ADVERTISEMENT

Panicking about a 1 TD conference road loss? Really?

For me the astounding thing is just how much we struggle with the passing game against the top 3/4ths of the conference. If you watch a lot of college ball, you know how bizarre our current and prior situation has been where you swap out the OC, QB, OL, and even head coach and the results are largely the same.

Yes the score wasn’t embarrassing or anything and the team fought hard in a hostile environment, but I’m truly at a loss as to how we can break into the top 90 teams in passing yards per game.

I'm not worried, I'm pissed. The staff(KC/GS) let the kids down and we gave away a win. With our talent, they can't lay a complete turd.

Great job by the defense. Encouraging to see.

Maybe it shouldn't be a surprise anymore but the meltdowns after one close loss are really a sight to see. Most teams other than Ohio State lose conference games in this conference, and even they sometimes drop one or two. It's a good conference. That's bound to happen.

Most people expected 7-9 wins this season. How are we not on track for that? Every other team we have left has already lost at least a game.

Nebraska isn't a bad team, and but for the inexplicable TD they didn't call, we at the minimum go into OT.

VT beat Stanford 31-7 and Washington beat Michigan 27-17. Those are quality wins for us.

Same crap as last year I guess where we are going to hear from the usual suspects all season how NW and VT were not quality wins and GS can't beat teams with a winning record and the same people run and hide when confronted with the insane lies.

Looking at the remainder of the schedule Nebraska may be among the top 3 toughest games we have. Relax.
True, but now’s when the Schiano bootlickers start to move the goalpost and ratchet up the Ash/Flood excuses, the lack of talent and depth (which is his own fault), etc

True, but now’s when the Schiano bootlickers start to move the goalpost and ratchet up the Ash/Flood excuses, the lack of talent and depth (which is his own fault), etc
How is the lack of talent and depth his fault in the NIL era of college football. He has upgraded the talent with NO money to throw around. You want pass rushers? They cost a ton of money on the open NIL market Are we just going to dismiss this fact? Nebraska has money to throw around that’s why they have a 5 star QB.

Reactions: Kbee3
It's not the results but how we get there that's concerning. Stat wise, Washington outplayed us all across the board. We had a few things go our way to get that win. Same thing with VT in the second half.

On paper, these guys beat us but we held on to the lead long enough to succeed and grind out the clock. This season could just as easily be 2-3 as it is 4-1 now. A 5-7 record is just as likely as going 9-3 this season.

Does that mean we're giving up? Heck no, I'm going with Rutgers all the way and want to see us go into the playoffs this season. But it can't be denied that there are things we have to improve to continue winning either.
And we could be 5-0 if the refs didn’t blow a TD call and the wind didn’t blow a 50 yard field into the upright.

For the love of All F—k,
We are 4-1 and lost a 1 score game to a team favored pretty much for that score.

6-7 wins were going to be tge realistic expectation and 8-9 just COY…
We already won 2 of the potential 3 losses.

You all just being stupid. Yes, goalposts have moved for all of us- but so many are failing to realize, that is a good thing

Reactions: BLewis1968
Preseason predictions don't mean much once the season starts. I don't see that as moving the goal posts.

We got lucky that Washington was not disciplined. If they were and beat us, I'd say the more talented team won.

Nebraska has a good defense, a terrible special teams unit and a ok offense. Their QB was getting a lot of love, not all of it justified.

Nebraska is breathing a sigh of relief after stealing that win. Thanks KC.

Again, you said our ranked wins will come when we’re good enough? Why doesn’t that apply to Vandy. If they’re good enough for ranked win..why aren’t we?

I’m dumb I guess so please offer an intelligent response, thanks
Come on man! The Vandy coach has had an absolutely horrible coaching career up to this point plus one fluke win. He’s 3-23 in conference and only 12-29 overall.

2 out of the first three seasons he was winless in conference. He might not win another game this year!

One fluke win in which Alabama thought they didn’t even need to show up to beat them does not negate an otherwise atrocious overall coaching record.

If you don’t understand that, then yes, you are very, very dumb.

Come on man! The Vandy coach has had an absolutely horrible coaching career up to this point plus one fluke win. He’s 3-23 in conference and only 12-29 overall.

2 out of the first three seasons he was winless in conference. He might not win another game this year!

One fluke win in which Alabama thought they didn’t even need to show up to beat them does not negate an otherwise atrocious overall coaching record.

If you don’t understand that, then yes, you are very, very dumb.

I understand this and never did I mention his overall record. His atrocious record actually makes this even more frustrating. How can he with such a bad record pull off such a big win..while we’re still waiting for ours. Ugh…

You obviously don’t understand my point so no sense in going back and forth on this.

Go RU

I wouldn’t call my mood “worrying”..it’s just very frustrating that in year 5 our fanbase is content with a close loss to an unranked Nebraska team,

Look what Vandy did yesterday, look what Minnesota did. Heck, look what Indiana is doing in 1 year. Illinois is ranked. These are all teams we should be on equal footing..and they’ve all already had bigger wins or better ranking than Schiano 2.0….its just very very frustrating,
This
Especially with a game that we should have won.

Reactions: mikemarc1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT