ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kansas/Bill Self in a heap of trouble

I would take their success here at Rutgers for the unapologetic, tiny-to-none shame exhibited and the spit-in-the-ocean financial penalties incurred. These programs are playing to win, and their success has no doubt super-sized their school’s endowment coffers and Athletic Dept funding. Oh, the ignominy of vacated wins!

Reactions: Caliknight
Based on trial testimony, it appears that Arizona and LSU will be hit the hardest.

Really sick of hearing about these so called hall of fame coaches and others breaking all the rules and cheating. Pike is an honorable coach playing by the rules and trying to win recruiting battles against these cheaters. Remember U of Nevada last year signing a bunch of 5 star guys. You would think NCAA would suspect something fishy here. Nice example to show these kids that cheating is the way to go!! Sickening!!

Really sick of hearing about these so called hall of fame coaches and others breaking all the rules and cheating. Pike is an honorable coach playing by the rules and trying to win recruiting battles against these cheaters. Remember U of Nevada last year signing a bunch of 5 star guys. You would think NCAA would suspect something fishy here. Nice example to show these kids that cheating is the way to go!! Sickening!!
Who were the five star guys Nevada signed last year? I don't remember them. Plus, a program that wins 81 games in 3 seasons signing five-star recruits isn't that fishy.

Okay, please give me examples of what Barchi has done that is either.

Lol! This is the beauty of the written word. I took him to be referring to our country president. Not University president. You and I should probably stop this exchange or we are going to derail the thread :-)

Lol! This is the beauty of the written word. I took him to be referring to our country president. Not University president. You and I should probably stop this exchange or we are going to derail the thread :-)
Went back and read comment. I took it as RU president but statement just said president. He probably didn’t mean Barchi.

Reactions: SirScarlet
I think the derailment took place! Well done!!:ThumbsUp

...although I’ve always been more partial to “thread hijacking”...much more active sounding :Wink:

Who were the five star guys Nevada signed last year? I don't remember them. Plus, a program that wins 81 games in 3 seasons signing five-star recruits isn't that fishy.
Frankly Russ, regarding Nevada U heard this directly from an reliable source within the coaching ranks how they got so good so quick... just worthy of NCAA investigation. So Russ, you being so close to the game, would you and Rivals agree that cheating is prevalent ? Tough for us RU guys to see a lack of anwven playing field!!!!

Frankly Russ, regarding Nevada U heard this directly from an reliable source within the coaching ranks how they got so good so quick... just worthy of NCAA investigation. So Russ, you being so close to the game, would you and Rivals agree that cheating is prevalent ? Tough for us RU guys to see a lack of anwven playing field!!!!
Clearly cheating in D1 basketball and football recruiting is prevalent. But who were the five-star guys Nevada signed last year?

Russ, I think it is the brothers who were coming to Rutgers and then changed their mind when someone in the family went on a visit to Nevada.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
You do have to wonder how the University of Kansas, who for some reason call themselves KU, get players from all over the country and other countries to go to Lawrence, Kansas coach after coach, decade after decade.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Maybe he’s thinking of Memphis? It’s not Nevada.
I did not think of that but that would definitely make more sense/end the confusion because Memphis did get two five-star prospects in its 2019 class.

Russ, I think it is the brothers who were coming to Rutgers and then changed their mind when someone in the family went on a visit to Nevada.
IIRC they were ranked No. 60 and No. 81. Far from five-stars. Someone else thinks he meant Memphis and not Nevada.
You do have to wonder how the University of Kansas, who for some reason call themselves KU, get players from all over the country and other countries to go to Lawrence, Kansas coach after coach, decade after decade.
It used to be Kansas State University. So KSU. They dropped the "State" and the "S" and became KU.

Also seems kinda like a midwest thing for some schools at least. Oklahoma is OU, Colorado is CU, Nebraska is NU.

Lets see, a few national championships, a few NBA HOFers, a few better than average coaches, a great college town, a sold out Allen Fieldhouse for virtually all games, great facilities, beautiful campus and more Rhodes scholars than any other public university. Nothing to wonder about.

Its easy to become numb to this after awhile. If you want to clean this up (and I know many don't care) the NCAA needs to come down hard so that others think twice about such activities going forward. I am not holding my breath.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Its easy to become numb to this after awhile. If you want to clean this up (and I know many don't care) the NCAA needs to come down hard so that others think twice about such activities going forward. I am not holding my breath.

You and me both. The NCAA should bite the bullet for 3-4 years in terms of knocking down the blue bloods. Other schools will take their place and generate just as much interest (maybe even more). Worst case scenario (from the NCAA's point of view), those schools take a couple odd decades to recover; best case had them cleaning up their act and returning to glory in a redemption story.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Vegas, I know all those things, but you forgot one big one—lots of envelopes. While I would probably love living in a rural state, I doubt most kids want to, especially basketball players these days who have been all over the country on the AAU circuit. They and their handlers may be looking for a very specific “crop” that the school has for them and their handlers. Nothing will probably come of this just like when a certain football school in northern Indiana was found to have boosters paying players. They didn’t exactly get the SMU treatment.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT