ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Man dies in home made rocket

Someone trying to prove that the earth was flat.

That’s just nuts. Seems completely unnecessary loss of life. Wasn’t really discovering anything new for science, was he? RIP

Reactions: Jm0513
I’ve said it before - the whole flat earth thing is a lot more sinister than one can imagine. It was put out there by someone (Russians probably) to mark certainly personality types that question authority THAT much, even in the face of accepted scientific facts. It’s a whole other level than the 9/11 truther thing..... anyhow, Once someone marks themselves in that category, you can advertise directly to them, with messages customized to push their buttons. In otherwords, you can create an army of lemmings for you.

Has anyone ever actually spoken to a real flat-earther? I kinda feel like they're not serious.

flat earther... who cares??? fricking nut job(sorry for not being sorry)

Flat earthers...it’s either quality trolling or too stupid to live...

Has anyone ever actually spoken to a real flat-earther? I kinda feel like they're not serious.

If you want to go down the Flat Earther rabbit hole, I recommend the Netflix documentary, "Behind The Curve":

https://www.netflix.com/title/81015076

Not surprisingly, Flat Earthers are predisposed to believing in other conspiracy theories (obviously, they don't believe the moon landings were real).

Reactions: Jm0513

Do you not recall the threads around here with Rutgers Rob? He's either a true believer or a top-notch troll. I kind of think half of them are just goofing on everyone else, too...

If you want to go down the Flat Earther rabbit hole, I recommend the Netflix documentary, "Behind The Curve":

https://www.netflix.com/title/81015076

Not surprisingly, Flat Earthers are predisposed to believing in other conspiracy theories (obviously, they don't believe the moon landings were real).
That’s one that particularly gets me. So the US and Soviet Union are in a Cold War, trying to expand their influence through the world and even starting proxy wars to do so, and the US fakes going to the moon and the Soviet Union (who is monitoring all of our missile launch activity) doesn’t say anything?

Do you not recall the threads around here with Rutgers Rob? He's either a true believer or a top-notch troll. I kind of think half of them are just goofing on everyone else, too...
RutgersRob? I just think it's a case of
I’ve said it before - the whole flat earth thing is a lot more sinister than one can imagine. It was put out there by someone (Russians probably) to mark certainly personality types that question authority THAT much, even in the face of accepted scientific facts. It’s a whole other level than the 9/11 truther thing..... anyhow, Once someone marks themselves in that category, you can advertise directly to them, with messages customized to push their buttons. In otherwords, you can create an army of lemmings for you.
Russians probably? I'm thinking it's prolly those Lithuanians.

He could have just sailed or walked to the edge of the supposed flat disk...did not think it through!

Reactions: BigRnj
"On Saturday, a public relations representative disputed Hughes' flat Earth beliefs, telling BuzzFeed News that the argument had helped Hughes raise money, but that he didn't actually believe it.

"We used flat Earth as a PR stunt. Period," Darren Shuster told BuzzFeed News. "He was a true daredevil decades before the latest round of rocket missions. Flat Earth allowed us to get so much publicity that we kept going! I know he didn’t believe in flat Earth and it was a schtick."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/otilliasteadman/mad-mike-hughes-rocket-death-flat-earth

Reactions: BuckRU
He'll never be any better...

Someone posted under the video in a comment: "The earth will be a rounder place without him." He also should have listened to Radiohead:

il_fullxfull.797769404_a7d0_original.jpg

This guy was the subject of a Netflix or Amazon movie I saw about 3 months ago..."rocket man"?

You can disrespect his life and laugh at his death but you should at least check out his engineering genius.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I remember Rutgers Bob, I think he was writing down everyone's names and would end each sentence with three or four dots. Does he still post?

This guy was the subject of a Netflix or Amazon movie I saw about 3 months ago..."rocket man"?

You can disrespect his life and laugh at his death but you should at least check out his engineering genius.
Engineering genius?? He just plummeted to earth at 500mph!! That's not rocket science, that's a idiot showing the world how dumb he was one last time.
#thinning-the-herd

You really do have to wonder what went so horribly wrong with someone's life that they could formulate beliefs such as "no planes crashed into the World Trade Center".

It's a little sad.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
You really do have to wonder what went so horribly wrong with someone's life that they could formulate beliefs such as "no planes crashed into the World Trade Center".

It's a little sad.

It's just the thrill of thinking you have special knowledge and can look down on others. Conspiracy theorists are narcissists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT