ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lebron

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: Caliknight
Lebron is the best of this era. It’s tough to crown him the GOAT because it’s a different game now. I personally don’t like Lebron. For his size he shouldn’t be flopping, he complains way too much, and the bullshit last night where he walked off while his teammates were on the court congratulating the warriors is classless. Show some respect and sportsmanship.

Lebron is the best of this era. It’s tough to crown him the GOAT because it’s a different game now. I personally don’t like Lebron. For his size he shouldn’t be flopping, he complains way too much, and the bullshit last night where he walked off while his teammates were on the court congratulating the warriors is classless. Show some respect and sportsmanship.

No doubt Jordan was better. Jordan would never get smoked while he was in his prime. I will say, however, the refs treated Jordan better. You couldn’t even breathe on him without it being a foul.

James does take a beating out there but he also whines incessantly about it...and everything else.
It still doesn’t make up for the fact that Jordan was clearly the all-time best player.

Pippen wasn't a great player?

Or is that mangled sentence trying to say that anyone other than Pippen wasn't a great player?

I'm saying other than Pippen, they weren't great players.

If you can't understand the sentence, maybe brush up on English 101 a little bit.

But they were better. Especially than the role players on Cleveland. Harper was a former all-star, Kerr and Paxson were knock down shooters who could also put the floor a bit. Far different than a guy like Kyle Korver who is useless other than when wide open and we know about JR Smith. Cartwright was a solid big man who had range outside of the paint, unlike a guy like Tristan Thompson who is not threat on anything but putbacks. Same with Nance JR. And don't forget the Bulls also had Toni Kukoc who was one of the best 6th men around. Add it up and they had a lot more firepower on their roster than do the Cavs. At no other position would I give a nod to the Cavs vs. those Bulls teams. And that includes Kevin Love and his matador defense. No need to even discuss the reserves its that strong in the Bulls favor.

No, they weren't better. John Paxon and Steve Kerr were marginal players. Same for Bill Cartwright or Luc Longley. Claiming Toni Kukoc was one of the best 6th men around is laughable. I actually watched those guys play. They weren't that good.

Maybe Kevin Durant will be the best. I see his career scoring average is the same as LeBron and shooting % is better than LeBron. 4x Scoring title in NBA. LeBron has 4 more years of playing time than Durant, plenty of time for Kevin to improve his play. Of course, Durant didn’t take over the game like LeBron because it wasn’t necessary.

thanks for the Bird love guys, he's my favorite player ever and I always say the he was the best idc what anyone says. used to get in big arguments with my little brother, he loved Jordan.

Reactions: lne001 and AntiG

If you can't understand the sentence, maybe brush up on English 101 a little bit.

Was English 101 where you stopped? Apologies, of course, if it's not your first language... in that case, you're doing great.

But sure, keep on believing only Jordan and Pippen were any good on those Bulls teams. May your fantasy world always bring you comfort. :rolleyes:

The best player in history wouldn’t have Lebron’s finals record. He wasn’t even the best player in this series. Durant is better.

The best player in history wouldn’t have Lebron’s finals record. He wasn’t even the best player in this series. Durant is better.

Durant had a great finals, just don't think he's a complete player like Lebron. He couldn't beat Golden State, so he joined them. weak sauce imo.

some of Lebron's finals teams had no business being there but they got there solely because of him, so his finals record is a bit deceiving.

Reactions: redking

Keith, to be fair, when LeBron came out of the game for the last time, he walked over to each GS player on the floor to congratulate them. Time was out, and TV was in commercials, but they later showed pix of him hugging KD, etc. Just that it was too painful to be part of the post game hoopla. He gave everything he had and could not get that band of gypsies plus Kevin Love further than he did. KD is more talented overall, but he doesn't have LeBron's will. KD is super happy to be one instrument in a band, often called upon for solos, but at other times, playing harmony as another band member solos. LeBron is a leader, a complete basketball player. As he ages, it is more about him than it used to be, but he was called on to do much more this year than any other player in the league.
I'm a Knick fan, and wouldn't want him to go to the Knicks, but can appreciate how great he is and how much he cares.
TL

Keith, to be fair, when LeBron came out of the game for the last time, he walked over to each GS player on the floor to congratulate them. Time was out, and TV was in commercials, but they later showed pix of him hugging KD, etc. Just that it was too painful to be part of the post game hoopla. He gave everything he had and could not get that band of gypsies plus Kevin Love further than he did. KD is more talented overall, but he doesn't have LeBron's will. KD is super happy to be one instrument in a band, often called upon for solos, but at other times, playing harmony as another band member solos. LeBron is a leader, a complete basketball player. As he ages, it is more about him than it used to be, but he was called on to do much more this year than any other player in the league.
I'm a Knick fan, and wouldn't want him to go to the Knicks, but can appreciate how great he is and how much he cares.
TL

In the aftermath of this series, if stories are true, I think James punching a white board in the locker room would probably edge out JR Smith dribbling out the clock as the dumbest decision by a player in the Finals.

James almost certainly off to another team this offseason, and Cavs will be lucky to get anything much for Love in trade. Likely a sub-30 win season upcoming for Cleveland.

I don't know if he was ever the most dominant NBA player in a given season, though - even in 1987-88 (MJ).

Bird won league MVP three straight seasons in 83-4, 84-5, 85-6. Perhaps difficult to say whether he was or was not the most dominant player in that stretch but hard to argue he doesn't have a good case for at least one of those seasons. Celtics won 2 of 3 championships during those years and lost in the Finals the (middle) year they didn't win it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntiG
Agreed, but walking off w/o congratulating the Warriors was not classless. He already had his curtain call and he showed respect and sportsmanship to his opponents then in a game where they were getting blown out of the water.

Last edited:
As much as Jordan helped build the league as it started to blossom in the 80s, the league helped build the aura of Jordan through favoritism. The officiating platform was basically pro-Jordan/Bulls. He rarely had to complain because he got all the calls, and by extension, more often than not his Bulls teammates did too.

No, they weren't better. John Paxon and Steve Kerr were marginal players. Same for Bill Cartwright or Luc Longley. Claiming Toni Kukoc was one of the best 6th men around is laughable. I actually watched those guys play. They weren't that good.

Pippen wasn't even really that good either. He was really overrated by virtue of his being Robin to Jordan's Batman.

Pippen wasn't even really that good either. He was really overrated by virtue of his being Robin to Jordan's Batman.

I tend to agree that he was somewhat overrated. In my mind, shouldn't have been on the Top 50 greatest list when that came out, and also didn't really deserve to be on the 92 Olympic dream team. Isiah Thomas got screwed big time. Apparently because, as with everything else, things were catered to Jordan.

and now here comes the excuses from him on why they got swept. I hurt my hand after game 1.
Meanwhile Jordan was scoring 40 points and could barely walk with the flu. And winning.

Lebron just isn’t the winner Jordan was. His heart is questionable.

I tend to agree that he was somewhat overrated. In my mind, shouldn't have been on the Top 50 greatest list when that came out, and also didn't really deserve to be on the 92 Olympic dream team. Isiah Thomas got screwed big time. Apparently because, as with everything else, things were catered to Jordan.
Yeah Isiah, Dominique, McHale, Rodman, Worthy were all more accomplished players as the time of selection.

Isiah was out due to his beef with Jordan, Rodman due to his image, Wilkins due to injury. McHale and Worthy were both much more accomplished Robins than Pippen was. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with Scottie being a HOFer, but he wasn't as good as them at the time of selection, and IMO at the end of their careers, I would still rank him below Isiah, Dominique and McHale, as well as Drexler (who is possibly the most underrated HOFer and in my opinion the #3 SG historically after MJ and KB) who was one of the final additions despite being the #2 player in the entire league by the late 80s/early 90s.

Reactions: RUnTeX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT