J. Peppers arrested

Sometimes there were reasons RU didn't get some NJ " stars". And sometimes we are lucky not to have gotten them.
Here is an article about this jerk.

I'm confused. Why were we lucky not to have gotten Jabril Peppers ? Do you have the same perspective on Ray Rice and his legal problems years after he was an undergraduate ?
Why even bring up Rice?? If you knew anything about Pepper's past history while even in high school you may not be so confused and uninformed. Some people make one mistake but others have long histories .

We would have given our collective left nut to get Peppers
Unfortunately, we had no shot due to Ash being a complete trainwreck

I never pay attention to media reports of accusations against famous athletes

Athletes are often thotmeisters and thots can turn and give them the business by design.
I just let the authorities/lawyers handle these things

"Jabrill Peppers’ attorney: “What I said in the court room, I’ll repeat: We have evidence that completely contradicts the alleged victim’s story, and I expect my client to be fully exonerated.”

Reporter: “It was video evidence?”
Attorney: “Yes, and other evidence, as well.”

https://nypost.com/2024/10/07/sport...abrill-peppers-alleged-assault-on-girlfriend/

I never pay attention to media reports of accusations against famous athletes

Athletes are often thotmeisters and thots can turn and give them the business by design.
I just let the authorities/lawyers handle these things

"Jabrill Peppers’ attorney: “What I said in the court room, I’ll repeat: We have evidence that completely contradicts the alleged victim’s story, and I expect my client to be fully exonerated.”

Reporter: “It was video evidence?”
Attorney: “Yes, and other evidence, as well.”

https://nypost.com/2024/10/07/sport...abrill-peppers-alleged-assault-on-girlfriend/
They said same when 3 girls got std s from him

They said same when 3 girls got std s from him

Maybe - he is from most prone demographic.
The "3 girls" dont sound like they are from Julie Andrew's convent
There were always articles about Jeter giving herpes to a bunch of women including Jessica Alba.
Athletes get sued all the time for STDs but he was arrested here which would be worse but prosecutors/cops loved to dog celebs so who knows.

Flood recruited him

Yeah he wasted way too much time on kids like that. That was a big part of the problem. Flood would wine and dine kids like that who never had any intention of coming to Rutgers instead of focusing on the upper end of guys in our realistic league that could’ve been coached up. It was a shame too, because Flood was pretty decent with player development (the ones not getting expelled). Kids like Paul James and Michael Burton were walk ons developed under him.

Reactions: miket007
I don’t think that was true. I was a HS coach at the time and I remember RU was doing anything they could to get Peppers to take an official at Rutgers. Supposedly he was going to drive down
Everyone knew he wasn't going to visit RU .He made it clear he had no respect for RU and his " people" made that clear. He would even joke about it to his buddies .In reality people at RU that matter didn't want his problems.

Not defending Peppers but is this even true? We don’t know yet. I guess no one from Rutgers ever did or was was accused of doing something wrong? Remember the punter a few years ago who most people on here crucified when he was accused of a crime. Turns out he was innocent. Seemed like people wanted him to be guilty because he was better then our punter and took it personally.

Everyone knew he wasn't going to visit RU .He made it clear he had no respect for RU and his " people" made that clear. He would even joke about it to his buddies .In reality people at RU that matter didn't want his problems.

Yeah that was the word out there at the time
and yet we welcomed him on the sidelines and wined and dined him and others - prioritizing attention for kids who weren’t giving RU a second look. Flood was a decent game day coach and above average with player development. His recruiting strategies were as poor as his conduct management skills.

Reactions: miket007
From a purely athletic standpoint Peppers was the greatest high school player I ever saw in person. Offensively/defensively whatever.

Yeah he wasted way too much time on kids like that. That was a big part of the problem. Flood would wine and dine kids like that who never had any intention of coming to Rutgers instead of focusing on the upper end of guys in our realistic league that could’ve been coached up. It was a shame too, because Flood was pretty decent with player development (the ones not getting expelled). Kids like Paul James and Michael Burton were walk ons developed under him.
He was also in on some guys early who flipped later when they received better offers. The DT from Staten Island who chose ND eventually comes to mind. You also had a guy like Turay who stuck. I remember many on the board killing that offer when it was made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT